How could Luca fight wounded against 18 characters?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Actually the Beast Rune didn't choose the Blight family, it chose L'Renouille.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Vextor Xthonic wrote:Although it's natural to think the Beast Rune game Luca his power (I mean, that's sort of the theme of the Beast Rune), Murayama has stated that Luca's strength comes from himself only.

To take some info from the short stories anthologies, Luca was already powerful when he was 13 years old. He single-handedny wiped out a group of ruffians (the same one who attacked the Highland convoy and raped his mother). He has also been trained by Han Cunningham.

Luca only started paying attention to the Beast Rune after he was already powerful, too.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

Uh, sorry!
And Luca was trained by Han Cunninghan, wow, that's pretty cool. You see. Riou, Jowy and Nanami were trained by his old-time friend and rival. This is a really cool analog.

But about the Highland militarist culture or biologically strenght, I still find a valid theory. :roll:
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

it's also the balance of good and evil in the game since you have 108 stars on your side. The main boss/enemy definitely has to be better/stronger than just 1 star. I think Luca was born strong and grew stronger from his hatred for people of the city-state for raping his mother.
His swordsmanship was sharpened by han cunningham. And yes Luca Blight had to be weakened by arrows and earlier parties so that Riou can kill him. If it was a normal one-on-one duel with full health, Riou probably would have been killed.

P.S Seeing Luca and his Whitewolves battalion getting shot by arrows repeatedly in the game was the most hilarious point in the game besides the fact that he drops dead right after saying some stuff like i'm pure evil can't be killed etc....
Strategy is the key to victory!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Also I wonder is how Luca could operate with such a big army, invade a country 5-8 times Highlands size (yes scattered but still a union/alliance) When the country was of a large city (must have been insanely large) and a small village and an old town taken from the city state (that only had a youth brigade proably)
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Highland is bigger than it is percieved to be in the world map. Luca's regiments were always outnumbering the army he was fighting.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

Also I wonder is how Luca could operate with such a big army, invade a country 5-8 times Highlands size (yes scattered but still a union/alliance) When the country was of a large city (must have been insanely large) and a small village and an old town taken from the city state (that only had a youth brigade proably)
small does not mean the army is weak or small too.......look at Germany and Japan.........both are good examples. Is Germany considered big to Russia........Japan to China.....whats more as u ownself said its a scattered states n to add on......losing the capital at the very beginning....Muse is like the head.lose the head is equivalent to losing half if not all of the battle.

Muse hd to use spies to be captured...and so it cant be an easy war for highland in the first place if Muse did not fall.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Luca Blight indeed always had MORE soliders in all the battles. Plus, he had solon jhee, culgan,seed, jowy (black sword), cowardly Rowd, Kiba and Klaus, to help command the armies. Thus no single city could stand a chance as Luca took over the land one city at a time. He could take out an entire army himself if he could.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Luca had only a bigger army because 1: Muse fell like Hero kev said, 2 The city state was big but proably porly populated 3: They didnt work together and also hade internal wars! "That Matilda idiot leader", forgot the name but thats and example. 4: More internal problems like Necrolord, weak leaders and so on.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
True Tir Mcdohl

Post by True Tir Mcdohl »

Luca was extremely powerful, what amazes me is just how powerful he was without any rune to support him. Showing that emotions can be an extremely powerful tool, especially one bent on anger, lust, power, revenge, and hatred. The thing is, in a battle or fight, if you are determined or driven to do what you want to do no matter the cost or the consequences, almost most likely you will achieve it, becasue you don't care about anything else but your cause, and your entire focuse is to achieve your goal with no thoughts, a mind running without thinking of loss to one's self or anyone else can make them extremely dangerous and powerful.

Luca's mindset from my view is very much like this, he had totally succumbed to his emotions, and when driven by these emotions with his rather inhuman strength, made him what he was in SuikodenII and thus imo the reason why it took so many people to actually take Luca out.
Grubbs

Post by Grubbs »

It's not really his emotion itself that gives him the strength, but it was the emotion which helped him train to that level. Think about it:

Say a Shaolin monk killed your father. No matter how angry, emotional and "driven" you are, that monk is gonna beat your ass. But say you were to train enough to beat the monk. Normally, you wouldn't stand a chance anyways because you would have so much training to do in such a limited time. But the emotion and anger within you could help you withstand training that would break a normal person, thus helping you achieve the power necessary to defeat the monk.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the emotion itself was not the direct cause of Luca's power.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I agree with you Grubbs

truly, when a man is obsessed with something and will do anything for it he can bear things ordinary people cant because he becomes inhuman, if a monk killed your father and you became filled with rage and were obsessed with killing him, then nothing else matters and so you forget all your morals and your beliefs and just sink into darkness, thats probably what happened to luca and what would happen to any man in that kind of situation unless they had alot of wisdom and comfort in other things
Hash

Post by Hash »

Still, there's something very weird with Luca. He's not only strong, he's beyond human. In fact, if you compare his war unit with Yuber's, you can see Luca is stronger.
Perhaps that doesn't really mean that he's more powerful than the Black Knight (careful! do not turn this into a Luca vs Yuber topic), but it's most likely. At first I thought they would reveal that Luca isn't a regular human, or that he's possessed/enhanced by some power. But it turns out that Murayama's explanation is that Luca is just so strong.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Luca is, or was rather, the most powerful man in the Suikoden world. Not only that, but he's quite cunning and ambitious, his weakness was that he was drunk on power and full of himself.
I hope everything is going delicious.
True Tir Mcdohl

Post by True Tir Mcdohl »

Grubbs wrote:It's not really his emotion itself that gives him the strength, but it was the emotion which helped him train to that level. Think about it:

Say a Shaolin monk killed your father. No matter how angry, emotional and "driven" you are, that monk is gonna beat your ass. But say you were to train enough to beat the monk. Normally, you wouldn't stand a chance anyways because you would have so much training to do in such a limited time. But the emotion and anger within you could help you withstand training that would break a normal person, thus helping you achieve the power necessary to defeat the monk.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the emotion itself was not the direct cause of Luca's power.
I forgot to quote that part as well :( , sorry about that.

As for Shaolin Monk, sorry to say, but I have been liberated from any "forms" or "styles" of martial arts and so I wouldn't think I would have a "0" chance against a Shaolin Monk, however that's a whole different story not pertaining to Luca's theory, which we will just end at that.