The Great Balance

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
BadPotato

The Great Balance

Post by BadPotato »

..Anyone know what is the 'Great Balance' exactly?
JanusThePaladin

Re: The Great Balance

Post by JanusThePaladin »

It has never actually been addressed, but is widely assumed to be the balance between Chaos and Order, as per Oriental philosophy. Someone who knows more on the subject can tell you more.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Balance between the 27 True Runes' powers?
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

patapi wrote:Balance between the 27 True Runes' powers?
this could easily be true. i mean, if a True Rune were to absorb other ones or something, it could create a really huge mess.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it can also deal with how humans are utilizing true runes at that time. Leknaat has been involved in preventing true runes from being collected into a single arsenal - Gate Rune Wars was to prevent Windy from obtaining the Soul Eater and "dual-wielding" true runes. Leknaat also kidnapped Luc and the True Wind Rune from Harmonia. She also wanted to stop Luc from destroying the True Wind Rune, but was too weak to stop him early on, and I think she was too emotionally torn to get get involved in the Suikoden III wars to assist in stopping Luc (or she was extremely confident he would fail).

Also for Suikdoen V, the Sun Rune was in danger of being misused (to destroy neighboring countries) or further going out of control if the Godwins captured the Dawn Rune (since they already had Twilight and Sun).
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I always assumed it was a reference to the struggle between Order and Chaos.

Luc shows what the world would look like if Order rules, bleak and would be devoid of any life.

A world ruled by Chaos would probably look something like Rarohenga in the abomination which isn't really desirable.

A Balance between the two is preferable, Leknaat works to ensure that. It's probably a self-imposed title rather than one bestowed to her though.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

My money's also on the theory about the balance between chaos and order. I guess Leknaat always sides with the side that she knows will cause the least change in that balance during and after the war.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!