The Suikoden/Castlevania connections

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Asquian

The Suikoden/Castlevania connections

Post by Asquian »

Will we see a belmont in future Suiko titles? probably not, as the Marleys have taken this role, but nonetheless, Konami seems to be doing some throrough borrowing from their magnificent Castlevania line to supply Suikoden with some of it's plotlines.

S1 - Neclord, the vampire, a huge castle. You kill him.
S2 - Marley family, Sierra, Neclord's return(you killed a doppleganger), final Neclord battle music appears to be a castlevania track.
SG - Raen, we get some more info on the Suikoden world's vampires, but yet they still seem to have Castlevania esque traits(why do vampires like huge mansions/castles so damn much?)

There are differences, of course, But with some of the borrowing that seems to bet getting done, i wouldn't be suprised to see neclord's son, Drolcen, make an appearance later.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I always thought Viktor looks like a Belment, of not having similar color palettes.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

is Castlevania is Konami production too ??
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

if only kahn had a whip and ate werewolf meat...and yes konami made castlevania

p.s-thanks for pointing this out cause i think konami has a habit of using the same ideas
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Soul Eater

Re: The Suikoden/Castlevania connections

Post by Soul Eater »

Asquian wrote:Will we see a belmont in future Suiko titles? probably not, as the Marleys have taken this role, but nonetheless, Konami seems to be doing some throrough borrowing from their magnificent Castlevania line to supply Suikoden with some of it's plotlines.

S1 - Neclord, the vampire, a huge castle. You kill him.
S2 - Marley family, Sierra, Neclord's return(you killed a doppleganger), final Neclord battle music appears to be a castlevania track.
SG - Raen, we get some more info on the Suikoden world's vampires, but yet they still seem to have Castlevania esque traits(why do vampires like huge mansions/castles so damn much?)

There are differences, of course, But with some of the borrowing that seems to bet getting done, i wouldn't be suprised to see neclord's son, Drolcen, make an appearance later.
The Neclord battle music in suikoden II is a jazzed up version of the Neclord's Castle music from suikoden I.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Did anyone try metal gear with your S1 or S2 file? I only get psychomantis to say castlevania.

One common dialogue from suiko/castlevania:

"You've done well to make it this far."

...and many more Konami titles.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

yeah he comments on your love for the games or somthing
Hash

Post by Hash »

I too wouldn't be surprised. But even if it's not his son, another vampire created by him may appear. It's kind of odd, how he's been wandering during centuries without any more vampires created by him. And what about his brides? All of them were supposedly turned into vampires, yet we don't see any. He's only accompanied by zombies.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I never really noticed that till now, I don't mind vampires in suikoden but their no Legacy of kain beaters. It would be great to have another vampire who's ego sits with neclord's but I want it to be a different vampire other then neclord!
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

I just LOVE Castlevania as well as Suikoden, and YES I deffinitly think there's a bit of Castlevania in Suikoden series. Even Kahn is armed with a sword (same weapon as Alucard). But no, I don't think that Belmont clan or someone like them should appear in Suikoden series. All the Belmonts look so...girlish! Unlike Kahn. Kahn rules! Kahn rocks! We want Kahn! Kahn beats Belmonts! We want Kahn in Castlevania!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

Wow, good post Asquian. I hadn't really thought about those similiarities before. What exactly happend to Neclords rune anyway? It's missing now right? Could be good for a new vampire king :)
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Sierra took Neclord's rune that he stole from her 300 years ago when she defeated him with Viktor and Kahn. And that was actually Neclord's end. In Suikoden 1 they defeated him, but didn't killed him. And in Suikoden 2 he's finally gone for good.

Never-the-less, I still hold onto the things I said before...WE WANT KAHN IN CASTLEVANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You never really fought Neclord in Suikoden I; all you did was fight and kill his doppleganger.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i dont think seirra is gonna let that rune outta her site agan. but still.......WE WANT KHAN IN CASTELVANIA TOO!!!!!!!!
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Jowy Atreides wrote:In Suikoden 1 you never even fought Neclord. You fought and killed his dopplegenger.
yes, i mentioned that fact.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me