The Suikoden/Castlevania connections

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Asquian wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:In Suikoden 1 you never even fought Neclord. You fought and killed his dopplegenger.
yes, i mentioned that fact.
...I know.

I was correcting Maldonado.
Reideen

Post by Reideen »

Maldonado wrote: But no, I don't think that Belmont clan or someone like them should appear in Suikoden series. All the Belmonts look so...girlish!

Should not be very strange because there is a theory that the Belmonts after Sonya are related to some certain Vampire(if you're a real CV fan you know who...) ...and since most "NewAge"-Vamps are all kind of androgyn ....no more comments...
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
suikogod

Post by suikogod »

Suikoden didn't take concepts from Castlevania. Vampire's living in castles were popular centuries before even pong came out.
I am your GOD! SUIKODEN is your religion. Any questions?
WatcherZero

Post by WatcherZero »

Anyone seen Naruto, it might be me but Orichimaru's theme in that is almost identical to neclords theme, you also get this strange feeling of similarity between naruto and suikoden and im not sure why, its noit just several of the charachter drawings being similar.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

i havent played any castlevania part yet but OMG WHERES SIERRA IN IT?

and neclord, rean and the marley family??
bla
BeastRune

Post by BeastRune »

I believe you do fight Neclord in Suikoden I though. I don't think the Doppleganger technique creates a totally independent Neclord that wanders around and threatens warrior villages ;) I think the technique is more like a shadow that Neclord can leave to feign death. That's why Kahn has to be present to stop him from just going <poof> after the fight.
Akira

Post by Akira »

The first time I thought about similarities to CV and Suikoden was that in LoI (lament of innocence) The first part of the castle you explore has the music in the beggining thats close to Neclords theme. Khan in CV? That'd be awsome! but it'll never happen. I'm wondering if in SV there will be a star thats a Vampire as well. Like Sierra but a bit different ^^ maybe a boy one instead. Maybe her son or something.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

How about Sierra where you can use the Blue Rune Rune in battle.

Also Neclord's theme is what you expect from a vampire.
revolution is my name

Post by revolution is my name »

Occam Arkitect wrote:Did anyone try metal gear with your S1 or S2 file? I only get psychomantis to say castlevania.

One common dialogue from suiko/castlevania:

"You've done well to make it this far."

...and many more Konami titles.
I got him to say both.

"Sooo, I see you like Suikoden?"

I almost peed my pant's of excitment.