Jeane's hair and her age

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Aeris Razorblade

Jeane's hair and her age

Post by Aeris Razorblade »

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this has been already discussed elsewhere but using the search form I didn't have found something that discuss of this... But if it is, well, I'm sorry for double-topic.

When discussing with a friend of mine about Suikoden characters I have noticed that Jeane's hair change the shade:

GS4 -> Jeane's hair are beije, nearly light-brown
GS5 -> Jeane's hair are pink
GS1 -> Jeane's hair are of a grey-yellow
GS2 -> Jeane's hair are grey
GS3 -> Jeane's hair are grey

So I've been thinking.... If Jeane is sooo old (GS5 docet), could that be that her hair change colour and turn withe as she "age", but she did not grow old? O_o I' don't know how to explain myself too well...
It could be that she is not an aethereal entity, but a human (a sindar?) that grow somewhat... so her "true form" could be that of a old lady... her real appearance can be hidden by an incantation, a strange spell, or even the rumored rune she have. What do you think about it?
Sorry for the english guys :3 [Proud Italian Suikoden and Suikosource fan! ^_^]
Siel Avadon

Re: Jeane's hair and her age

Post by Siel Avadon »

I presume that could work. But like other things hard to say :D I dont have time to drop much more notes right now! Oh sheesh...need to take the bus soon! Yaah! :)
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I'm not sure but I think that they said she wasn't human, but maybe this theory is right about her species whatever she is, or maybe thats just how her species could be....maybe she is an angel of the true runes...or maybe she is even sent from the God of the Suikoden world (at the same time as the runes were sent?) to keep an eye on how Leknaat or others are doing.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I dont think this is a post for wild speculation, i think its supposed to address the theory at hand, and I have got to say that said theory is a pretty good one. I can find no flaw in it aside from the fact that Konami has not said it is such. More likely its just the designers changing the character designs around.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Or she could have dyed her hair. Such things do exist in the world of Suikoden.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Aeris Razorblade

Post by Aeris Razorblade »

Yes it could be only a change made by the artworkers... but the way this changes have been put makes me think... XD is more funny this way, afterall one of the things in suikoden I like most is the mistery behind certain characters... :wink:
Sorry for the english guys :3 [Proud Italian Suikoden and Suikosource fan! ^_^]
EternalOnslaught

Aeris Razorblade wrote:Yes it could be only a change made by the artworkers... but the way this changes have been put makes me think... XD is more funny this way, afterall one of the things in suikoden I like most is the mistery behind certain characters... :wink:
It could be that too, but what I meant is that hair dye exist in the Suikoden world, to what extent I don't know. Sialeeds dyed her hair a light brown color, so it's possible Jeane did the same thing.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they changed Jeane's hair to help distinguish her from the rest of the Royal family, all who had white hair. When it was just Jeane, it wasn't much of a problem, but now when you have a whole bunch of people running around like that, it is better to differentiate Jeane somehow.
EternalOnslaught

Now that you mention it I also remembering seeing it some where. Can any one confirm this?
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I can't actually confim this right now but I also remember hearing about this, maybe its on Jeane's page here at Suikosource, but I really need to get in bed.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Atleasts this Is better then the overly silly "all look the same". That Is just freaking stupid!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
JanusThePaladin

Actually, i'm realitively sure that the statement of her dying her hair was someones theory, as some back story to S5 states that there is a falenan law that no one can have white hair excepting the royal family.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

The thing I'm sort of citing (if I could find it) was actually a statement from the designers, not a fan theory.
JanusThePaladin

Hmm, i stand corrected then.
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

i think her changing hair color other than 5 was just variation in artwork. and they probably made it look pink in 5 to show her having no relation to the prince or his family.