Leknaat's lending hand

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Runemaster

Re: Leknaat's lending hand

Post by Runemaster »

Sarah?? Leknaat?

I don't think so.. She couldn't be an enemy of the stars of destiny, right? she's gone missing in SIII.

I guess she just doesn't want to show up to the FC since Luc might be more misled and think that that Virgin Mary rip-off really has bad intentions for him. Although she still "watches" all those destiny bla-blas..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Runemaster wrote:Sarah?? Leknaat?

I don't think so.. She couldn't be an enemy of the stars of destiny, right? she's gone missing in SIII.

I guess she just doesn't want to show up to the FC since Luc might be more misled and think that that Virgin Mary rip-off really has bad intentions for him. Although she still "watches" all those destiny bla-blas..
She wouldnt have been an enemy to the stars of destiny, as Sarah did do a couple of things that helped them in S3. Also Sarah is a powerful mage, and they both wear alot of blue! Also, when you play as Sarah she already has affinity with the Pale Gate Rune, even though she is unable to equip one!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

there were 2 orb of light in the last scene in SIII right?

who would you suppose the other light be? the one with Luc

oh and there was a picture with the three of them also
JanusThePaladin

Oh yes, and this pictures also allows her to be Luc in S2?

What about Hellion, why cant she be Hellion in S1?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I haven't played Luc's chapter so all i know about sarah is she is in luc's side and keeps on creating clones and teleport them everywhere. Still hard to recruit all the stars of destiny esp. kathy. haha.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

whoa oops sorry for the spoiler

altho you can't get much from what i said (whew)

yeah up until Luc's chapter it is quite feasible that Sarah maybe Leknaat in disguise

these was all made impossible during the ending of Luc's Chapter as it involves Sarah and Leknaat together in a same "frame"

@Janus, my memory of SI is quite non existent, but i do know Hellion, the one with blinking mirror

other than that, i can't supplement your theory any further

oh and it would be quite awkward that Leknaat would play Luc's part in SII

i dunno why but it just doesn't seem right for me

but thats just me i guess
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

i dunno about hellion... i think they may have thought about making her the true earth rune bearer but decided not to or some crap like that...
that old woman soooo doesn't stand out as being anything special at all... and i think what they meant by replaces leknaat as seer was probably
more like taking the place of windy as the magician. (if i remember right you can't remove her mother earth rune? thats why i say the true earth rune and only for that reason, but sasarai had it anyway)

as for Jeane, they've obviously got something special in mind for her but her agelessness is probably more of an illusion of a beautiful woman...
she could really be some monster that has a vast lifespan, or perhaps she uses something outside to keep her young or perhaps just alive.
ohhh im not going to get into talking about Jeane as Leknaat.. i really don't think its her.

sarah and leknaat in the same frame (spoiler i guess)

not just that picture from the ending that other glowing light that flies away into the night sky in the last scene, the dimmer of the two, thats her
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Zozma, dude i got three words for you

wrong page

you're completely off track dude

ontopic

well at least thanks for that info on Hellion

that low profile perfectly serves Leknaat's purpose of lending a secret hand

plus prolly it could've answered why the Blinking Mirror miraculously ended up with her

she also got a high affinity to magic right?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

uhhh..three words, huh?

well, Jeane could be Leknaat but Jeane has a "SCARY" secret right?

Leknaat isn't scary, I guess.. OR she might be a monster!!!!... nah, dun wanna make the issues bigger.(no,im not from showbiz)
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

as much as it pains me so

Jeane is out of the candidate list since her agelessness isn't done by a True Rune

Hellion is a pretty nice candidate for SI until someone disproves her
JanusThePaladin

How about in S2 nanami? I know it seems kinda difficult to believe, but maybe leknaat, knowing about Genkaku and Han's inability to cope with the Rune of beginning, decided to disguise herself as a child and keep an eye on Genkaku? Then while keeping an eye on him, she grows an affection toward her adopted brother and sees his strength as perfect for the Rune?

Think about it, Nanami and Leknaat and never in the same room tegether, except when Nanami was "asleep" in Rockaxe. Nanami is protective and defensive of him, and I always thought that Leknaat had given Riou far more personal attention than any of the other heroes. They never share have a conversation, and Nanami and the others mysteriously disappear when Jowy and Riou get their Runes.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Mikain Clan King wrote:Luc in Suikoden 2? I know he was her apprentice but its still possible right, even if they meet at the same time togeather? She is very powerful you know...I doubt illusions would be hard for her to do.

deffinetley not, Lucs dialougue in Suikoden 2 indicates he is in deep thought about his True rune which perfectly matches up with Suikoden 3 Luc...actually the fact that Luc in Suikoden 2 even has the True Wind rune is proof enough it cant be Leknaat

JanusThePaladin wrote:In suikoden 3 it would HAVE to be Sarah. She loves Luc and is constantly by his side even though she disagrees with his actions. Its kind of the opposite of Luc and Leknaat's relationship in the previous games. Perhaps Leknaat and Sarah share and kindred soul?
not possible as we know Luc saved Sarah from Harmonia and Leknaat in turn saved Luc from Harmonia, not to mention Sarah's light is with lucs light and Leknaat at the end of the game

JanusThePaladin wrote:How about in S2 nanami? I know it seems kinda difficult to believe, but maybe leknaat, knowing about Genkaku and Han's inability to cope with the Rune of beginning, decided to disguise herself as a child and keep an eye on Genkaku? Then while keeping an eye on him, she grows an affection toward her adopted brother and sees his strength as perfect for the Rune?

Think about it, Nanami and Leknaat and never in the same room tegether, except when Nanami was "asleep" in Rockaxe. Nanami is protective and defensive of him, and I always thought that Leknaat had given Riou far more personal attention than any of the other heroes. They never share have a conversation, and Nanami and the others mysteriously disappear when Jowy and Riou get their Runes.

um isn't nanami half dead until leknaat revives her through the powers of the bright shield rune?

yea sorry guys but Leknaat is Leknaat and no one else...she even says several times she cant leave her palace...she only sends illusions to communicate
JanusThePaladin

First of all i'm relatively sure this thread is just for fun. Second of all, the bright shield rune has absolutely NO CONNECTION to nanami's resurrection. You're confusing it with the Soul Eater and Gremio in suikoden 1.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

JanusThePaladin wrote:First of all i'm relatively sure this thread is just for fun. Second of all, the bright shield rune has absolutely NO CONNECTION to nanami's resurrection. You're confusing it with the Soul Eater and Gremio in suikoden 1.

I think this thread is completley against the rules if its not serious{it would be considered spam}....but then again I dont really remember suiko source's rules too much so I could be mistaken

I havent played Suikoden 2 in a coule of years but im preety damm sure nanami almost dies but you save her.....I thought that it was done by the bright shield rune....I remember Leknaat unlocked the 4th spell if you get all 108 SOD and I though that it was that spell that saved Nanami.....

in any case I wasn't confusing Suikoden 1 with 2
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Nope, Riou uses his tonf..I forgot the name of that weapon but he used his Twin Fangs to shield them from the arrows.