Badeaux's weapon is...ironic

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Occam Arkitect

Badeaux's weapon is...ironic

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Well, I just want to tell you guys that I think Badeaux, to me, is a sadistic bastard. :P Well, sort of.

He looks and sounds like he loves animals, and he's a Beastmaster. But WTF, of all the weapons he could choose, why a whip?! Animal instincts are even causing phobias by these weapons (I saw an observation in Discovery channel, a horse sulkingly tiptoed away from its owner who holds a whip) because majority of its use is to whip the animals themselves.

If it's not a flaw, then I guess Badeaux isn't the "animal lover" we all know him for.

But yeah, where in the game did we ever find out that he specifically "loves" animals?.. What is his relation to animals in the first place? Does he just "tame" them, with physical force or without? Or without any reason at all? Well, what do you guys think of his character? Where the hell is he in your HQ anyway?
Mikain Clan King

Re: Badeaux's weapon is...ironic

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Animals are to Badeaux
as
Little boys are to ?....
But maybe since he is a beast master he uses it to control them? Like tamers, I'm sure they love animals.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Lol, you mean Badeaux is an animal-pedo? :roll:

If Badeaux loves animals he shouldn't even use a whip, and he'd tame them using another way but a whip.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Badeaux was probably a mistranslation for Dominatrix.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Monsters don't count as animals in his eyes, maybe.
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

I guess the creators were just without creativity and just gave him a weapon that is suposedely related to animals...I'd rather him fighting with his bare hands, that would be more close to logic, or at least some Monk type weapon like Kama, Sickle or Bo
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

not all beasts are "good" beasts

being the Beastmaster that he is, it is obviously required to protect the "good" beasts from the "evil" ones

now what better weapon to vanquish "evil" beasts than a whip

as already mentioned, animals (or beasts) apparently have a phobia with whips

Badeaux is not a wood sprite, a spring fawn, or Mother Earth Gaea

his stereotype would be those animal trainers you see on the Circus trying to tame Dumbo's mother (yes with a whip and some ropes to tie her down)

got that?
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

He strikes me as a walking stereotype, a Sioux indian who loves/hate/make loves with animals
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

makes love with wha...

eww gross

O_O
Overdose52

Post by Overdose52 »

I never really felt he LOVES animals, he is just in touch with nature and has the ability to communicate. Lets face it any animal you face in the game is hostile so he is hardly going to stop and start negotiations. I think its a stereotype you can choose to see or not, he's a beast master and only seems to use the whip on enemies.

He can use the whip to instruct and direct animals too, without striking them like many tamers do. It could be used for manipulation rather than physical harm.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I agree. For instance many animals really aren't hurt much by whips as they have thick hides, unlike humans. What's that stick with the little whip on the end that horse riders use? Anyway, I've heard that it really just gets their attention, they don't feel it very much.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

dude, he uses his whip to command the beasts, that's his profession. he does not whip them and probably does care about them... he joins you because you have animals fighting on your side.
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

When animals are in the party, he does not whip them. However, he does have an unite attack with the monsters doesn't he? And doesn't he crack his whip to order them to attack? (I don't remember for sure because it has been a while since I last played Suikoden 2). The whip is a perfect weapon for making a sound to signal moves. And the use of the whip can be illustrated as a love for animals. A weapon traditionally used to hurt animals can be turned on monsters and bad humans (remember Kinnison worries that Highland will destroy a forest filled with animals - his reason for joining you, so Badeaux would detest Highland for the same reason - they threaten nature).
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

why not use a whistle then?

a trumpet perhaps?
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

hahha omg i just imagined him playing a trumpet LOL maybe a harp, but yeah i think the whip is a perfect weapon for him to use, i never got the vibe that he mistreats his animals, i mean, he has the ability to communicate with them, and if you sharpen his weapon to the highest level it is called whip of Love. So cmon, he loves his lil critters, now what i want to know is where he got the listening crystals from and what those are derived from?
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor