Morgan.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Addepadde

Re: Morgan.

Post by Addepadde »

I played Morgan pretty often during my S1 gameplay, and I got suprised about the stats.

When I played morgan, he was a great damage dealer, criting around 1300 on the golden hydra ( I think).
But maybe thats because I focused more on him than Pahn and Eikei.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I wonder where Blue Moon got that info on Morgan.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
lungfish

Post by lungfish »

Redheim wrote: The major selling point for Suikoden for me is the correlating stories. <3
most definitely.
seeing that I'm playing Suikoden V for the first time now, i'm totally loving the references to the other games.
from acquiring Karaya Urns to info on Morgan to a ship being named Lino En Kuldes. such insight is endlessly interesting.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

If Morgan is the guy Shoon talks about than either they retconned it or else it's a mistranslation. Because Morgan straight up tells you in Suiko1 that he's been blind since birth.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The general consensus is that he just lies about that in Suikoden. Considering it's pretty much the first thing he says to you it's a lot less unnerving than "I had my eyes forcibly removed because I'm a killing machine".

Plus, his artwork has the scars from the removal. He wouldn't have these scars if he was actually born without eyes and/or sight.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Seems an odd thing to lie about. It's not as if Tir said "Hey dude, what happened to your eyes?" Morgan just supplied the info "My name is Morgan and I've been blind since birth". I'd like to think it's a mistranslation. "shrug"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

And Morgan is going to tell a complete stranger his whole life's story because..?

He supplies the information to circumvent the question of it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Homac

Post by Homac »

Well, maybe he has been blind since birth. They said that he was just as good when they removed his eyes as he had been with them, so maybe he really just never needed them.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

HAHA that's awesome. They didn't even know he was blind so figured taking out his eyes would be a handicap.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Homac wrote:Well, maybe he has been blind since birth. They said that he was just as good when they removed his eyes as he had been with them, so maybe he really just never needed them.
That's an interesting thought. I feel like one of his friends would have known, but it's not like Shoon retells you stories of hanging out with him or anything.

Heh, maybe he was already blind.
Nlelith

Post by Nlelith »

I made a pretty cool discovery about Morgan while playing suikoden 1. If you have Morgan in your party, you can clearly see secret passages, like the one leading to Crowly. Strange that I never read it in any walkthrough or forum before tho..
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Icegryphon wrote:HAHA that's awesome. They didn't even know he was blind so figured taking out his eyes would be a handicap.
ha haa aahaha aahh nobles of Falena can be so STUPID!!!!!!! hahahhahahah. but since this is sorta a theory, i supply: if that happened, wouln't they have known before that he was blind? Its not exactly something you can hide, is it?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sagiri wrote:
Icegryphon wrote:HAHA that's awesome. They didn't even know he was blind so figured taking out his eyes would be a handicap.
ha haa aahaha aahh nobles of Falena can be so STUPID!!!!!!! hahahhahahah. but since this is sorta a theory, i supply: if that happened, wouln't they have known before that he was blind? Its not exactly something you can hide, is it?
That's not actually the case, I think Icegryphon has just misunderstood what people have been saying; the general idea is that he was not blind from birth, this part is simply a lie told to Tir in Suikoden.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

umm...okay. so now i hold a grudge against him for lying to me. im such a pleasant person. but remember that this was only the first one and the whole story wasnt developed
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mh, another thought: Maybe he suffers from sort of amnesia? I mean he has suffered so much pain in his life: He was a slave, a gladiator, his eyes were plucked out, he was thrown out to the sea in a barrel... maybe it was all so traumatic that he lost his memory of Falena? So he didn't lie on purpose to us.