Morgan.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Redheim

Morgan.

Post by Redheim »

In Suikoden 5 Shoon mentions a great Gladiator who`s eyes were taken by his masters. Could that possibly be Morgan from Suikoden 1?
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
RangerDeon

Re: Morgan.

Post by RangerDeon »

Yeah, that's Morgan. Check out the "character" section on this site, find Morgan and it'll tell you his story.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

You would think there will be more information on Morgan in the future, as they elude to him being pretty powerful in S5. I never really used him in S1, i may next time i play, but can anyone tell me if there IS anything that makes him seem as impressive as Shoon says?
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:You would think there will be more information on Morgan in the future, as they elude to him being pretty powerful in S5. I never really used him in S1, i may next time i play, but can anyone tell me if there IS anything that makes him seem as impressive as Shoon says?

well other than the fact that he is blind, and can kick a lot butt, just as much in fact as he could when he was able to see. According to his profile the nobles made him blind just to give the other Gladitators a fighting chance, also prob becuase no one would bet against him, so his owner prob could make much more money off him if he never loses a fight. yet even after blinding he was still always willing the sold him...thats pretty darn impressive ....

he is also The Strong Star or the Chian. This is same Star that people like Richard(V) and Rikimaru(2) had, and they were all pretty BA (richard really really BA) when it came to inflicting serious HP damage. So i'd say that old morgan is good company in terms of that.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I mean in terms of gameplay. I know his history, but is there anything that sets him apart stat wise in S1?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no, he's just a clone of Pahn with lower stats and no permanently attached Boar Rune. in fact, he's just like Eikei in stat growth except worse HP than Eikei.
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... growth.php
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I never even used him. I mean, I wanted to, I really did. . . buuuut I didn't.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

In Suiko1, Morgan tells you that he's been blind since birth. And Shoon says that the one gladiator was blinded for being too strong. So how does that work?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sagiri wrote:In Suiko1, Morgan tells you that he's been blind since birth. And Shoon says that the one gladiator was blinded for being too strong. So how does that work?
Maybe a wrong translation? Maybe Morgan meant that he's blind "since his youth".
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Or, he's simply lying to avoid people like us asking too many questions.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

i no rite?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Redheim wrote:i no rite?
Yes, you're right.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

wow, see this is why i love suikoden, i almost forgot all about morgan (since i never used him, even though ive beaten S1 almost 14 times) and 4 games later they refer back to him, now that makes me want to beat S1 AGAIN and use him! woo!!!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Do eeet! NAO!

But you are so right. The major selling point for Suikoden for me is the correlating stories. <3
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Ok good cuz i was pretty confused
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.