The Tenkai Heroes' Mothers all dead

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

The Tenkai Heroes' Mothers all dead

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I have notice that humorously enough, in all 5 of the Suikoden games, all the Tenkai heroes, all of their moms are dead before heroes ever get their true runes. Its just kinda of funny, it (reminds me of Disney princesses or something) all the mothers are either dead by the time the main arcs of stories take off. 1 and 2 heroes moms are never mentioned, 3 and 4 heroes moms have a few flashbacks to the time of thier deaths, and 5 she dies early on, which is pivotal to the story, but she dies none the less..lol Just a funny observation that all!
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
JanusThePaladin

Re: The Tenkai Heroes' Mothers all dead

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Yes, its very disney movie-esque isnt it?
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

No, if Hugo is your Tenkai star in S3, his mom(Lucia) is still alive.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Black knight overlord wrote:No, if Hugo is your Tenkai star in S3, his mom(Lucia) is still alive.

Hugo is a Tensyo star, whether he the main hero (flame champion) or not, that fact does not change. i was rather specific in my point all Tenkai stars, and in 3 that is Thomas, and his mommy died before the start of the events in 3, as his flashbacks point out
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

We actually don't know anything about Riou's parents, he was an orphan. All we know is that Genkaku took him in.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

KFCrispy wrote:We actually don't know anything about Riou's parents, he was an orphan. All we know is that Genkaku took him in.
w3rd. His real parents could still be alive. .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

I always have this weird feeling that Riou is Tir's missing brother... Maybe because their clothes have the same style and they're both cute, I mean, they look like each other pretty much...LOL

I think it's just Konami's way to make the tenkais more...dramatic. Hell, people wants dramatic main characters! Almost every movie/book/game are like that...they have one characters who really needs a hug.

But, the probability that Riou's and Nanami's parents could still be alive give me the chills... what if...what if they're tenkai stars too that Murayama intended to make...*shivers*
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

no to rain on the party because the point is almost completly accurate. Thats true the mothers of the first 2 suikodens are never mentioned. And your right Thomas' mother did die sometime, but u said they die sometime before they get a rune. Thomas does not get any rune, i mean unless you're talking about one good ol Jeane can hook ya up with.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Belcoot4 wrote:no to rain on the party because the point is almost completly accurate. Thats true the mothers of the first 2 suikodens are never mentioned. And your right Thomas' mother did die sometime, but u said they die sometime before they get a rune. Thomas does not get any rune, i mean unless you're talking about one good ol Jeane can hook ya up with.

I think the gist of the main point, is that all the heroes have no mothers, by the time that the main arc of the story in each game begins, which is generally denoted by the Tenkai getting his special rune (Thomas not with standing). point still remains..Tenkai and Disney Princess Mom's have a high mortality rate, or simply they have no direct barring or existence on the lives of thier kids during the story..lol

Best Suiko FanFic:
Baron

Post by Baron »

Its kinda strange...
Die Pig!
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

It's less weird and more RPG cliche. Most main characters seem to be raised by a single parent or their parents experience some terrible end. It's just what happens to add drama to a story.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I want to see one without all this. Mix things up a little, ya?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well, you can extend it even further and say, with the exception of Hugo, all the main heroes mothers are dead. Chris' mother was dead, Geddoe's is most certainly as he's over 100 years old. Even Kyril's mom is dead.

Konami just doesn't like mothers.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Even Kyril's mom is dead.
Yohn died? I haven't actually beaten Tactics, so I don't know the specifics of the ending, just that she's his mom, and some other off-topic things.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Yohn is definitely not dead. She just (SPOILER)

Returned to her home dimension (/SPOILER)