Hellion

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Quing

Re: Hellion

Post by Quing »

Hm. I can honestly say that I had never thought about the possibility that Hellion is Viki before, but it's an interesting idea. I think it's a little unlikely due to the fact that Hellion seems to know what's going on and Viki doesn't. Still, little Viki likewise knew what was going on. Maybe Viki's simply undergoing a period of teenage identity crisis...

By the way, kudos for bringing the thread back to the topic.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Maybe the Blinking Mirror is a True Rune in a different form? Like the Star Dragon Sword is actually the Night Rune. Whos to say that maybe other True Runes we haven't seen yet could possibly be hidden in a different forms?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I've said that before, which is also partially supported by what Hellion says when she meets the hero, something along the lines of "i to bear the burden of a rune" or some such.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Yeah she says something like "I myself wield the power of a True Rune. Mine is the power of 'Recall'. That Souleater of yours has limitless possibilities but also evil intentions" so i think the Blinking Mirror is possibly a True Rune in object form.
JanusThePaladin

I agree. Thats always been my theory, but someone sometime told me i was full of it, so there's probably a good argument against it. If it is the True Blinking Rune or some such, its possible that Hellion is Viki when she gets older, as we know Viki can be in the same place twice at different ages and hold different stars. It holds together, but again, its nothing but conjecture. If i was bored I'd probably try to put more into it, but i'm to tired to be bored :(
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i believe you have to be born under a star in order to claim your right to it

which means that even if you time travel, you can't occupy a different star unless you get to reborn yourself or find a way to make a copy of yourself

now to have Viki occupy two different stars under the same time frame can be explained in two ways

1. Viki, small Viki, and theoretically Hellion, are three different people who's strongly associated with Blinking stuffs (rune/mirror)

cloning can explain the differences in personality and in stars

2. Viki, small Viki, and theoretically Hellion, are all incarnations, i can't say who came first, but one Viki can be the reincarnation of the other Viki born on a totally different star.

this also explains the difference in personality and legitimately explains why two Vikis are under different stars
JanusThePaladin

I do not remember where it was stated that you had to be born under the start to claim it, as the stars dont really play that big a role in the main arc of the story. Though you may be right. However, is it not possible to be born under more then one star? There are 108 of them, and they are in constant motion, i dont see how its impossible to have 2 or 3 stars in conjunction during ones birth.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

it was a conclusion drawn from the fact that recurring characters maintain their respective stars

Viki, Jeane, Lorelai, Apple
JanusThePaladin

True, but we have seen Viki occupy 2 different stars. So one of those 2 theories has to be true, but theres just assumption on yourside and actual evidence on my side...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Your evidence assumes that the two Vikis are one and the same. Like those other ones named, the elder Viki always assumes the same star whenever she appears.

Who knows if the other one is even the same person.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I'd rather know why a magical old lady is called Hellion.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

JanusThePaladin wrote:True, but we have seen Viki occupy 2 different stars. So one of those 2 theories has to be true, but theres just assumption on yourside and actual evidence on my side...
exactly, two different stars, two different personality

one can assume that the two are entirely different persons

but then he thinks of the things that are the same about them

which are mostly their clothes and their name, and/or biological features

but then he thinks that two different persons can wear same clothes, have same names, and/or same biological features (like hair, eyes)

so then that person can conclude that Viki and small Viki doesn't necessarily be the same person

but how? clones or reincarnation

hence my two theories that does not break the rule that a person cannot occupy two stars

then again, you just said that my rule was questionable

that rule was yet another conclusion made by me, so not exactly empirical right?

but at least it does make sense this way, at least for me ^_^
JanusThePaladin

I think it makes sense both ways, and one of us has to be right, but we dont know which. The point is though that the idea the Viki could hold another star is plausible as the only proof against it is a seperate theory.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i guess...

it's fun to speculate though ^_^
JanusThePaladin

I concur.