Female Demi-humans

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
G Zero

Re: Female Demi-humans

Post by G Zero »

I don't really think that humans mating with dogs, bats, and cats would create demi humans. In fact its not even possible scientificly to create offspring with a dog, bat, or cat. I would think that in the Suikoden World that those races are just like races in our own world.
"A cute young girl on the outside, and an ancient old crone on the inside!!! This vampire likes to eat her veggies. It's Sierra!!!"

"You, you shall pay dearly for that....."
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

G Zero wrote:I don't really think that humans mating with dogs, bats, and cats would create demi humans. In fact its not even possible scientificly to create offspring with a dog, bat, or cat. I would think that in the Suikoden World that those races are just like races in our own world.
-_-

Well due to this series being almost mythology based...

Id say if a bat demon raped a woman it would create offspring.

In our own world races come from Evolution
Suikoden's world is like 1000 years old according to Luc.
Not enough time to evolve.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'd like to point out that making a logical assumption on something not specified in any degree in a game based off mythology is, if you'll forgive me, bad logic.

As for the idea that ALL other races are halfbreeds, that would take ALOT of cross animal mating, which i dont see happening. Someone may get lonely and screw the pooch, but i dont see and entire race doing it. Unless somewhere theres a love spring? (Xanth anybody?)

I think more likely the other races are just that, races!
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Well, a little more and we will start talking about that Heroes-like logic about evolution, which I really think is questionable.
Getting back to the topic....

Female demi-humans i've seen so far:
SI: Sylvina.
SII: Susu.
SIII: Don't know as I haven't played yet. Although I know all the characters I don't remember seeing a full female DH.
SIV: Lilan, Lilen, Lilin, Lilon, Liloon, Selma, Paula.
SV: Urda.

If there's anyone else besides the citizens and these above please let me know.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

SV's Zunda is a female demi-human too, as are dwarves in SI or SV.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

ok, I tried to quote and it screwed up...so I had to make a new post, which is under this one.
Last edited by TrueWater00 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Vermillion.Twilight wrote:
patapi wrote:Half-breed = offspring of a mixed-species relationship.

Neither Bob nor Ernst fit that description. And we don't know enough about IV's Gau to decide either way.

I think Gau is Half Ape demon half Human.

Also if you think about it at all
You could assume that all the Demi Races Wingers,Kobalds etc.

Are races spawned from humans mating with other species.

Gau from S4 was strange too
He had fangs and such
Humans dont grow fangs.
Bob and Ernst are Not halflings, theyhave special Runes that allow them to transform into "beasts"

Gau is 100% Human, it states that "He lived his entire life alone in nature" so of course he is going to seem a bit barbaric. Gau would be in the same category as Hallec and FuSuLu, Strong, Barbaric Humans Wearing Animal "head dresses"

Also, I have seen many people in my life who had some jacked up teeth....looked just like fangs.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I'd like to point out that making a logical assumption on something not specified in any degree in a game based off mythology is, if you'll forgive me, bad logic.

As for the idea that ALL other races are halfbreeds, that would take ALOT of cross animal mating, which i dont see happening. Someone may get lonely and screw the pooch, but i dont see and entire race doing it. Unless somewhere theres a love spring? (Xanth anybody?)

I think more likely the other races are just that, races!
Well, to paraphrase George Macdonald, a fantasy and fairy tale writer who was a large influence on both Tolkien and Lewis: "When we create a world of fantasy we can either adhere to the conventions of science established in our own, or create new physics by which our fantasy world will be governed. Any physics not directly challenged by the fantasy will be assumed to remain the same as our own common world. However, be warned that anyone who violates their own, altered realm of physics will only confound the reader and prove his own foolishness." This is from one of the introductions he wrote to a collection of his works, I can't find the specific volume, sorry.

So, assuming that all other races are half-breeds is simply silly, as that is scientifically impossible and there is no fictional science created within Suikoden to support it. It is likely that they are all just other races. Remember that this is fictional, and having the creators explain something like that would just take time that I would think be better spent on character and plot development.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

so many terms in this thread are being thrown around crazy like.
a humanoid - any bipedal creature that exhibits human traits, without necessarily having any link to humanity.

a half breed = 1/2 race one, 1/2 race two. so for Example a liger is a halfbreed, being half lion and half tiger. There are no halfbreeds in suikoden. There isn't even any evidence of inter-species relationships, in fact the games as whole tend to go in quite the opposite fashion.

a halfling - a short humanoid, and depending on the particular world, they are either their own race of short people, or an isolated strain a human dna that developed independently from the rest of humanity and lost out on the tallness gene. halflings don't exist as of yet in the suikoden world

a demi-human literally means part human and implies a half breed with one parent being human, since half breeds aren't present however, there are no demi-humans either.

dwarves and elves are their own distinct races from humans, that happen to share in being humanoid in appearance

really this topic should about the presence non-human females in suikoden
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

I always would've liked to have seen some more female sub-human characters, that actually look distinctive and are recruitable. On the polar opposite side of it I'd like to see a merman as well, maybe even show an underwater-civilization?

On the side-topic of breeding, I personally believe most races were brought to the Suikoden world by the True Runes, kinda like the way the Dragon Rune lets dragons exist in the world.
But I have to admit that there might still exist a very slim chance to create new races through crossbreeding. Prime example; Kyril.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!