Zerase, A vampire?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Chaco

Re: Zerase, A vampire?

Post by Chaco »

I think she is pale because

1) She wears A LOT of clothes, robes and the like covering her whole body and

2) She never gets any sun
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

executorofbalance wrote:
GrayMercury wrote:If you put Nikea, Bernadette and Zerase in the bath together you get this interesting little scene about why Z's skin is so white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woapl6Re ... re=related
Highly unlikely.
There isn't even ONE mention of Sierra McCain in that game, plus the fact that just becuase she's pale doesn't say much. In SIII, when you play Luc's chapter, and you walk around Le Beque as Sarah, Edge says something along the lines of "You look pale, sister. You been eating?" Does that mean Sarah, too, is a vampire? I think not.
true that having pale skin does not entail being a vampire

but please do not isolate and focus on this fact alone

it is why this thread exist, to find other connections, evidence, hints that Zerase might be connected to the Vampires

so far it's been collected that
1. Zerase have pale skin
2. very anti social, blunt, and rude. resembles the Night Rune
3. an acquaintance of Leknaat, which means she is bound to have a connection with the True Runes

plus wouldn't it be nice to have an agent of the Night Rune, Moon Rune, or whatever rune of the night to have an influence in preserving the Sun Rune and reuniting its child runes?

Why do you think Zerase is so intent on finding the Dawn and Twilight rune?
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

She could be a vessel for the Star Rune, which is a one-of-its kind rune, only surpassed by the 27 True Runes. And... I remember something about the Star Rune being the overseer of the Dawn and Twillight Runes - this would also explain her desire to watch over them both.
Furthermore, the Star Rune is a fragment of the Night Rune. We have previously seen True Runes giving the heroes memories from past bearers, making the True Runes some what sentinent. As such, she proberbly says that the Night Rune is her father, since the Star Rune is a child of the Night Rune, and since the Star Rune is hosted by Zerase.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I know this may sound dumb, and very unlikely, but if that is true then is there any chance that Zerase is Sierra's daughter (and maybe Nash's as well)?...just putting that out there.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

know this may sound dumb, and very unlikely, but if that is true then is there any chance that Zerase is Sierra's daughter (and maybe Nash's as well)?...just putting that out there.
I know this may sound dumb, and very unlikely, but if that is true then is there any chance that Zerase is Sierra's daughter (and maybe Nash's as well)?...just putting that out there.
Suikoden 5 took place before Suikoden 1 and 2 did it not? So this is impossible, as they met right before S2 and after Suikoden 1 and there is also no offical word that Nash is married to Sireea, although it is highly likely they are. also she is way to old, I mean if they had a kid like that she wouldn't be that old yet, maybe early 20's, Zerase to me appears older, and acts older, maybe early 30's?

I came up with another one to, a lot of people were saying before that Zerase's Star Rune, which is the only one of it's kind, is a child rune of the Night Rune, or a child of the Blue Moon Rune. SO perhapes, because it's related to a rune like the Night Rune it gives her a sort of "pale vampiric" appearance.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Oh, didn't actually know when 5 was, but I know 4 was before number 1 ...I do however think your theory is possible...I'm like confused right now but do you think Sierra can be related at all?....in Suikoden 2 I remember right before you fight Sierra the villagers are talking about her while she is sleeping standning upwards about her skin being 'so pale'.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

now that you mentioned it, Sierra was a heavy day sleeper

now if it was only mentioned that Zerase was also a heavy day sleeper then there would be lesser arguement here

however it can also be argued that it may be possible that not all vampires are as "lazy" as Sierra (ie. Neclord)

if i were to draw a conclusion from this point, i would have to say that

Zerase may not be a vampire but it sure doesn't cut her connection with the vampires

She is outside the vampire circle but pretty close to it (my personal guess)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Oh, didn't actually know when 5 was, but I know 4 was before number 1 ...I do however think your theory is possible...I'm like confused right now but do you think Sierra can be related at all?....in Suikoden 2 I remember right before you fight Sierra the villagers are talking about her while she is sleeping standning upwards about her skin being 'so pale'.
I still don't think she is a vampire, her silly Star Rune might have a role to play in her being pale, however it's likely she just plain doesn't get any sun.
-Chaco
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

The order of the games is as follows:
Solis 302: Island Nations War (that's S4)
Solis 449: Sun Rune War (that's S5)
Solis 453: Gate Rune War (that's S1)
Solis 460: Dunan Unification War (that's S2)
Solis 475: Second Fire Bringer War (that's S3)

Sierra was born 390 years before the Solis calendar (that's about 740 years before S5), whereas Nash was born 439 - ten years before S5. Unless Sierra and Nash actually got together and had a kid, which I find unlikely, Nash would be no more than 9-10 years old... and as far as I know about human anatomy, it is impossible to become a father at that age, thus making the theory about Zerase being the daughter of Sierra and Nash unlikely.

As said earlier in this thread, it wouldn't seem very unlikely that the Night Rune would like to mix itself with the Sun Rune wars, since the Night Rune and the Sun Rune are "enemies." It could, of some tactical reason, also wish to preserve the Sun Rune in its current location. What does it do? Well, if it has bestowed the Star Rune upon Zerase, she could be some kind of avatar to the Night Rune, just running errands. As far as we know about the Night Rune, it has something to do with undeads. It provides them shelter, however, the Blue Moon Rune is the Rune of vampires... so, perhaps Zerase has some undead traits, but isn't really vampire.
In the clip on YouTube, they could as well hint towards undead as well as vampire, right?
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

although it was impossible for Nash and Sierra to get together in time to produce Zerase for Suikoden V

it still does not close the opportunity that Sierra may be Nash's "missus"

they could've hooked up sometime after Suikoden V (suikoden I - III)

just thought i'd clear that up
Mikain Clan King

Well maybe the star rune is a daughter rune of the sun or twilight rune, since you know...the sun is a star and everything...and maybe that attracts Zerase to it.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

For me, the best explanation the rune she bears...By wearing it, it's possible that it forces the body, and maybe the mind, to make some changes, like in appearance and personality (Just like the Beast Rune that drastically changes your body, and mind too in the case of lycantropes) And i can't recall correctly...Suikoden vampire que walk in broad daylight? If don't, she would join the party as a vampire barbecue.

Or she can just be some gothic girl with a fetish for runes x) Everything is possible...
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

As said earlier in this thread, it wouldn't seem very unlikely that the Night Rune would like to mix itself with the Sun Rune wars, since the Night Rune and the Sun Rune are "enemies." It could, of some tactical reason, also wish to preserve the Sun Rune in its current location. What does it do? Well, if it has bestowed the Star Rune upon Zerase, she could be some kind of avatar to the Night Rune, just running errands. As far as we know about the Night Rune, it has something to do with undeads. It provides them shelter, however, the Blue Moon Rune is the Rune of vampires... so, perhaps Zerase has some undead traits, but isn't really vampire.
In the clip on YouTube, they could as well hint towards undead as well as vampire, right?
I actually 100% agree with this, well done.
-Chaco
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

Hmm,....someone mentioned sarah in the thread earlier. I would like to clear that up for a moment.

When the person in Le Buque told her she looked pale, it was more like saying. "You look sick."
Keep in mind, she was using a lot of magic to cause those mass mirages and summoning monsters and the like. I'm sure that would drain her of energy and moreover, her 'youthful' glow. Causing her to look frail, and very weak.

moving on.....

Thinking back on it now, Neclord would be the one in possession of the Blue Moon rune at the time of this game. Wasn't that supposed to make the vampires need blood to live? and if that is the case, then obviously she couldn't be a vampire without some of the 108 randomly disappearing throughout the game.

The only way i can see for this theory to hold up would be the fact that she does have a rune with a close relation to the night rune, effectively stopping her hunger. Sierra held the blue moon rune for so long that it took over 400 years for her to feel the feeding need. Neclord was in possesion of it, which would probably knock his need to feed out.

Now i also read in the forums someone's theory about Zerase, Eresh, and Jeane maybe being ghosts of the Gate Rune Clan, or just Ghosts in general.........that could be a good start to explaining this silly little scene.

Anything listed here not probable?
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Let's not forget Zerse own words:

"Here to gaze at the stars as well? Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars" but I hardly deserve such a title. Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."

She is a very powerful magician and does have a mysterious past, but she is still just a fellow star at the end of the day.

Do i think she's vampire? no. A normal human who had a close encounter with the night/star rune, maybe. Some sort of incarnation created by the night rune for some purpose/ also possible i suppose. Who knows i don't konami will tell us, they prob want her character history to remain shrouded as it helps make her more mysterious and thus more interesting.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun