Lazlo is Alive [By possibilities]+Wooden amulet in SII

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
eternal_sins

Lazlo is Alive [By possibilities]+Wooden amulet in SII

Post by eternal_sins »

Just some doubt in my mind. .so i thought i will post this.
Maybe some people don't like Lazlo but I love him.
My reason/possiblities may seems not enough,
so there might ne some hole and argument. .
Quote1 wrote:Lazlo bore the curse well, and through his forgiveness of his wayward friend Snowe Vingerhut and the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny, the Rune finally shifted from the state of Atonement into Forgiveness, freeing himself from the curse and allowing to make full use of the Rune’s power at will.
Quote2 wrote:Although no word of him has spread to the foreign regions over a century and half after his adventure, it is believed that Lazlo still lives as the bearer the Rune of Punishment. According to Leknaat, should Lazlo ever give up the Rune, it would resume its cycle and once again consume the lives of whomever may come upon it.
Quote1+Quote2=Lazlo Alive!
In quote 1, having Lazlo to forgive his friend, Snowe, plus the power of 108 SoD, RoP will shift its role from Atonement to Forgiveness,
This end the curse of the RoP thus making Lazlo master the control of RoP.

In quote 2, it is BELIEVED that Lazlo is still alive. If Lazlo never give up the rune, this what you will get. .
The rune of Punishment will not revert back to its state of Atonement; the rune will not 'kill' Lazlo,
Lazlo will not age as the fact that True Rune has a power of agelessness; making Lazlo still alive even after 150 years,

You may ask me why 150 year later instead of 300 years later like Ted. Well the answer is in my next 'argument'.
NEXT!
Relisus wrote:Anyway, I know that when Suikoden II was made they prolly weren't even thinking about Hero IV and Suikoden IV but... Could the wooden amulet that Noah, Rene, and Rita be that same wooden amulet as the one you buy Pilika in Muse. Two reasons that lead me to think this is a possibility is..

1) The shop owner in Muse says he was holding the amulet as collateral for someone who has an overdue bill. It could very well be Hero IV.
2) Pilika says that there are fish and (something I can't remember, mermaids or stars) on the amulet. Now just the fish alone make me think of the Island Nations.

I know that both those reason are very loose but do you think it is a possibility that when they made Suikoden IV they remembered the wooden amulet in Suikoden II and tried to make another tie in?
Buff wrote:since the wooden amulet is made of wood,wood lasts a long time in the world so it could be possible.
If my possibilities of Lazlo is true, then it is possible that the owner of the wooden amulet is Lazlo!
Plus that wood last long time, its possible that Lazlo has been keeping the wooden amulet.
The question on when and how he get to Muse is not exactly something I would know.
But Lazlo must have gone to use and ask the shopkeeper to keep it. Why you ask me,
Its funny but maybe Lazlo need some potch. As for his reaction after finding out that the amulet is sold,
I don't know. Im sure Lazlo will find it someway somehow.

On the side note, this is what I thought of SVI;
You are going into a village and there's someone at the side of the entrance.
You approach him. . .
*Conversation start*
Lazlo:. . . . . . .
Hero: Will you join us?
Lazlo:. . . . . Im searching for something.
Hero: What is it?
Lazlo: Doesn't concern you. . . . .
*Close*
You talk to him again. .
*Conversation start*
Hero: Maybe I can hep you.
Hero: . . . . . . .
Lazlo:. . . A wooden amulet.
Hero: Any details?
*Close*
Lazlo walk into the village.
You do your business and somewhere somehow you found a wooden amulet.
You go to the village where you met Lazlo, He inside the inn. .
You show him the amulet. A scene trigger. He will join you. .
Of coz not as SoD. He join you like Mcdohl did in SII. A good character for final boss lol. . RoP!!

That lame. .but it is just for some amusement. . lolz
CHEERS!
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Lazlo is Alive [By possibilities]+Wooden amulet in SII

Post by patapi »

Two things to note here.

1. We know that Lazlo is well and alive after the Island Liberation War. He was available as an awesome addition to Kyril's band in Rhapsodia after all, provided that you meet all the necessary prerequisites.

2. Unlike McDohl, Lazlo is actually quite a moderately talkative Hero. Based on his Rhapsodia good will talks, you would see that he does not abuse "..." as much as the original main character, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

patapi wrote:Two things to note here.

1. We know that Lazlo is well and alive after the Island Liberation War. He was available as an awesome addition to Kyril's band in Rhapsodia after all, provided that you meet all the necessary prerequisites.

2. Unlike McDohl, Lazlo is actually quite a moderately talkative Hero. Based on his Rhapsodia good will talks, you would see that he does not abuse "..." as much as the original main character, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it.
Lolz. That clear my doubt then. LAZLO IS TALKATIVE! lolz. .
Maybe i will change the scene of HeroVI and Lazlo.. making Lazlo giving full detail nonstop. . lolz

I guess that really a big hole. . I never play Suikoden Tatic before as I don't really like tactic game. .
Pardon my sillyness on this argument.

On the side not, maybe i will play ST for the sake of Suikoden itself. .
Thank Patapi for replying!

Btw. . what is the special prerequisites?
How come its not update on the character list?
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
Geddoe 2099

Post by Geddoe 2099 »

Eternal, that whole concept is awesome. And like it was said, Lazlo was more of a talker, especially in Suikoden Tactics, heh. Lazlo's character can definitely be a a returning hero with more depth, if they utilize the at least, same level talking he did on Suikoden Tactics.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Judging from what you post, Lazlo must be a good character in Rhapsodia and very. . very talkative. .
I guess my concept of Lazlo is alive is cleared. .
quite dissappointing to find out that I don't know Lazlo was really alive. . Lolz but that OKAY!

That leave the wooden amulet. . hmm. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I wouldn't say "very, very" talkative like Nao or Rita, for example, but there is definitely a difference over near silent ones like Humphrey or McDohl.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

eternal_sins wrote:That leave the wooden amulet. . hmm. .
there is nothing significant between Lazlo and Pilika's wooden amulet. Lazlo wasn't even conceptualized when Suikoden II was being designed. sure they can go back and say something to that degree but it would be extremely random for them to connect it that way and there is no point.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Besides, I doubt the one Rita, Noah, and Rene made is the only wooden amulet in existence. I'm sure others have made them as well, especially if 3 preteen girls could figure it out.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

but of course, i mean Wooden Amulets are common trade items.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

KFCrispy wrote:
eternal_sins wrote:That leave the wooden amulet. . hmm. .
there is nothing significant between Lazlo and Pilika's wooden amulet. Lazlo wasn't even conceptualized when Suikoden II was being designed. sure they can go back and say something to that degree but it would be extremely random for them to connect it that way and there is no point.
Thinking back, I supposed we could seek why it had to a "wooden amulet" of all items. If it's so common that it is a commodity for trading, then why would those three girls went out of their way to prepare such a common item as their gift to the leader. Why "wooden amulet" anyway?

No doubt that Suikoden IV in its entirety was conceptualised long after Suikoden II's debut, but supposed that the development team could have selected the item to be a throwback to the equally insignificant plot device used in an earlier game (production-wise, not canon-wise), then there is still that possibility.

Or, more likely, it's just no more than a reference. We have other significant (and insignificant) references as Easter Eggs embedded throughout each of the series, so this seemingly-common-but-used-as-plot-device "wooden amulet" might just be one of them.

Or, not.

No official word, hence we cannot say for sure.