The mystery of Edge

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
abs

Re: The mystery of Edge

Post by abs »

perhaps Viktor and annabele hid the fact thaey had sons becasue of what will happen if ever someone finds out

and about the sister, its possible that annabele and viktor made someone raise edge insted of them doing it.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

and if you roll that factor in together with the original speculation...

you'd find that the speculative part outweighs the part that fits

to sum it all up, there's too much 'what if' to even make this speculation a possibility
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

Mio wrote:and if you roll that factor in together with the original speculation...

you'd find that the speculative part outweighs the part that fits

to sum it all up, there's too much 'what if' to even make this speculation a possibility

I disagree completely. No one ever showed me proof that Edge has a sister. If and when someone does, I'll reconsider the speculation.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php?title=Edge

Red the allmightey Gensopedia to see that Edge has a sister. But it's unknown if they are related by blood. But this whole topic seems rather like fanboy-speculation. Even though it is possible that Viktor and Anabelle came "closer", i think her pregnancy would have been noticed as she was Muses Vice-Mayer/she became the Mayor herself.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

like i said

there's too much speculation going on

lesser parts that fits

makes it rather too much to believe
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

Antimatzist wrote:http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php?title=Edge

Red the allmightey Gensopedia to see that Edge has a sister. But it's unknown if they are related by blood. But this whole topic seems rather like fanboy-speculation. Even though it is possible that Viktor and Anabelle came "closer", i think her pregnancy would have been noticed as she was Muses Vice-Mayer/she became the Mayor herself.

Well, thanks for finally giving proof! But as you said, it is unknown if they are related by blood, and you don't have to be seen to be a leader. Many leaders do their work in privacy. She didn't have to be out and about during her pregnancy.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

oh really?? going into seclusion while running an office?

let's not worry about the daily travel to the office where the citizens of Muse can easily spot her big tum-tum

nor the every day encounter with city hall officials which as the game has indicated was right across Annabelle's office

oh and about Fitcher, Jess, and Hauser, let us assume they're in this together with Annabelle

that won't add too much speculation I'm sure

what's really there to worry about is that Annabelle pulled it off more than once

splendid work, i must say, they should have a Rune of Hiding Single Mommy's Big Tummy

-Sarcasm Off-
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mio's right.

She can't hide herself for about a year. SOMEone had to see her. And I don't think Jess, Fitcher or Hauser have vowed to never say anything about Anabells little secret. That is way too constructed.

Even though there is a chance that you're right,executer, it's very low loke 0,000001%.
Genoh

Post by Genoh »

If Edge was born 3 years before the events of Suikoden II, then wouldn't Viktor be in Toran at the time? Granted, he went missing shortly after the events of Toran Liberation War, so there MAY have been time for him to go back to Muse, and have a relationship with Annabell. Though didn't he and Flik travel through the badlands (the area where the former Koolouk empire was?)

The fact that Viktor gave Edge his sword doesn't mean much really. He offered it to Kahn Marley in Suikoden II. Not to mention he stashed it in the Cave of Wind for who knows how long.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

yah :rolleyes: Kahn Marley the great vampire hunter and Edge are at par with each other

that Star Dragon Sword sure doesn't mean much to Viktor

prolly why he hid it in a sealed cavern instead of selling it off to some travelling merchant huh?

-Sarcasm Off-
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess Viktor wanted that no one will ever find this sword again. It pissed him off, I guess.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Genoh wrote:If Edge was born 3 years before the events of Suikoden II, then wouldn't Viktor be in Toran at the time? Granted, he went missing shortly after the events of Toran Liberation War, so there MAY have been time for him to go back to Muse, and have a relationship with Annabell. Though didn't he and Flik travel through the badlands (the area where the former Koolouk empire was?)

The fact that Viktor gave Edge his sword doesn't mean much really. He offered it to Kahn Marley in Suikoden II. Not to mention he stashed it in the Cave of Wind for who knows how long.
Viktor most likely only gave Edge the sword to get rid of it. He and the sword bickered like an old married couple. It seemed like the sword got along with Edge in S3 a lot better then with Viktor.

After the events of the Toran Liberation War, Vikor and Flik traveled north towards the City States of Jowston through the badlands (the area where the epic magic battle between Crowley and Mazus took place) not Kooluk, that's to the south.

It seems to me that executorofbalance is trying too hard to believe that Viktor is Edge's father. There's simply too much evidence against it.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Crowley Reborn

Post by Crowley Reborn »

Has nobody realized that Edge looks WAY more like flik than he looks like viktor? I always thought he might have been Flik's kid and Viktor raised him or found him or somethin crazy.
On the topic of speculation...
perhaps Odessa dies saving that kid because that's her kid--edge. O.o crazy, right?
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

We have all ready ruled out the fact that edge is viktors son, but that would be insane if it was fliks son, that is something konami would do, i mean i know viktor would give that sword to the first person that asked, but its the damn Night rune, edge Has to be somebody important. We know flik loves odessa uncondionally, but im pretty sure he would know if he had a son...and remember, the star dragon sword didnt HAVE to go with edge, i mean its the damn night rune! so even the sword must have seen something in edge..
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

I could believe it being Flik and Odessa's kid before Viktor and Annabelle.

He did remind me of Flik when I first saw him.

The timeline of it being Viktors kid just doesnt fit, but I could see it being Odessa's kid because he was born the same year as S1 ended. Maybe he was ophaned or something because of Flik and Odessa's "profession".
MAD 01-08-2004