The mystery of Edge

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
executorofbalance

The mystery of Edge

Post by executorofbalance »

I seriously think I'm not getting enough credit for this speculation.

Evidence: Edge says the star dragon sword is given to him by someone very special...so who is that someone special...? Obviously Viktor! I mean, who else had it? Viktor had it in Suikoden I & II in order to defeat Neclord. So, how does the star dragon sword end up with Edge? Perhaps it was given to him...by his FATHER! Viktor and Lady Anabelle do seem to have some prior relationship in Suikoden II. When Jowy goes to kill Anabelle, she asks him to wait untill she's finished her drink, saying it was from someone special...Who is this someone special? Well, Viktor was drinking with her shortly before that, so Viktor is special to her.
Edge was born 3 years before the Dunan Unification War. He was obviously elsewhere during Suikoden II. Also, Edge and Anabelle have the same color hair, and Edge somehow obtains the Star Dragon Sword. So somewhere during the time between Suikoden II & III, Viktor gives his sword to his son.
So, in conclusion, I strongly specualte that Viktor and Anabelle are Edge's parents.

The evidence is compelling, and I can't seem any evidence to the contrary, however, if anyone has any evidence against this, please let me know.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
executorofbalance

Re: The mystery of Edge

*seem to find any
Geddoe 2099

Post by Geddoe 2099 »

I can agree to that. The interesting thing is this-- did Edge know Viktor was his father or not?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

We already know where Edge came from and how he got the sword. Your version isn't even close.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

...haha, I'm going to pretend that my previous post never existed and lock this one.
Purr.
executorofbalance

Raww Le Klueze wrote:We already know where Edge came from and how he got the sword. Your version isn't even close.

Explain, pl0x.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the bio has no mention of Edge's family or anything, it just says how he met Viktor and Flik when they came to rescue his town from vampires. since it IS the video game world, anything can be revealed. however, Konami likes to keep small mysterious details as "unknown".
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

KFCrispy wrote:the bio has no mention of Edge's family or anything, it just says how he met Viktor and Flik when they came to rescue his town from vampires. since it IS the video game world, anything can be revealed. however, Konami likes to keep small mysterious details as "unknown".

Well, actually the bio says they go to rescue Edge's older sister. I did some research on this and by the time line, Edge was born three years prior to the Dunan Unification War, the same year the Gate Rune War ended. So unless Victor worked fast, or knew Annabelle before the war, which is very likely, he'd still have to find Annabelle, get her pregnant and Edge be born that same year.

Judging by the conversation they had while drinking the wine, seems like whatever relationship they had was strictly platonic with maybe that mutual attraction between them. But Victor stating she was a high born lady and couldn't be seen with someone like him made me feel they had never had a romantic relationship.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

:D I like your theory. But I doubt that Viktor even had a kid with Anabelle
Nick Bruiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

based on the conversation, it doesn't seem like they ever hooked up. :P
executorofbalance

KFCrispy wrote:based on the conversation, it doesn't seem like they ever hooked up. :P

they flirted with eachother, appear to already know eachother, and get drunk together.
I've read a lot of biographies and not once have i ever come across that. Link?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well Viktor was talking in a fashion that he wished they could have been together, something like that. fleeting.
executorofbalance

yeah, but Viktor gives her that wine. And when Jowy comes to kill her, she asks him to wait untill she finishes it because it was givin to her by someone special.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

In Suikoden 2 Viktor apparently goes to see Sierra with a bottle of wine when he's lonely aswell.. Sierra says it in the comment box about how it feels living with humans.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

talk about digging a thread

the speculation fits

whether Viktor and Annabelle did or did not have a relationship is purely subjective

but we all agree the two have a special something between them

offsprings can sprout with or without relationship

and by far no one had said anything solid or decent to refute this speculation

however, what about the sister?

Viktor and Annabelle never hit it off as a couple but managed to have two kids?

that's pretty alarming and quite a scandal for a public figure in Muse

either Annabelle got away with that, or this speculation ain't true