Runaway clothing

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
sunstar25

Runaway clothing

Post by sunstar25 »

When Frey, Lyon, Georg and Sialeeds had to flee the Sun Palace and take refuge at the East Palace. We notice that they ditched their original clothing and disguised themselves in peasant clothing. There's reason to believe that the people at the East Palace burned the clothes to remove any evidence that the exiled royals were ever there.

When they reached Rainwall, they get their original clothes back (except Georg). Barows would have enough resources to furnish the clothing in every detail.

There's plenty of theories as to how Euram got the exact specifications of the Prince's battle costume for Roy to use. Euram wouldn't be the type to have a photographic memory. Also, the three-sectional staff is a very difficult weapon to master. There's no way anybody can master it overnight. Roy probably already knew how to use it; it probably just got painted red along with the black flame design.
Quing

Re: Runaway clothing

Post by Quing »

I'm going to first express the thought that we don't know that everyone ditched their costumes to wear the peasant clothing. They could have simply taken it with them. It wouldn't have made travel as easy, but it would have allowed them to get their clothing back quicker. Now on to Euram's acquisition of the Prince's clothing design. First, one has to remember that the Prince goes into battle with these clothes all the time. Furthermore, he also wanders about the world wearing these into all sorts of towns. His clothing is well-known by the time Euram gets Roy to work for him. That being the case, I think that finding a tailor who could do a decent recreation of the Prince's clothing would be easy. Indeed, I think that access to tailors is exactly the sort of asset that Euram is likely to have.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm pretty sure they kept their original clothes. there is one line from Sialeeds along the lines of "it's good to be back in my ____". you wouldn't say that if you got new clothes that looked like your old ones.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I thought it was odd that Lyon put her Queen's Knight Apprentice uniform back on, since Georg completely ditched his uniform. Then again, Kyle, Miakis, and Galleon kept thier uniforms, too. Is it actually armor?

The thing I always wondered was if the Prince's peasant clothes was the only reference to previous Suikodens (seeing him in that Tir get-up was great the first time). Were Lyon or Sialeeds wearing any flashback outfits? I didn't recgonize them.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Were Lyon or Sialeeds wearing any flashback outfits? I didn't recgonize them.
No, their outfits were new.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I thought so. They sure missed a great opportunity there, though; Lyon would look adorable dressed as Nanami.

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

How about Georg dressed up like Scotolhiem Rienbach III
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Sialeeds dressed as Windy! Or Gremio.

Kyle dressed as Viktor was awesome, though.

Georg = Batman?
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Crowetron wrote:Sialeeds dressed as Windy! Or Gremio.

Kyle dressed as Viktor was awesome, though.

Kyle drssed in Viktor's get-up sent me laughing into space....

And I kinda find it funny how all the capes these people wear look really stiff........mmph.....must be the graphics.......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Kyle was wearing Victor's outfit? When?
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Palmguy wrote:Kyle was wearing Victor's outfit? When?
I think it was when they went to Lelcar to meet with Wasil.......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D