WINDY!!!

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
JanusThePaladin

Re: WINDY!!!

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I do try. However, i think we will not agree on using someone elses love for personal gain being evil or not. I personally think its morally reprehensible, and in my mind they are the same thing.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I do try. However, i think we will not agree on using someone elses love for personal gain being evil or not. I personally think its morally reprehensible, and in my mind they are the same thing.
I cannot disagree with this comment either though, if we are debating if she is evil and we both have a differnct opinion over what evil is then it's hard for us to argue if she is or not. I do feel using someone who loves you is morally reprehensible and something a person should not do, but I cannot say it's evil, more like Human Nature. Some people are just bad in that way. Would you call someone who steals from thier company "evil" or just Morally Confused? Or both...? I don't find either of these two acts right though, let's just make that clear, however it's the word Evil being used to describe any wrong doing/bad act that throws me off.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

I dont consider stealing to be morally reprehensible, simply illegal and irresponsible. There is a different between messing with ones money and messing with ones heart. Its much easier to fix financial issues than it is to repair your heart.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hey uh so umm, let's steer clear from debating about the gray areas of life

let's go back to Windy

it is without a doubt that she committed bad things

anyone who would say otherwise is a hypocrite

what i meant by being misunderstood is that

if Windy is different from the genocidal warpaths of Luca, Cray, Luc, Marscal

if Windy is somehow acting on a different motivation other than warlust

if that is even a possibilty at all

it's possible that Windy can reappear, and possible as an SoD trying to atone for her sins
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

well I think its revenge that she never was able to let go of.
Leknaat probably could have ended up the same way and Windy probably could have ended up more like Leknaat.
but there were probably plenty of things that caused Windy's lust for revenge to grow and manifest
itself into what it is now. deep down she probably is still really hurt by what happened in her past
but centuries of hatered and the need for revenge? that's not going to go away easily.

so I would't say she is like someone like Luca but I do think she's lost whatever good she may have had in her.
i mean way back when the gate clan was smashed surely she was on the same side as her sister, they just handled
things differently.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

it's possible that Windy can reappear, and possible as an SoD trying to atone for her sins
This is exactly what I thought you meant, I mentioned the Misunderstood Evil as being not the type of evil I saw in Luca Blight. It's that she wasn't evil for the purpose of doing evil, she had deeper intentions. althogh I wouldn't categorize Luc as that sort of evil either, since I feel he was quite misunderstood as well. But Marscal, Cray, Luca and Childrich are all insane, geonicidal villians whos only real purpose seemed to be power, or killing cuz of bloodlust.
-Chaco
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Chaco wrote:

This is exactly what I thought you meant, I mentioned the Misunderstood Evil as being not the type of evil I saw in Luca Blight. It's that she wasn't evil for the purpose of doing evil, she had deeper intentions. althogh I wouldn't categorize Luc as that sort of evil either, since I feel he was quite misunderstood as well. But Marscal, Cray, Luca and Childrich are all insane, geonicidal villians whos only real purpose seemed to be power, or killing cuz of bloodlust.
I disagree. Marscal and Cray are definitely not insane. Rather, both of these two individuals were extremely cunning and intelligent in regards to what they were doing. Cray's working with Silverburg to orchestrate the destruction of the Tree was nothing short of genius.

And this might be leading off topic, but I always viewed Cray's true goal to be one that he and Elanor worked together on: The destruction of the Tree and the Unification of the Island Nations to better serve as a counterbalance for the power of Kooluk. The entire blowing up villages thing was just a way to get that all started. And while his actions were definitely not good in the general use of the term, it accomplished the deeds he set out to do, and that by providing himself as a "villain" of sort, the people of the Islands had a reason to band together.

This serves as a large difference to Windy, who seemed much more intent upon grabbing power for the sake of Power, rather than for an ideal such as unity.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Cray's personality did kind of seem to be lead on as insane though, but looking deep in it like that for the reasons he did the stuff he did makes me have to agree with you...the stitches on his head didn't help portray a nice sane gentle villian (kind of like most of the enemy strategist who are fighting for what they believe rather than the sake of killing).

Do you think he can compare to Luc for his cause?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

How do you fall from a seven story building, in a guy's arms, and not die? Can she fly or something?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
JanusThePaladin

I would say she probably opened a hole in the fabric of space-time and moved to another dimension. With that said, its possible that because she only has half of the Gate Rune, she cant get out of wherever she is.

Also, A wizard did it.

Edited by Chris_Lightfellow: Suikoden Tierkris should not be discussed outside of the appropriate boards.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I disagree. Marscal and Cray are definitely not insane. Rather, both of these two individuals were extremely cunning and intelligent in regards to what they were doing. Cray's working with Silverburg to orchestrate the destruction of the Tree was nothing short of genius.
It's true Cray was intelligent and clever, but that doesn't mean he is not insane.
I would say she probably opened a hole in the fabric of space-time and moved to another dimension. With that said, its possible that because she only has half of the Gate Rune, she cant get out of wherever she is.

Also, A wizard did it.
Windy did survive, that's all we really know. In terms of how, perhapes she was badly wounded and this is why thus far she hasn't shown up to do anything evil or sinister, she is recovering from the long fall.

There are many reasons why she could have survived, such as using magic to quickly teleport herself somehow, or using the gate rune in ways we didn't know she could.

It's kind of irrelevant, the point is she is very much alive.

Cray's personality did kind of seem to be lead on as insane though, but looking deep in it like that for the reasons he did the stuff he did makes me have to agree with you...the stitches on his head didn't help portray a nice sane gentle villian (kind of like most of the enemy strategist who are fighting for what they believe rather than the sake of killing).

Do you think he can compare to Luc for his cause?
Yes I suppose he and Cray are alike in the sense that they were not doing what they were doing for the sake of killing but for deeper causes.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

...I figure she just pushed Barbarossa in front of her when they landed.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Mikain Clan King wrote:...I figure she just pushed Barbarossa in front of her when they landed.
Logical.

Anyway, we dont actually know that she is alive. The only thing we know for sure is that she might not have died. It seems to me her body was never recovered. That could mean anything from still alive, to abducted by windy worshipers hoping to use necromancy to bring her back to live, to the same worshipers being necrophiliacs. We simply dont know.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah her official status is MIA.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

After reading 2 pages of this thread, I got lazy -_-" So, I'd just like to say what I think happened to Windy GAMEWISE rather than PLOTWISE.

In the end of the game, she mentioned having a Black Rune over Barbarossa that did not work due to the Sovereign Rune's immunity to rune magic (Ironic how many of us killed him with runes >_>). Windy then cried out that the only reason Barbarossa "loved" her was that she resembled his past wife, whereas Barb then tries to explain that he really loved Windy for who she was.

I'm pretty sure that Windy did love Barbarossa =/ and vice-versa. As for their status now, they're MIA. They could be living happily ever after for all we know :]

It'd be nice to see Windy again, maybe not as an evil boss but one showing her good side. But we can't really tell if Windy is pure evil or not since Suiko has many plotholes in the storyline. We see Windy as an evil lady trying to take over the world but by the end, we see her soft side as she talks about love? Love and World Ruler... 2 different concepts =/