WINDY!!!

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Chaco

WINDY!!!

Post by Chaco »

I was just thinking about something. WINDY!!

Windy fell from the Floating Garden in Suikoden 1 and vanished, She and her rune :shock:

So I was two theories about this.

1) She is still alive and is plotting something truly EVIL someplace.

2) Windy died and Leknaat quickly took the other half of the rune and combined it with her own. However if she did this she would have had to do it quite sometime later since in Suikoden 2 she said something about being the keeper of the Back Gate Rune.

(Also what happened to the Dragon King Sword since it went missing to?)
Nothing much just something I thought was strange....
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Pollensalta

Re: WINDY!!!

Post by Pollensalta »

already been stated by Konami that she's MIA, not dead. same with Barbarossa.
Purr.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

OH that was embarresing. I didn't know :oops:
-Chaco
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I was kind of disappointed that there was no boss fight with Windy. Ever since Windy revealed herself to Ted, I was expecting her to be the last boss or something.

If she does come back in a future installment or actually make her into a boss if Konami ever plans on remaking the first game. I would like to see how powerful she truly is.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I was kind of disappointed that there was no boss fight with Windy. Ever since Windy revealed herself to Ted, I was expecting her to be the last boss or something.

If she does come back in a future installment or actually make her into a boss if Konami ever plans on remaking the first game. I would like to see how powerful she truly is.

Yeah, I agree. Windy would be an awesome!! She is so EVIL I can't see her just vanishing and never coming back.
-Chaco
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

isn't there a topic already about windy?
Sm0k3

Post by Sm0k3 »

Pollensalta wrote:already been stated by Konami that she's MIA, not dead. same with Barbarossa.
When did Konami state this?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

could have been in their character guide that came out after Suikoden II or III... but we'll have to wait for someone with knowledge of the japanese sources.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

The important thing is that she is alive meaning she could come back! Now the question is when?
-Chaco
gershon3812

Post by gershon3812 »

I think Windy is still alive. remember she can vanish or teleport when she want to go a place.

Barbarossa cant do it. maybe when Barbarossa jumped with Windy in his hands, Windy vanished and only Barbarossa fell.

that's why Milich only guard the graves of Barbarossa and Claudia.

the moment Barbarossa has a grave, he is really dead. if Windy died the fall, maybe Milich would also guarding her grave.

I can feel that Konami might create a game where Windy is the main antagonist with a scheme to get all 27 True Runes and has series of servants and an army.

that would be Suikoden 6 or above.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I would not want to see her as the MAIN antagonist but she would definitly need to make an apperance again.
-Chaco
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

the moment Barbarossa has a grave, he is really dead.
He could have a grave and not be in it.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
the moment Barbarossa has a grave, he is really dead.
He could have a grave and not be in it.
A good point, since the easiest way to sell the "I'm dead, leave me alone" thing is an empty grave, especially if you know it will be protected and never dug up. Hell, Barbarossa could have even asked Milich personally to guard the grave; we don't know!

Still, I kind of hope Barbarossa is dead. Why? Because I think the Sovereign Rune would be great rune for a future Tenkai Star, no?

Anyway, they built up so much with Windy, that it makes no real sense they would leave it be without so much as a single boss fight. Think of the chaos if more Black Runes started showing up! Or, if Windy would up on the hero's side at some point in the future. Luca is very dead, and Neclord better be frickin' dead, but Windy still has was too much untapped potential to be a throw-away villian.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

i think she realized that there is no point in having revenge on harmonia when she embraced barbarossa or she was the one who was embraced by him (whatever).

leknaat did not even show up when the battle was over and had their speeches, she should have asked for the front rune gate before they jumped if, that is IF, windy is going to die.
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

You guys keep talking about this whole build up, but no boss fight. I dont know about you guys, but i always felt that Suikoden was more about STORY than fighting. And in a story sense, for Barbarossa to embrace Windy, whom he dedicated the remainder of his life to, and jump from the floating garden makes a lot more sense, and give the story more poignancy.

Just thought i'd point that out.

As i remember, which may no be correctly, but they officially changed Windy's status from dead after s1, to MIA in S3. I would suppose this has to do with the change of leadership of the production team. But the fact that they changed her status would lead me to logically assume that she will reappear in a Suikoden that takes place after 3, or at least between 2 and 3.