Funeral (Major Spoilers)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
sunstar25

Funeral (Major Spoilers)

Post by sunstar25 »

There was never any mention for a funeral for Arshtat in the game. My guess is this event probably occurred while Freyjadour, Lyon, Georg, and Sialeeds were fleeing to Rainwall. Afterall, by the looks of the landmass it would actually take a couple of days to get across in real time.

In order for Godwin's coverup to work, they probably provided an empty, flag-draped casket for Ferid with the lid closed. As for Arshtat's, I wouldn't be surprised if Godwin denied viewing.

Would have been helpful if Gizel said: "I'm sorry I couldn't invite you to the coronation ceremony or to your mother's funeral. I'm sure you'd understand, considering the circumstances.."
Iku

Re: Funeral (Major Spoilers)

Post by Iku »

doesnt gizel say that they cant make lymlesia queen yet due to an official mourning period, perhaps thats when the funeral was?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Looking at how Nanami was never given the "funeral" treatment despite her "death" in Suikoden II, this treatment of Arshtat's death is hardly a surprise.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

sunstar25 wrote:There was never any mention for a funeral for Arshtat in the game. My guess is this event probably occurred while Freyjadour, Lyon, Georg, and Sialeeds were fleeing to Rainwall. Afterall, by the looks of the landmass it would actually take a couple of days to get across in real time.

In order for Godwin's coverup to work, they probably provided an empty, flag-draped casket for Ferid with the lid closed. As for Arshtat's, I wouldn't be surprised if Godwin denied viewing.

Would have been helpful if Gizel said: "I'm sorry I couldn't invite you to the coronation ceremony or to your mother's funeral. I'm sure you'd understand, considering the circumstances.."
I hope it would be a closed casket for Ferid. Because his body was vaporized by the Sun Rune, or people wouldn't believe he was even killed with an empty casket and all. I wonder if anyone got suspicious about that anyways.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I hope it would be a closed casket for Ferid. Because his body was vaporized by the Sun Rune, or people wouldn't believe he was even killed with an empty casket and all. I wonder if anyone got suspicious about that anyways.
Actually, I would think in Ferid's case there were enough credible witnesses amongst the Queen's Knights that it'd be easily believed. That and the fact that I'm sure the kind of leader Ferid was he would've taken an active role in the rebellion to regain the kingdom--and most of the citizens would've thought so too.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Galleon was the only credible witness. Miakis was perhaps too much in shock to even notice that Ferid was missing. Undoubtedly, Frey would've asked Miakis about his father and she wouldn't provide an immediate answer. Georg seemed to refuse to answer any and all questions regarding the incident.

Afterwards, Georg probably explained to Galleon about what he did and why. That he has fulfilled his promise to Ferid and now he must fulfill another promise. Besides, Galleon was standing too far away when the queen spoke her last words to Georg. Miakis was standing by the doors in shock and was also too far away to hear anything.

Galleon would be the type to be reluctant to leave Arshtat's body but he knows he had to get to Lymsleia while Georg made his way to Freyjadour. Probably posted some of the guards to protect the dead queen.