Yuber and Pesmerga - Overhyped

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Falenan_descent

Yuber and Pesmerga - Overhyped

Post by Falenan_descent »

You know, I don't believe any of this Yuber/Pesmerga Hogwash. (Yes, I just used Hogwash.) I think they're overhyped characters that aren't all that important. If you look at the recent effects of runes on people, we know that runes can make you go crazy. Right? Well, Yuber has the Eightfold rune. What if that just makes him crazy? Notice that Yuber and Pesmerga both wear the same knight's outfit. What if they're just from an order of knights and Yuber one day found this magical Eightfold Rune that made him go psycho. And, now Pesmerga is out to bring him down.

And yeah, I know Yuber is thought to be "summoned". Well, its entirely feasable that Yuber can still be summoned due to the Eightfold rune. It may have certain effects we're unaware of. I'm pretty sure, though. That wherever Yuber and Pesmerga are from...they're part of an order of Knights that protect that realm.

Discuss kthnx.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Yuber and Pesmerga - Overhyped

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Interesting theory, and all it takes to make it work is disregard everything said about them and all staff members comments about their conflict ending meaning the end of the series.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Falenan_descent

I've never seen anything official by Konami about them. All I've ever heard is theories and such. So, unless someone can give me the facts then I'll believe my theory. And, as a note: If Konami officially stated something then why is it not in the character section on this site? For a fact, Yuber and Pesmerga's character pages say nothing about Dharma and Chaos and this ultimate final conclusion between the two. It just says that Pesmerga shows up when Yuber is around and that Yuber appears during great conflict and that he has the Eightfold Rune.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You can believe that pigs are green and have wings for all I care, but when Murayama says that their conflict can't be resolved till the final installment and Junko Kawano confirms that this is still the case then it's just plain stupid to say that they don't have any importance.

And why would it be in their profiles, it's not character information. Just like it doesn't mention that Yuber means Shade, it's nothing related to his game information. Konami have never said that they embody Order and Chaos, only that the conflict won't end till the series does.

Which brings us to point of why you haven't seen anything from Konami staff, you probably don't know Japanese.
Falenan_descent

にほんごがはなします。

Lol. Not really. But seriously. It's way too hyped up. And just because their story can't be resolved until the final Suikoden doesn't mean anything to me. It could just be that they want Pesmerga and Yuber to be recurring characters because Yuber is an easy plot mechanism. They throw him into major wars. And, since it ties together nicely with other games...it's a GOOD plot mechanism. And, so, if they finished their storyline before then they'd be out an SoD or two or a plot-twist.

Konami constantly recycles ideas. And just because Murayama says it doesn't mean anything because Murayama no longer handles anything with Suikoden anymore. And, just because Kawano confirms that that was still the case ALSO doesn't mean anything. The reason Murayama left is because Murayama's envision was different than everyone else's. It may be slightly similar but I'd highly doubt it if Kawano kept the same plot. And EVEN if they did it still doesn't mean that it's entirely all that great. It's just "Fanwank" as someone had stated, in my opinion.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Like I said, it works if you disregard everything ever said about them which is what you're trying to justify now.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the same can be said for anything in the game series, but we don't bet on it. for example, someone may decide to change it to 100 True Runes one day, but why the heck should we start talking about a 100 true rune idea unless it's actually been stated by the developers.. it's been stated that the Pesmerga/Yuber conflict will be the end of the series, so it's highly likely going to stay that way unless there is an official update.
Night

Post by Night »

KFCrispy wrote:the same can be said for anything in the game series, but we don't bet on it. for example, someone may decide to change it to 100 True Runes one day, but why the heck should we start talking about a 100 true rune idea unless it's actually been stated by the developers.. it's been stated that the Pesmerga/Yuber conflict will be the end of the series, so it's highly likely going to stay that way unless there is an official update.
Can I just get this clarified? Was it said that their conflict would '...the end of the series,' or at the end of the series? The first option makes it sound like the conflict will be a defining factor in the final game, whereas the second could mean that they're just going to leave that particular storyline running until the very end.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

their conflict will be resolved in the last game of the series. no more information than that..
Night

Post by Night »

Ah that's cool. So is there still a possibility that their conflict won't be part of the overall Suikoden storyline. Unlikely, but still a chance.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

I highly doubt that Pesmerga will ever be the Tenkai Star in a Suikoden game, but...

The Suikoden developers seem to be fans of creating big secrets, but are somewhat inconsistent in their execution. Although Jeane was hyped a lot by Suikoden fans, I brushed it off as some crazy Japanese fan-service thing...until Suikoden V, when her dialogue with Zerase made me reconsider my stance on her importance. The question is: did they have her "big secret" planned from the start, or did they make it up as they went along? Did they have to give her a bigger role because she started popping up in the timeline in ways that didn't make sense (unlike Viki)?

Past inconsistencies in the game make me question how much staff members have thought through character development. Yuber and Pesmerga have been missing from the past few games, and you have to wonder why. Are they being dropped in favor of more interesting storylines? Are Suikoden games shifting towards a reality less-directed by god-like characters?

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the developers haven't provided any evidence to the contrary... Personally I was heartbroken when Pesmerga went missing after Suikoden II. If neither Yuber nor Pesmerga are revived in the next Suikoden, I really will begin to question their significance. The developers can't expect to build up character development on two characters in three games, drop them for another three or four, and expect gamers to comprehend those characters when they pop back up again (unless: 1. they provide all the backstory during their return, and/or 2. they expect that players have stayed true and played ALL of the games leading up to that point).
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Well, the title says it all. It is overhyped to an extent, But those Jeane theories take the cake. But Twelve does make a good point by how Jeane's role seemed more important after the fifth installment, instead of being a fanboy topic. I hope the same happens to Yuber & Pesmerga and whoever else might be invole in the destined conflict. And to put some of those whacky theories out with a bang(though some of them are amusing).
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Archer

Post by Archer »

I think they're using Pesmerga sparingly as to not give the impression Suikoden is nothing but an elaborate way to portray Pesmerga's pursuit of Yuber. Considering the mess Yuber leaves everywhere I'm finding myself questioning Pesmerga's ability to chase rather than their significance. Its like Pesmerga is a stupid cartoon hunter with a gun and Yuber is the wise cracking rabbit. They're obviously going to have a huge fan following because what rabid fanboy doesnt like black knights and swords? Its just another one of many plot threads that keep people coming back.

I think when Murayama left they probably did scrap most of his ideas and I wouldn't be surprised if they just make up the ending for Pesmerga and Yuber as they go along. They could even be looking around at the huge fan speculation for ideas, who knows? Theres just something unwholesome about a plot line being started by one person, heading in a positive direction and then being handled by someone else and its future laying completely uncertain as to how competant they will be in executing the idea. There will be a LOT of judgemental eyes on this subplot I think, considering how much they have been overhyped but then what can you expect when you say they have ties to the ending? I'm starting to wonder when we'll see this ending and when konami have decided the franchise has made them enough money. xD
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Twelve wrote:I highly doubt that Pesmerga will ever be the Tenkai Star in a Suikoden game, but...
Well, Pesmerga can't be the Tenkai star because he's already the Teni star. So your doubt is very reasonable.

I'm not koo-koo-krazy for Yuber and Pesmerga, but I would like to see more being done with the characters. Suikoden III signified a great advance in the development of Yuber's character (sort of... his character still basically amounts to "murder whatever I feel like") and Pesmerga being missing seemed particularly odd in that title. And we haven't seen hide nor hair of either of them since. The characters themselves aren't spectacularly fascinating, but if you start a subplot thread, we as an audience would appreciate seeing where it's going.
Yeah!
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Falenan_descent wrote:You know, I don't believe any of this Yuber/Pesmerga Hogwash. (Yes, I just used Hogwash.) I think they're overhyped characters that aren't all that important. If you look at the recent effects of runes on people, we know that runes can make you go crazy. Right? Well, Yuber has the Eightfold rune. What if that just makes him crazy? Notice that Yuber and Pesmerga both wear the same knight's outfit. What if they're just from an order of knights and Yuber one day found this magical Eightfold Rune that made him go psycho. And, now Pesmerga is out to bring him down.

And yeah, I know Yuber is thought to be "summoned". Well, its entirely feasable that Yuber can still be summoned due to the Eightfold rune. It may have certain effects we're unaware of. I'm pretty sure, though. That wherever Yuber and Pesmerga are from...they're part of an order of Knights that protect that realm.

Discuss kthnx.

First off
Any true rune bearer cant be overhyped.

Yuber has had more of a effect on the series then any single main character in the game. (Mostly since he took part in 3 suikodens) Not to mention his time with Windy.

Also
They arnt human
So your "Knights of the order" theory is wrong.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"