Viki's Game Timeline

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Scotts

Viki's Game Timeline

Post by Scotts »

Ok. I want to try get Viki's timelime down here. Make correctionsif you can!

Starts at Suikoden 3. This is to NOT Have met Lorelai (not sure if she mentions missing a meal, ive only read the manga)
Teleports to Suikogaiden to have an adventure with Nash
Teleports to 5. She Meets Lorelai, but hasnt SAVED her yet, so she denies it. Leading to Lorelai "bullying" Viki rumours.
Teleports to Twilight Forest, Freeing Lorelai and Killey.
Teleports to 1.
Teleports to 2 (Mentions going from the Feast of the Birth of the Toran Republic)
Teleports to 4. By now she mentions accepting her role of warping INTo a war, and then teleporting by accident after it.

This seems to work. If you have anything to say, say it. :D
Falenan_descent

Re: Viki's Game Timeline

Post by Falenan_descent »

I believe it goes...

and then we don't know :) AFter that it seems that Viki travels out of order of the games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think that works, because in Suikoden 3 she says she was just at the Dunan celebration, and in Suikoden II she just came from the Toran celebration. So we know for sure it's 1 -> 2 -> 3. I don't remember about 4 or 5, but for 5 she probably came from a celebration as well. I think the Suikogaiden Viki was the same Viki from Suikoden 2. So it was kinda like 2 -> Gaiden (going to all sorts of locations and times) -> 2...

also in 4 or 5 she tells Jeane she remembers her from before (but Jeane has no idea).
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Hmm, i suppose. But Lorelai throws things off.

Stupid Twilight Sindar Ruins ~_~

Also, in 5 she mentions missing another meal. and leaves a comment in the comment box that she is determined for it not to happen again.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's simple enough.

Suikoden IV, judging by how unditzy she is this is either way before V with multiple teleports in between IV and V or simply poor writing.
???
Suikoden V where she meets Lorelai for the first time.
Suikoden I where she teleports away at the celebration into
Suikoden II where she again misses the celebration and goes into
Suikogaiden Vol.2 where she travels back in time to various places, including the Twilight Ruins. At this point she has already met Lorelai 3 times but Lorelai who isn't traveling through time has not met Viki. Then she goes to
Suikoden III where the trail ends after she teleports off again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i think it is 1-2-gaiden-3-4-5
cause judging from her age she got old from 1-2-3 and seems to keep it in 4-5... really, if she was in 4 first... time travel also makes her younger... but she is not getting any younger... and she already knows lorelei kinda in 5 cause she have met her in 1 and 2... she remembers jeane from 4 and 5... but jeane doesn't know her cause she doesn't time travel...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm i can't find the Viki stuff in the Suikogaiden sections we have on our site. i thought we had it.. i remember seeing pictures!!!
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

yah... i just read the suikogaiden summary 2 weeks ago... viki appeared on the 2nd one... and she was just an alternate story...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:hmm i can't find the Viki stuff in the Suikogaiden sections we have on our site. i thought we had it.. i remember seeing pictures!!!
It's the back route of Chapter 3.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden2/3b/index.php
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Quing

Post by Quing »

I'm pretty sure the order goes:
III-as little Viki
Suikogaiden Vol. 2 as little Viki (this could be switched with the above, I don't know)
V
I
II
Suikogaiden Vol. 2 as normal Viki
III as normal Viki
IV

I think that Suikogaiden Vol. 2 has to take place after I and II because Viki teleports Nash and Co. to people from those games. V has to take place before I because Viki doesn't remember Lorelai. IV has to take place after III because the Viki/Jeane bath scene, Viki refers to having bathed with Jeane before (referring to the bath scene in Suikoden III).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm but doesn't Viki mention Jeane in Suikoden V? i don't know!!!!!! :shock:
AND she had just come from a banquet...
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

currently playing suikoden IV... finally!!! and i already got viki... viki looks really young in 1. she looked a little older in 2. definitely a lot older in 3, but comparing to the one in 4, 4 looks more older, and 5 looks really the oldest... I think konami is making viki look older in every installment... so it doesn't matter if it is in the past, cause she definitely have the ability to time travel...
Quing

Post by Quing »

I don't know if Viki mentions Jeane in V, but even if she does:
a) If little Viki is also big Viki, she should remember Jeane and
b) There might very well come along an installment of Suikoden that takes place earlier for Viki than Suikoden V. Just because Suikoden V takes place for Viki before any of the others so far doesn't mean that it is the earliest possible game.

As for aging, I don't think that's necessarily a good indicator of game order. Viki looks approximately the same age in all the games, and so much of the difference is due to individual artists' styles.
Last edited by Quing on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I think,

IV
V
I
II
III

That' s is....chronological order.

She always appears saying "i lost my meal" but we don't know WHAT meal, it can be the meal from the previous game or other meal from other battle that we don't know yet.

Whith this order there are holes in his history, but this order is compatible with first meeting with Lorelai at Suiko V.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Just out of curiosity...

Are you stipulating her age based on how old she looks in her character artwork? If that's the case, I think that's hardly a fair judgment--an artist's style and abilities can change/improve quite drastically between projects. Unless you're pulling her age from some sort of "vital stats" chart somewhere...

You've also got to wonder about Young Viki and Old Viki in Suikoden III... I don't know if there's been any mention since then about Viki's transformation from younger/mature to older/silly... (Maybe the Blinking Rune causes her to grow senile at an accelerated pace the more she uses it!?)