Viki's Game Timeline

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Scotts

Re: Viki's Game Timeline

Post by Scotts »

Lol, her age is unimportant. I assume she is the same age each game, more or less. Becuase some of the longer wars she was in she would have aged a little.

Anyway it is exactly what the title of the thread is, what order does Viki do the games? There will be more Suikoden games to come out to let us know, but this is just her current order, not including possible future appearnaces.

Also Suikoden 5 was like, Suikodens 10 year aniversary... so i think Suikoden 6 will pop up around mid to late 2008.
WuYung

Post by WuYung »

also remember viki has the dimension to herself... whats up with that exactly? You see it in Suikogaiden and she mentions it repeatedly in Suikoden V saying (im paraphrasing) "Prince if you to get away i can take you to that special place/oh nothing nevermind" Maybe thats the dimension viki is from and truly exists? Also one might wonder, younger viki does appear with her in that dimension, if we had the dialogue (or if i could locate the gaidens for my ps1) maybe it would explain a few things, although we have to wonder if then the younger one is either her younger, or actually another viki... why would the personalities be so different? Younger viki is more intelligent and understands all of the events entirely. Thats really whats throwing me off.

however about the lorelai thing its quite simple: She is with nash, teleports them all to the Twilight Forest, then dissapears. However this happens AFTER she appears in suikoden 5, so im guessing, minus that one event her apperances go as followed:

4,5,1,2,Gaiden2,3
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

viki's appearance defends on how the illustrator did it. but a war last for years. island liberation war 5 years, wow sun rune war 1 year( i didn't realize it was that quick) gate rune war 3 years, dunan unification war 1 year too, second keeper of the flames war 1 year again. so even if you got viki in the half way... she should have still aged a little. so for me it is still 1,2,gaiden,3,4 &5...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just recruited Little Viki in Suikoden 3 again.. she seems to know larger self very well. the lines "This is strange... I don't really want to do this... You better stand back." seems like she doesn't know why she's here again, and tells the your characters to stand back because her "big" self is about to fall. the "I" indicates they are one and the same person.
Iku

Post by Iku »

maybe they are the same person and the different stars are just for game play reasons, kinda like how tomo can be two different stars!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Tomo is only one star in each playthrough. the game changes what star she was born under based on your decisions (conveniently reworking her other characters' stars to make "destiny" fit).
The Small Viki thing is REALLY different.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i was suggesting that little viki is infact the same star as big viki but obviously they both cant fill the same slot on the tablet so to make it work in the game they gave her a different star...............
not that i actually believe this im just throwing ideas around :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
chypa

Post by chypa »

how come there's two Viki in suikoden III?
and the little one, doesn't as cute as the big one.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

what the hell does Waffu means anyway???
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

When we know that, all secrets about Viki will be unlocked!

Either that or it's a red herring.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

Oppenheimer wrote:When we know that, all secrets about Viki will be unlocked!

Either that or it's a red herring.

lololololololololol
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Lol!

I love Viki :wink: and also think she is cuter then her younger self :wink: .

In my opinoun the timeline is:

Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Suikogaiden vol.2 (adult)
Suikoden 3 (adult)
Suikoden 5
Suikoden 4
Suikogaiden vol.2 (kid)
Suikoden 3 (kid)
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

i believe the kid Viki is a different Viki than the adult. Because, no offense, because I do like Viki, but kid Viki is way more intelligent than adult Viki. And how could she be two ages at the same time?
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Darknat

Post by Darknat »

In my opinion:

Suikoden V : She doesn't know lorelai yet, and she looks the same age she was in suikoden 1
Suikoden I
Suikoden II
Suikogaiden vol2
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV : In her artwork she seems older than any of the previous artworks, also she remembers jeanne from somewhere
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

Darknat wrote:In my opinion:

Suikoden V : She doesn't know lorelai yet, and she looks the same age she was in suikoden 1
Suikoden I
Suikoden II
Suikogaiden vol2
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV : In her artwork she seems older than any of the previous artworks, also she remembers jeanne from somewhere

No, she definately goes from 4 to 3, i think. Because she says "wheres my food?" and that she was just at a celebration banquet when you recruit her in 3. And her ending in 4 says she sneezes while at the feast and is never seen again.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."