Viki's Game Timeline

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Darknat

Re: Viki's Game Timeline

Post by Darknat »

executorofbalance wrote:
Darknat wrote:In my opinion:

Suikoden V : She doesn't know lorelai yet, and she looks the same age she was in suikoden 1
Suikoden I
Suikoden II
Suikogaiden vol2
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV : In her artwork she seems older than any of the previous artworks, also she remembers jeanne from somewhere

No, she definately goes from 4 to 3, i think. Because she says "wheres my food?" and that she was just at a celebration banquet when you recruit her in 3. And her ending in 4 says she sneezes while at the feast and is never seen again.
Well, I wasn't sure about Suikoden III because that was the one I have never played.

I'm playing it now, and I have just recruited her, and I notice that she says that she missed her meal, but also that she comes from the city-state of jowstone o_O

so here is the weird part, if she was teleported from the end of suikoden 2 to suikoden 3, where did the viki from suikogaiden come from...

Also, what about the magic mirror. She has it in suikoden V, but not in suikoden III (at least I haven't get it..).

If I remember well, Hellion was the one giving you the mirror in suikoden 1, and lepant in suikoden II, after that, Viki always had it (again, not sure about suikoden III)

lol, in the end viki just gives me a big headache....
Jeremiah Ecks

Re: Viki's Game Timeline

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Okay, here's my two cents.

Suikogaiden - we only seem to place that just based off what Viki is wearing, but people can change clothes (or keep them on forever - all of the characters in SI wore all the same clothes over three years? No way! :) ). So just because Viki is dressed as SII Viki in Suikogaiden doesn't mean she is SII Viki in timeline, because she might change her clothes.

I did want to believe that the games were in order of SI-V representing Viki's own personal journey with SGaiden being after the five games. This has one spanner in the works - Lorelai's presence. She remembers Viki, but Viki doesn't remember her. This means that V has to come before I-II-III, right?

Not necessarily. Firstly, what evidence is there that Viki even met Lorelai during I or II? They were in the same wars together? Big deal - you have 108 known characters, not including people like Sanchez who aren't stars, or the hundreds of faceless NPCs that serve on your side. The armies always span thousands of people. Do you think that Viki and Lorelai, who have no shared common interests nor hang around the same areas in terms of gameplay, would really take notice? At best Lorelai may notice Viki as the one transporting the team around everywhere but whether Viki takes notice or not of Lorelai's consternation is a thin assumption at best.

And, mostly, we're considering that Viki is actually rational. All the pieces intact. Uhm, WAFFU! Viki could be bat-nuts crazy for all we know. So her memory could be on the blink. Right?

So in other words, Viki shows up in V, totally forgetting who Lorelai is. They weren't close in I or II, Suikogaiden hasn't happened yet, and with her time travelling doohickey stuff, she just really couldn't put a face to the name. It isn't that Viki hasn't met Lorelai in V, but it's just that she didn't care enough to remember. On the other hand, serving in five wars in Jeane may cause Viki to take note, especially as they're Mysterious Magic Users so have a bit more in common...

So my vote is SI, II, III, IV, V and then Gaiden. Young Viki? Who knows? 'Mature' Viki in IV? I personally didn't think she was that much more mature. Just a different take on the same character. You could also argue that Snowe was far more childish than arrogant in Suiko Tactics, which I am enjoying immensely by the way...

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who is currently enjoying Spider-Man comics, Classic Undertaker matches and Turkish Delight.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."