Arshtat's intentions for Frey

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rai-Jin

Re: Arshtat's intentions for Frey

Post by Rai-Jin »

That dosnt really make sense to me at all.
Its not like you need to be royal to overthrow the kingdom, like everyone could just do it.
Why does she only fear that Freys kids could POSSIBLY (not saying she is thinking about that right away) do it.
bla
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

You can marry and choose not to have children. Also by having 2 children any kingdom risks the chance of a civil war between the children. Actually anyone can attempt to upsurp the kingdom when he get's into high ranks.

So in my opinion that agreement was pretty useless, as you see that when you don't have fighting for the throne then others will, like the Godwin. Especially marrying a random person who happens to have a strong fighter doing all the jobs for him.
God of War

Post by God of War »

What if the Prince marries Lym? Then we won't have this problem anymore right? :p... just kidding...

I really believe that Frey shouldn't be forced into making such a pact because this just simply violates his very being and dignity as a person since you are taking away his right for happiness. Whether he marries or not is none of anyone's business. Why would you deny him the right to live happily with someone he truly loves?

I know some of you may argue that he has certain responsibilities, but in my opinion, he already paid his due share. He just saved the Queen and the Queendom for crying out loud. If normal people can marry, I think its more than fair that he be rewarded for his heroism rather than punished. Remember, Arshtat, Sialeeds, and Haswar, all decided this on their own free will. This is the best way they thought of protecting their nation. They didn't impose this policy to Lym and the Prince. Arshtat, Sialeeds, and Haswar did this since they were all female and were in line for the throne. The prince wasn't in line for the throne so he need not worry about contending for it.

In the end, Arshtat, Sialeeds, and Haswar they did become somewhat pointless because it wasn't the royal family who was utterly at fault. The nobles were pulling the strings behind the scenes. If you can recall, the succession war was only because of Salum's insistence that Falzrahm accede the throne, and we very well know how Salum enjoys scheming in order to expand his power. Years later, even though the war was no longer for succession, the Nobles were once again at the root things. This time, in the form of one Marscal Godwin and his son Gizel. Even the other nobles tagged along with the side they think will benefit them the most. You see, no matter what, there will always be people who will try to do any means, may it be through the most despicable of acts, in order to consolidate their own power. These are truly ambitious men were talking about here who would do absolutely anything to achieve the power they've been craving for.

Down the road, there will still be problems no matter what. As what was stated earlier by some of the posters. Think of it this way, what if Lym had three children? All daughters. Each one of them may still fight over the throne someday, there's no guarantee that they won't. Also, maybe if this was the policy the royal family has to adhere to, isn't it unfair to the other royalty members? One day, a prince or princess not in line for the throne may cause trouble in the kingdom since they want to be be with the one they love.

So... my answer is no to not being married and having not having kids for royals other than the Queen herself... and... the Prince should quickly marry Luserina and have babies... :p
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I think the real problem comes in that if bearing children was allowed only for the Queen, what happens a few generations down the line when a Queen is baren or her children die, you'd have no heirs.

I don't see Frey having children as being a problem. Sialeeds is a perfect example of what an official, non-ruling member of the royal family was, a diplomat who served the needs of the country at large and brought those concerns to the Queen. That will be made MUCH easier without the senate lording over everything. With a new Parliment style system, the royal family not in line for the throne will have more power.

But that's a moot point. Compare modern day England, when's the last time a civil war for the throne has been fought by the royal family? I seriously don't think an internal civil war between the royal family would be a major concern, especially after the Senator's who push for it are gone.

Truthfully, I don't see any reason why Frey not only couldn't but shouldn't have children, if for no other reason than to extend the royal family.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Queens of the past apparently have been known for sending their sons to be married off in other countries as diplomatic offerings. Or to noble houses to keep the balance of power. But Queen Arshtat didn't seem to be the type to do so and the fact that Lymsleia adored her older brother.
genso19

Post by genso19 »

I think it is now Parliament in Falena and the Senate has been abolished (indicated during the last part and what-happens-to-this-star part)

And I can say that it's really hard to speculate, since it is up to the player to choose if Frey would stay or leave

but I think it would not be a problem for Frey to have a child, since there is more risk of not having a heiress than having a civil war, especially that Lym and Frey are both competitive and good people.
"Hey, listen up! These Godwin traitors got no respect for justice. And sure, sometimes justice is just a little word. But sometimes justice is three feet of sharp steel smashing in your face. Now, let's go get 'em!"
True Harem Rune

Post by True Harem Rune »

sunstar25 wrote:Since Arshtat, Sialeeds, and Haswar all entered into a pact there would be only one line of succession to avoid the mistakes of their mothers. It seems Frey would have to stay single.
Poor Miakis. >_> -cough- err nevermind..

But seriously.. if the queen says no other royal families are to give birth, Frey can't just decide "if I raise them right.." if he has children they probably would be exiled, or put to death. Frey could recieve the same, but the probability that Lym would ever do that is next to never. Of course toward the end where she comments that she is always a little sister when Frey is around sounds like a little bit of resentment, you never know how Lym could grow up.
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I think he should be allowed to have kids. Think about it if he wanted to take over he would've done it when he saved the country. And I think if his kids tried anything he would put down their rebellion himself. That said I think the prince shouldn't be burden with a wife and follow Kyle's example and just have alot of girlfriends. :roll:
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Of course, this would all be a moot point if Frey turned out to be gay.

Ah, fanfictions, what would we do without you? lol
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Pixelate

Post by Pixelate »

It'd probably be similar to royalty in the real world, in that Freyjadours' children won't be in line for the throne, unless Lym bore no children, or all of her children passed away.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Just because their predecessors issued a pact amongst themselves doesn't mean that it HAS to affect the young ones like Frey and Lym. I guess that thought has to be discussed amongst Frey, Lym, and Haswar (as she used to be in that pact and can help them with that situation). I say they shouldn't impose such a hurtful condition upon the prince, but it's up to his decision whether he would want to marry and sire children or not.

But what if both their heirs passed away (sickness could strike anytime as it pleases, y'know...), or both weren't able to produce one? (That is the most improbable situation but I would just like to share that). Then what else should they do?
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Gen. Dirge wrote:
But what if both their heirs passed away (sickness could strike anytime as it pleases, y'know...), or both weren't able to produce one? (That is the most improbable situation but I would just like to share that). Then what else should they do?
Actually, I think that's the very reason why Haswar announce a surprise wedding at the end. If it is indeed her own, like it can be found on the Character part of this site, it was because she and Lym were the only remaining Femal royal. She did that to get children that could becomes queens if anythign was to happen to Lym. If Lym dies soon from sickness, the throne would directly go to Haswar who isn't very young.

Seriously, how old is she? She looked like my grandmother.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Palmguy wrote:
Gen. Dirge wrote:
Actually, I think that's the very reason why Haswar announce a surprise wedding at the end. If it is indeed her own, like it can be found on the Character part of this site, it was because she and Lym were the only remaining Femal royal. She did that to get children that could becomes queens if anythign was to happen to Lym. If Lym dies soon from sickness, the throne would directly go to Haswar who isn't very young.

Seriously, how old is she? She looked like my grandmother.
I think she's in her 40's................but hey, they say "Life begins at 40".......it ain't too late for her yet (who's the lucky guy, huh, Haswar?). Besides, it must be they way she styles herself (the hairstyle, expression....etc...but if she gets a make-over, then she'd definitely be the bomb....)

Frankly, I think that's a really good point you shared. "If anything happens to Lym, we still have a back-up plan......." So her purpose is to keep the family alive by getting betrothed to someone and ummmm.....multiplying...?

Hey babycakes ;D
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Gen. Dirge wrote:
I think she's in her 40's................but hey, they say "Life begins at 40".......it ain't too late for her yet (who's the lucky guy, huh, Haswar?). Besides, it must be they way she styles herself (the hairstyle, expression....etc...but if she gets a make-over, then she'd definitely be the bomb....)

Frankly, I think that's a really good point you shared. "If anything happens to Lym, we still have a back-up plan......." So her purpose is to keep the family alive by getting betrothed to someone and ummmm.....multiplying...?

Ahh, Haswar the bomb; Stripper at night for the lonlely cleric at Lunas, Breader the day for the Sun Palace
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Palmguy wrote:
Gen. Dirge wrote:

Ahh, Haswar the bomb; Stripper at night for the lonlely cleric at Lunas, Breader the day for the Sun Palace
*snicker* Now THAT is very funny......(to me)....

Hey babycakes ;D