What if Tir???

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
bench2hotty

What if Tir???

Post by bench2hotty »

appears as a bad guy(its my first time writing on a forum cans someone plis help me)
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

what if you could be able to revive aeris and play her in suikoden 6? :o
bla
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If you want help, see the links in my avatar.

What about Tir as a villian? Care to expand upon your theory?
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I don't see a reason Tir will be a villain...not when Gremio is with him.. :lol:

If he were a villain, perhap it because of the rune... :shock:
I can't think... :cry:
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

i would maybe like to see Tir on the other side, not so much a bad guy, but someone who is trying to save his country. but not evil.
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

or the rune killing the people closest to him drove him mad??? so he went evil???
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Possibility because we know that the rune is cursed obviously and that what we see of Tir in SII we know at parts he is struggling to control the effects of the Soul Eater.

I doubt they'd ever bring him back into the games as a main character but maybe as a minor character that you could meet on your travels.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Veritas wrote:i would maybe like to see Tir on the other side, not so much a bad guy, but someone who is trying to save his country. but not evil.
Like Gizel/Mascal? They kind of just did that idea.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

just like luc.we never expected him to be the enemy in suikoden 3 because he appears to help the good guys in suiko 1and2. I started to thingk that Tir could have gone mad during his travels because of the SE killing everyone close 2 him. perhaps maybe gremio could have died which caused him grief until he's gone insane and killing other people he meets. well how was that sorry for my bad english.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I hope to high heaven that Konami never try to make Suikoden that cheesy.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

I personally don't believe that would ever be the case. That would kind of push Tir into being almost a Luca Character. Since Luca became an enemy based on the stress from watching his mother get raped by those from the City States. Also Im unsure of the Rune since it doesn't kill the people it simply eats the soul of those that are dead. The Rune of Punishment would of been more apt to drive the barer crazy then the Soul Eater.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Veritas wrote:i would maybe like to see Tir on the other side, not so much a bad guy, but someone who is trying to save his country. but not evil.
Like Gizel/Mascal? They kind of just did that idea.
That's been the theme of every Suikoden.

Suikoden = The Imperial Generals
Suikoden II = Jowy
Suikoden III = Luc
Suikoden IV = Troy
Suikoden V = Godwins

Suikoden has always tried to show war as a gray zone rather than a black and white situation, no doubt the next one will as well.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Good point. However, they do also have black and white characters:

Black
I - Kraze
II - Luca
III - Yuber
IV - Cray
V - Childerich

White
Many of the 108 stars.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

yes but the main theme and plot always is gray, never the "good ones" vs. "bad ones"

even playing the white characters ( 108 ) you think sometimes if you are making the "right" things

best exemple: riou is making right invading his own country? jowy is doing bad returning to his country and fighting his friend?

thats what i love of suikoden
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
ascending_poet

Post by ascending_poet »

That's the human dichotomy. You can be this and you can be that at the same time. According to Suikoden, motives can be the same.

I do appreciate the writers of Suikoden games' portrayal of multi-faceted characters, and often the motives of certain villains are quite provocative. So if Tir were to become a villain, I'd imagine they'd put some tragic twist on the angle. Might even be interesting if we were to take the lead of a "black" Tir as he struggles to stay in control.