Camille & Rachel

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
When Loopers Attack!

Camille & Rachel

Post by When Loopers Attack! »

I can’t believe that I just now noticed this, but has any body noticed that Camille and Rachel are practically the same person?

Let’s look at the facts:

Both of them appear under the Tenyu Guardian Star
Both of them use spears; both of their spears have a ribbon (or whatever) on them.
Both of them had (or have) jobs as dept collectors
Both of them have red hair, and brown eyes with practically the same haircut
Both were a headband (although it is not the same exact headband)
Both of them appear to be about the same height

However, Camille and Rachel’s dates of birth are different and Camille is said to be younger than Rachel is. (By the time they appear in their respective titles)

Now it is possible that this is a prime example of pure laziness on the developer’s part, but perhaps there is a relationship between the two (such as being relatives or something) or they are the same person and the date of birth for Camille is a lie.

If they were indeed the same person, it would ultimately mean that either she bears a True Rune (although this is unlikely) or she is a case similar to that of Jeane.

Well that’s my theory anyway.
“Take everything that I am and devour it! Consume me so that we can be together forever!”

With those words, he gave everything to death and condemned himself to hell, but in doing so, he has attained true happiness. His love for her now complete.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think it's pretty much accepted, if not confirmed, that Rachel is Camille's acestor, since S4 takes place about 150 years before S1.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

No, nope. Its clearly obvious that Rachel is a true rune bearer and changed her name to Camille around S1. Definately. XD
soonket

Post by soonket »

wow... okay... there goes another jeane.. just that this one is not as obvious as that..
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Falenan_descent wrote:No, nope. Its clearly obvious that Rachel is a true rune bearer and changed her name to Camille around S1. Definately. XD
I highly doubt that there is any possibility of rachel and camille being one and the same..to me I agree that Camille must be an ancestor of Rachel.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

ummm about the spears. They are the same exact spears to be exact. So there is a reason why the spears are so much alike. As well as it is probably a family heirloom.