I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Post by KFCrispy »

i think Childerich was just there to help characterize the Godwin family's lack of moral values... he was indeed a poor and uninteresting character on his own.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Mio wrote:
Crowetron wrote:You're not along, Mio. That final showdown with the Mad Prince was tense indeed. I had a white knuckle grip on my controller the whole time, for three consecutive attempts, until I finally beat him. Even now, when I know how to beat him, and know I can, I still tense up for the battle.

That's exactly why Luca's battle is so unforgettable.
wtf??

you're adressing me but i do not understand a thing you posted

<_<

*Blink*

Okay, looking back at this thread, that is weird. Sorry for being confusing. I probably meant to post this in that thread about Luca, or something. Someone was talking about Luca's fight still being tense and scary, and that was my reply to it. Or should have been...

This is embarrassing :oops:
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

i think Childerich was just there to help characterize the Godwin family's lack of moral values... he was indeed a poor and uninteresting character on his own.
Well he is no Luca Blight that's for sure, Luca is AWESOME Childerich is just some idiot who works for the Godwin's really, all he did was kill bunch of people for no reason, I don't even love to hate him, I just plain hate him.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Am I the only one who realy enjoyed seeing Roy die? His after your girl...his aftery to dirty down your name....He runs around playing you in the castle....His an asshole!

And Dolph to? His like a rapist..that little bastard. Childrich? Oh gods...dont like him to but he atleast killed Roy.

The Godwin? Only the Dad Godwin Is somewhat okay...the son Is just...meh! He cant even fight and ergh...hate him too.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Am I the only one who realy enjoyed seeing Roy die? His after your girl...his aftery to dirty down your name....He runs around playing you in the castle....His an asshole!

And Dolph to? His like a rapist..that little bastard. Childrich? Oh gods...dont like him to but he atleast killed Roy.

The Godwin? Only the Dad Godwin Is somewhat okay...the son Is just...meh! He cant even fight and ergh...hate him too.
Well you just abotu hate everyone don't ya?
-Chaco
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Chaco wrote:

Well you just abotu hate everyone don't ya?
Exactly! But Roy! So many times I wanted to decapitate the asshole, his the worst star ever!
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Exactly! But Roy! So many times I wanted to decapitate the asshole, his the worst star ever!
I wasn't a big fan of Roy myself actually, I think they did a bad job showing his admeration toward the Prince, instead they made him seem like a brat who was playing dress up, instead of someone who admired him. He reminded me of Hoi from Suikoden 2 actually, Hoi dressed up and pretended to be Riou (he even painted a fake true rune on his hand) and stole from villagers using this fake identity. Although I wouldn't wish death upon him either, just I wish they did a bettre job with his character.
-Chaco
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Chaco wrote:
I wasn't a big fan of Roy myself actually, I think they did a bad job showing his admeration toward the Prince, instead they made him seem like a brat who was playing dress up, instead of someone who admired him. He reminded me of Hoi from Suikoden 2 actually, Hoi dressed up and pretended to be Riou (he even painted a fake true rune on his hand) and stole from villagers using this fake identity. Although I wouldn't wish death upon him either, just I wish they did a bettre job with his character.
Hoi was a comical relief and just a poor dumb thief. Roy was out to ruin the reputation of the prince. A hidious bastard and a wannabe womanizer, and I hate womanizers! Bah! He deserved the axe.

One can behead him right? And how did he admire the prince? Not a chance! He was a psycho who thought he was the prince in the end perhaps.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I wouldn't call Roy a womanizer. I don't think he hit on other women besides Lyon did he? Though the woman's bath thing was bad.

I don't think he admired the Prince, well not that much. He may have respected some aspects of him but that wasn't going to stop he from taking full advantage of his appearance. Roy was just very jealous for the things Prince had going for him not recognizing the burden and loss that Prince had to carry. Overall he was just immature, a brat really. Though it is clear that his feeling for Lyon are sincere.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Oh, uh sorry I guess I misunderstood Roy than, either way they could of done a better job with him.
-Chaco
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I didn't hate or like Childerich. It's clear why Luca was a nutjob, but why Childerich? He acted differently than other members of nether gate.

Is there a short story about this raving lunatic, so that we can learn more about him and his past?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I didn't hate or like Childerich. It's clear why Luca was a nutjob, but why Childerich? He acted differently than other members of nether gate.

Is there a short story about this raving lunatic, so that we can learn more about him and his past?
Non-Suikoden Story base wise I think Konami was trying to make a character who could be compared to Luca to bring fans/more players to the game. However seeing as Suikoden has a vast and strong storyline I think having a character like Childerich was a bad idea without giving him a reason for doing what he did.
-Chaco
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

After replaying SV it is more clear than ever that ol' Childerich was a last minute addition. I figure that after weeks of writing a complex tale of corruption within nobility, Konami decided "We need some persistant schmuck to hound the characters throughout the game." Really, despite Childerich's earnest attempts to be Luca Blight, he's basically Rowd with more confidence.

Frankly, he ends up being even less cool than Rowd, which is one hell of a feat, really.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

sorry for being obnoxious

but after 3 pages of this thread

we're concluding Childerich is a wanna be carbon copy of Luca Blight?

wasn't it quite obvious enough that SII is very much a carbon copy of SV?

most major plotlines found in SII can also be found in SV right?

of course they'll replicate Luca with Childerich

of course they'll replicate Shu with Lucretia etc etc

i'm sorry, i have no point

just being obnoxious really
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

wow i missed that scene totally, tho i might not have had a choice? i screwed up and didnt save his two buddies (playing it again now lol).

but even tho roy wasn't my favorite character thats a very touching scene and im glad i know about that so i don't have to bother losing an SoD.

(also even if roy IS after the hero's girl, he would never get her shes.. like madly obsessed with ur main dude glued to your party the entire game and all...)