I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Jimi Moondance wrote:I never liked Childerich as a character. He seemed shallow to me. The only legs he was given to stand on seemed like hand-me-downs from Luca Blight, which made him seem like a shell of a character without much depth.

In a series lauded for deep characters, I found that to be disappointing.

Childerich is apeshit nutso

I don't think he needs depth
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Well, it is slightly disappointing that we never really find out *why* he's apeshit nutso. I mean, sure, he was Nether Gate, but as was pointed out elsewhere they usually try to produce calm and collected assassins. So it's not clear what circumstances produced Childerich.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Kirin wrote:Well, it is slightly disappointing that we never really find out *why* he's apeshit nutso. I mean, sure, he was Nether Gate, but as was pointed out elsewhere they usually try to produce calm and collected assassins. So it's not clear what circumstances produced Childerich.
The fact the main bosses of Nether Gate weren't producing assasins anymore. He must have been brought up in a different way. Or perhaps Gizel just saw this nutso killer somewhere and decided he was Nether Gate material.
Hmm...
Me 4 Childerich and Euram

Post by Me 4 Childerich and Euram »

I actually read somewhere that he prefers man over women. If you get my dirft... :wink:

As for him being crazy maybe something happened to him and that caused him to kill.

I love him though.....
Childerich rocks no matter what anyone says

Euram Rocks as well so don't bad mouth them!

I also have a soft spot for Shula As well
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Childerich may be nutso. But he's no Luca..
Scotts

Re: I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Post by Scotts »

Childerich is crappy, and i hated him to. it was his head shape.

Luca was cool but
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Me 4 Childerich and Euram wrote:I actually read somewhere that he prefers man over women. If you get my dirft... :wink:

So...what exactly does being a black-hearted bloodthirsty murderer have to do with being gay? I think I'm offended by that comparison.

But, damn, that was a heartwrenching scene. It would've been bad enough, but then they hit Roy with that second volley of arrows...Yeesh. There is one thing about that scene that always cracks me up, though: check out that throw from Faylen! That girl has one hell of an arm!
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

I hate him. Childerich is a Yuber wannabe.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Thats true it was quite sad what happened to Roy but thats why you dont get the fake prince to fight a real opponent. Childerich may share the same diabolic qualities as Luca Blight but hes definitly no Luca. I actually liked Luca a little bit and I also like the beast rune. He was a freak warrior with no leash, he should have just joined up with the good guys and called it a day.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Childeric wouldn't lest long against Luca.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Ok getting some crappy replies

<_<

its no wonder Childerich was very similar to Luca as most aspects of Suikoden V is closely similar to Suikoden II

i think Suikoden V is the Suikoden II 3D remake for PS2

in this line of thinking i would have to say that Childerich pales in comparison to Luca

same as with Lucretia and Shu

Luca Blight gave me the shivers which Childerich did not

I remember the first time i went through Luca Blight's Night Raid.

my hands were all cold after fighting 3 continuous battles and shaking while picking a choice from the easy to lose Duel.

Luca's huge damage during the fights you barely survived (if you're not a pro gamer) adds to his horrific reputation which i think Childerich missed

then again maybe i'm the only one who experienced the cold hand shaking duel during that night raid.

:D
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

You're not along, Mio. That final showdown with the Mad Prince was tense indeed. I had a white knuckle grip on my controller the whole time, for three consecutive attempts, until I finally beat him. Even now, when I know how to beat him, and know I can, I still tense up for the battle.

That's exactly why Luca's battle is so unforgettable.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I hate him too. . I don't "love to hate him" I just hate him.

I do looooooooooove my bad guys (they are usually my favorite) But this guy was lame. .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Baron

Post by Baron »

Yeah,I was dissapointed whem Belcoot losed against him.
Die Pig!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Crowetron wrote:You're not along, Mio. That final showdown with the Mad Prince was tense indeed. I had a white knuckle grip on my controller the whole time, for three consecutive attempts, until I finally beat him. Even now, when I know how to beat him, and know I can, I still tense up for the battle.

That's exactly why Luca's battle is so unforgettable.
wtf??

you're adressing me but i do not understand a thing you posted

<_<