I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Author

Re: I always did hate Childerich (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Post by Author »

I believe the true storyline of S5 would involve Roy dying, because it's just so dramatic.

He's voice sounded like a girl, by the way, haha.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

In that case, the true story would also involve the tragic death of Lyon, cuz of all that 108 Stars jazz. Not to say sad endings aren't entertaining, but.... :cry:
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I believe the true storyline of S5 would involve Roy dying, because it's just so dramatic.

He's voice sounded like a girl, by the way, haha.
What? That makes no sense at all, you think his death shoul dbe canon because you don't like him, how the hell does a scene being dramatic have anything to do with the story being canon at that part or not? I thought Phol's death in Suikoden 1 was a very dramatic scene but it clearly wasn't the true ending since he appears perfectly alive in Suikoden 2.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Chaco wrote: I thought Phol's death in Suikoden 1 was a very dramatic scene but it clearly wasn't the true ending since he appears perfectly alive in Suikoden 2.
I think you mean Pahn, there. Pohl was the poor nice guy who got gutted by everyone's favorite wacky sociopath at the beginning of Suikoden 2.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I think you mean Pahn, there. Pohl was the poor nice guy who got gutted by everyone's favorite wacky sociopath at the beginning of Suikoden 2.
Oops that was embarresing lol..... :shock:
Yeah but the point is both scenes were very dramatic and uh....Neither one changed the ending of the game.
-Chaco
i-heart-percival

Re:

Post by i-heart-percival »

Wraith wrote:I never did that in my game but I found a scene of it on YouTube

WARNING: Do not watch unless you want to be spoilled heavily. This happens if you choose the 'defend castel' option at the middle of the game( or ratehr 3rth quarter).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DU2ct0cENbA& ... ikoden%20V

I found it amazing. And it explained the arrow in prince's chest that we saw in the trailer before the game's release wich confused me alot.
wow! that's messed up what happens to roy, well, i guess i've seen it once, so i'm not gonna have 2 see it again lol...
i-heart-percival

Re:

Post by i-heart-percival »

Komataguri wrote:haha roy died.

That video rocked!

To bad Childerich didn't rend his head from his shoulders personally.
i'm surprised he didn't say "die pig"...childerich was a total rip-off of Luca Blight in a sense...
Rune

Post by Rune »

Suikoden V a carbon copy of II!? There are a few direct similarities (Two River and Lelcar town structures, Hoi and Roy concept) but all the other similarities are extremely general and apply to most, if not all, of the games in the series (a person close to the hero betraying him, the enemy allying with a foreign nation, etc.). V does have many similarities to II, but it's got even more major differences. Not even the general stories of the game are similar (it's more like I in that regard).

Childerich is an interesting character. I did hate him as a person, but did appreciate him as a character. I don't think he was unusually shallow or anything like that, however. It's not like other minor antagonists had all that much more development/involvement in previous games (much of what we know about them comes from publications and other information from Konami). I don't think it's too far-fetched that Childerich would be so different from other assassins in Nether Gate. Obviously, the trained some assassins specifically for different types of jobs (such as Sagiri always wearing a smile to appear more innocent). Childerich was probably singled out as an emotional assassin and trained to be used to garner a lot of hatred or fear from his victims. For example, angering a skilled warrior enough may cause them to make mistakes from all that emotion.

He is not a Luca rip-off or anything like that, aside from being cruel and bloodthirsty, they have no similarities. His "die pigs!" line is simply a throwback/easter egg to II, added in by the localization team.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Childerich is a Luca Blight wannabe
-Chaco