big deal?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Atman wrote:Personally, I liked both of them for a while, until I started to read forums, and they were the only topic of conversation. Or more specifically, teh 0n|y t0pic d15cu553d by p30p|3 Wh0 typ3 liek ThIs. I still think that the characters themselves have a good mystique about them, and a lot of potential for some great stories. I just wish their fanbase wasn't so full of douchebags.
How crass. Very harsh, perhaps even hatefully honest?

I completly agree.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

But to be honest, if Pesmerga wasn't in Suikoden 1 and 2, then nobody would know anything about him, and if he popped up in the last game suddenly, people would be like "eh??" They wouldn't get it. And I DO think that Pes and Yuber will both be in a future Suikoden game that isn't the last one. More needs to be built upon who they are and what they're doing before then.
Purr.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Agreed, there has to be a fundamental reason as to why Pesmerga is pursuing Yuber. I think it will either be unravelled all at once or will be hinted at here and there with little tidbits until we have a pretty solid idea about the characters and their histories.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Lol. I just hope that's not anytime soon. All you'll ever hear is, "OMG GUYS, PES AND YUBER ARE IN THIS SUIKODEN TIS THE LAST ONE!!1"

Ugh >_>; But yeah, there needs to be more foundation built upon the story.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

True enough, but there should be a steady increase in the tempo in which knowledge about mysterious Suikoden information is revealed such as Yuber and Pesmerga, Viki, Jeane, the Sindar, and Hikusaak and Harmonia.
I don't think an all at once formula is ever good in a story or game, things need to be introduced gradually so that additional elements do not overlap the main plot too much.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Ushiku wrote:True enough, but there should be a steady increase in the tempo in which knowledge about mysterious Suikoden information is revealed such as Yuber and Pesmerga, Viki, Jeane, the Sindar, and Hikusaak and Harmonia.
I don't think an all at once formula is ever good in a story or game, things need to be introduced gradually so that additional elements do not overlap the main plot too much.
That's what I'm saying, so I find it very hard to believe that S6 is the last one, or S7 or so on. There's going to be a lot more Suikoden in the future.
Purr.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Damn right, and hopefully there'll be enough Suikoden that Konami can show Square Enix that it is possible to have a long standing series go into double figures without getting too tacky.

I can't wait for the elements of the plot the unravel slowly, for example I never would have guessed that Luc would attempt to change his own destiny as he did in Suikoden 3, when I read about that I was amazed.

I'm sure there are plenty more amazing plot twists that are just around the corner.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Ushiku wrote:Damn right, and hopefully there'll be enough Suikoden that Konami can show Square Enix that it is possible to have a long standing series go into double figures without getting too tacky.

I can't wait for the elements of the plot the unravel slowly, for example I never would have guessed that Luc would attempt to change his own destiny as he did in Suikoden 3, when I read about that I was amazed.

I'm sure there are plenty more amazing plot twists that are just around the corner.

Your Abosolutely right Konami can sure show them what a true series is about. Not random games that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest, but a continuing series that shows off the beauty and tragedy in the suikoden world. Just more recognition would be nice because it is rightfully deserved for this series. And yes i bet there are way more amazing plot twists to come. Konami has a lot in store for this series i bet including the whole pesmerga/yuber excitement.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I want to know what race from the world of emptiness Yuber (and possibly Pesmerga?) is, it is emphasised that Yuber is summoned like a creature, but it seems vague, for instance, what do you suppose he does in his 'free time' when he isn't summoned?
This may sound a little amusing, but its a serious question since it is known that Yuber is summoned, but obviously he won't be summoned all the time and stops once his contract is complete or he can no longer achieve victory.

The Suikoden series already has strong and loyal support, however for more Suikoden games to be made, this support needs to be persistant, and loyal fans must create new loyal fans from their friends.
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

ok i havn't finished suikoden tactics yet so this might be completely wrong but could they possibly be runic weapons ?
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

fu hung shu wrote:ok i havn't finished suikoden tactics yet so this might be completely wrong but could they possibly be runic weapons ?
Dude what are you talking about?
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

pesmegra and yuber, could they be runic weapons mentioned in suikoden tactics.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

fu hung shu wrote:pesmegra and yuber, could they be runic weapons mentioned in suikoden tactics.
Any evidential support for this speculation? Seems pretty baseless to me.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

fu hung shu wrote:pesmegra and yuber, could they be runic weapons mentioned in suikoden tactics.
I'm pretty sure those runic weapons mentioned in Suikoden Tactics are the Rune Cannons. This is due to the fact that a central theme of Suikoden Tactics is the investigation and the eventual destruction of the Rune Cannons.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

I havent played suikoden tactics would that mean i have missed importatn parts of suikoden or does it really matter. I'm not missing anything that important amI?