big deal?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
SinaiBeach

big deal?

Post by SinaiBeach »

Ok can someone give me a good explanation of why pesmerga and yuber are so popular and are always being discussed everywhere. What is up with them why are they so important?
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Darian

Post by Darian »

They look cool...

Best I got. :p
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Dude.

Use a smaller avatar, Geezus.

How could anyone think an avatar THAT big would ever be acceptable?
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Well Yuber plays pretty important roles in Suikoden 1, 2, and 3. And he has a true rune that we know nothing about. Which means he is probably going to be very important in the future.

And Pasmerga hunts Yuber down and obviously knows something we don't. Too bad he has such a horrible sense of direction.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Actually SARS once wrote an article about that very topic.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

possibly because they're enigmas and everone loves a good enigma
it leaves a big opening for speculation

i just wish that konami would give us more information on them with each suikoden installment
HairyMonekyNuts

Post by HairyMonekyNuts »

i agree with Darian
moneky is suppose to be monkey... i was just to lazy to make a new account.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Just so you know, SinaiBeach, youll get banned if you dont reduce your avatar size.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

They just look cool and people are attracted to mysterious characters like pesmerga and yuber although i find yuber less serious and mysterious than pesmerga
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

pesmerga786 wrote:They just look cool and people are attracted to mysterious characters like pesmerga and yuber although i find yuber less serious and mysterious than pesmerga
I would say it differently, Pesmerga was just a filler that had alot of potential but they shouldn't have put him in S1 and 2. It is obvious that he is destined only to reveal his secrets in the last game. imo Yuber is a hell lot more mysterious mainly because of what the hell his True Rune stands for.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think the most mysterious element about them both is why Pesmerga is after Yuber. There must be a good reason behind it, that would explain why their duel is to be saved until the final Suikoden.

Though I wonder what the circumstances are that stop Yuber from teleporting away like he always does, unless a magic spell is cast to stop him teleporting away, they are in an environment where teleportation isn't possible (teleportation blockade maybe?) or he is fighting for his own cause instead of not wanting to die whilst being hired by a nation, is fighting a fight in which his participation is central to his own goals and not those of an employer.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Ushiku wrote:I think the most mysterious element about them both is why Pesmerga is after Yuber. There must be a good reason behind it, that would explain why their duel is to be saved until the final Suikoden.

Though I wonder what the circumstances are that stop Yuber from teleporting away like he always does, unless a magic spell is cast to stop him teleporting away, they are in an environment where teleportation isn't possible (teleportation blockade maybe?) or he is fighting for his own cause instead of not wanting to die whilst being hired by a nation, is fighting a fight in which his participation is central to his own goals and not those of an employer.
He has a contract that he follows until it endangers himself(when Pesmerga gets near him in Suikoden 1 novel or when Geddoe was going to strike him down.) or when the country/client has lost the battle. But he does not break his contract unless absolutely nessicary.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I personally hate all the hubub about Yuber and Pesmerga. I find them so annoying it hurts. Lol. And EVERYTIME a new game is announced the FIRST thing I see is, "ZOMGZ U GUYZ DO U THNIK PESMEGA AND YEWBUR GONNA BE INNIT!11"

And, as for the deal with them, I have no clue. They're just there.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Yeah serisouly there is so much talk about them its not even funny. yeah sry about my avatar being so big they got rid of it for me though so its all good.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Atman

Post by Atman »

Personally, I liked both of them for a while, until I started to read forums, and they were the only topic of conversation. Or more specifically, teh 0n|y t0pic d15cu553d by p30p|3 Wh0 typ3 liek ThIs. I still think that the characters themselves have a good mystique about them, and a lot of potential for some great stories. I just wish their fanbase wasn't so full of douchebags.