big deal?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Lemmy! Is that really how you look like?!!! :lol:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Nemesis wrote:Lemmy! Is that really how you look like?!!! :lol:
Um, that's Wil Ferral in Anchorman and please don't go off topic, PM him if you want to ask such questions.
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

Lemmy claypool wrote:
Any evidential support for this speculation? Seems pretty baseless to me.
Well no, but how much is known for sure about pesmegra and yuber other than yuber holds the eightfold true rune and participated in events in suikoden 1,2&3 and pesmegra is looking for yuber when you recruit him in suikoden 1&2.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

True, but common sense exist even within fantasy. They aren't the runic weapons mentioned in Suikoden Tactics.
I hope everything is going delicious.
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

I should have been clearer, i never meant they were THE runic weapons from Suikoden Tactics, but suikoden Tactics introduced the term 'runic weapon' which Pesmegra and Yuber could be another form of.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Hey i have been hearing that i guess when pesmerga and yuber fight the whole world will end. why is that?
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yuber and Pesmerga are horribly over-rated, and in fact Pesmerga I think migbht be the most overrated character of all time. As mentioned previously, once a new game is announced, everyone wants to know if they will be in it. Of course people still insist on Viktor and Flik returning, Luc, and I am betting now that we can add several characters from Suikoden V. But there is more validity to some of those. They had character and a purpose in the plot.

For those two the entire premise is Pesmerga wants to hunt down and kill Yuber. You will find Pesmerga in the most out of the way, most uninhabited areas of the country. Seriously, Neclord's castle after you twomp him and the very back of a cave? Yuber just is a bloodthirsty maniac with less motivation or reason than Luca Blight. Except for the third game, he just kinda shows up.

So basically, I bank that people just think the mysterious guys with cool armor are cool. My take is, if they ever return, they really need to give at least some details to their purpose. We've seen characters grow over a couple games and become more of a force than they initially appeared to be. I don't question that we'll see more of it. V had a lot of memorable characters that can go somewhere. III had a whole generation of kids. IV... well a bit of development on many of these characters would be great. But honestly, I prefer many of those to Yuber and Pesmerga.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Dura Sinai wrote: Yuber just is a bloodthirsty maniac with less motivation or reason than Luca Blight.
You think Luca Blight has no reason for being a bloodthirsty maniac!? I think he has one of the best reasons out of anyone in any game/book/movie!
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Dura Sinai wrote:My take is, if they ever return, they really need to give at least some details to their purpose.
Didn't they basically say this? 'If we bring Yuber and Pesmerga back we want them to be heavily involved in the plot' or some such? I think they feel the same way.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Sickpup wrote:
Dura Sinai wrote: Yuber just is a bloodthirsty maniac with less motivation or reason than Luca Blight.
You think Luca Blight has no reason for being a bloodthirsty maniac!? I think he has one of the best reasons out of anyone in any game/book/movie!
Nope he does, hence why he has less reason than Luca. Luca is insane for at least some reason. Yuber just likes to kill things for fun. However only Luca is comparable to Yuber in the whole wanting destruction.

And Phil, Pesmerga and Yuber reappeared with no purpose to the plot many fanboys and girls will shout with glee and won't really care. That was the entire point in that they have little real reason to be so popular yet some people hold them on par with say Flik and Viktor. If they at least are given some sort of actual story, then at least them having the large fanbases is justified.