Georg's fighting style

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Georg's fighting style

Post by Wraith »

Has anyone noticed that Georg's stance is similar to that of Battoujutsu ryu? His name is Deathblow Georg after all and Battoujutsu is supposed to be a one hit kill attack so that makes sense regarding his Killer Rune and the fact that he always only attacks once(unless the attack kills the targeted character, then he might damage a random target as well.). Now who taught him that style then? If Ferid did then he must have been an amazing swordsman and probably largely superior to Georg( who himself is already regarded as the best Swordman.).
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

his style also reminds me of dias from star ocean 2
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Georg's nickname in the Japanese version meant something like "the one who doesn't need a second strike", which got translated simply to Deathblow Georg.

Try reading dmx's blog translations for specific source article.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, Georg uses battoujutsu, just like Genshu. I wouldn't be surprised if we never learn who he was taught by.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Ferid was supposed to be a demon in combat, though good living might have dented his skills a little. I bet him and Georg shared their techniques, though I doubt Georg learned his style from any one single person, rather getting a little from Ferid and any other worthy warrior who he met in battle.
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

Ferid, better than Georg!? Man, I would like to see that. Too bad he was non playable :(
Georg probably knows multiple styles. Learned from his travels around the world. Maybe he learned his Battoujutsu ryu style from the country Genshu's is from. Some place apparently called "Katana". Hazuki's from there too. I got this info from suikox.com. Don't know how official it is though.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Consdering it's from an official guide, it's about as official as it gets.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oh silly me, I seem to have forgotten about the Translator section since the Suikoden 3 character heights were added. I read some of kings blog and it seems that he does use Battoujutsu. Still I would love to know how the hell he learned it and from who.

And whats this about a country called "Katana"? Hazuki is from Kanakan no? And Genshu's orgins are unknown. Or am I incorrect?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I really have to begin looking around on Suikox... Why dousn't SARS post such information here as well?

I got a question: What is Georg's weapon? Kings Blog said it was a sword fit for Battoujutsu. So is it a Katana or a Double edged blade? Last time I checked he had the same blade in the entire game and it was a double edged ,right? Battoujutsu works best with uchigatana swords or katanas so I would find it strange for Georg to use a tsurugi.
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

How can you tell what kind of blade he has? You don't see very often. I was always under the impression he just wielded a regular katana.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

malicesoul wrote:How can you tell what kind of blade he has? You don't see very often. I was always under the impression he just wielded a regular katana.
During the SV opening Cinema he shorthly unsheats, slashes, and sheats his sword. From what I've observed his sword resembles a Double Edged Sword more than a Katana. It looks too broad and Short. Then again, I know nothing of swords.
Hmm...
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

malicesoul wrote:Ferid, better than Georg!? Man, I would like to see that. Too bad he was non playable :(
I think one of the Queen's Knights (Can't remember who) tells you that Georg is unmatched in combat without Runes. Then he/she says the only person that could match him is Ferid... Yeah something like that.

Is his Fighting style the same in Suikoden II? I can't really remember. Did he have the same sword as well?
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

It seems to be a large, quite heavy, almost uncurved Katana. It has the edge of a Katana but it's broad and straight.
RogetOfTheWind

Post by RogetOfTheWind »

Destiny's Warrior wrote:
malicesoul wrote:Ferid, better than Georg!? Man, I would like to see that. Too bad he was non playable :(
I think one of the Queen's Knights (Can't remember who) tells you that Georg is unmatched in combat without Runes. Then he/she says the only person that could match him is Ferid... Yeah something like that.

Is his Fighting style the same in Suikoden II? I can't really remember. Did he have the same sword as well?
It is Kyle that says that to you.
I'll never be a memory- Sephiroth