Lyon / Endgame theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Philweasel

Lyon / Endgame theory

Post by Philweasel »

I just completed the game on the bad ending and I don’t know about you but I suspected something bad would happen for a while.

Why?

Because Leon was obviously seriously injured, and seemed to get much worse (Almost delirious) just before she suddenly made a miraculous recovery. The doctor doesn’t seem to know anything about it, the line being I believe “Something’s wrong with Lyon? No, you must be imagining things, she’s sleeping right now”

I think she secretly slipped herself some nether gate drugs to reduce the effect of her injuries, overwhelmed by guilt over her incapacitation and confident that she could take care of herself. She probably could have, if not for fighting highly trained assassins, trekking up a mountain in subzero temperatures and duelling the incarnation of the sun rune.

I think the final battle placed too much strain on her already battered body, she had probably been dead ever since the fight against the miniboss and was only staying upright through pure adrenaline.

Silly girl… it explains a lot and makes it all the more tragic. Seems like something she would do too.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Hmm... Interesting theory, but it doesn't seem very likely to me.

My main reason is that right there at the end of the game, she still seems somewhat shocked and dismayed that Dolph has been destroying his body with Nether Gate drugs. And we already knew Dolph was a psycho bastard. So it seems pretty out of character for her to be using them herself, even for a good cause.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I just think that she died from exaustion. Remember when Dolph stabbed her in the back there was some white... stuff dripping from the blade? My guess is that the blade was coated with special poison that kills it's victim, the Dawn and Twilight Runes kept her healthy only temporaraly. That is if you get the bad ending that is.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I sincerely doubt that Lyon took Raging Nostrum. Not only does she despise it with a blinding passion(took the words from one of Oppenheimers post concerning Chrono Cross/Trigger hehe.) but she has no increase of strenght or loss of rational thought( since Raging Nostrum makes you ...rage.).

And if it were another drug that would only nullify the pain of the wound then I doubt it as well because where would she have gotten it? Nether Gate agents only seem to posses Raging Nostrum and some sort of Cyanide pill thing.
Chrono2001

Post by Chrono2001 »

They reason she seem to look as if she was getting worst before the final battle is because she had been pushing herself and training to get back in fighting shape, But she would have to run back to bed every time the Prince came to see her wich is why she was panting.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Considering their unusual strength I think Nether Gate agents take a wide range of combat drugs, they also mixed that stuff that made people sleep and as assassins they would obviously be highly trained in poisons ect. Lyon seemed to hint several times that she knew a lot about them.

And where could she had gotten it? She was in the hospital, Silva would have no doubt have stepped out at some point and let Leon raid the shelves for ingredients. Just a little something to dull the pain and make her look better than she actually was wouldn't hurt surely.

And yes, I would wager she was a little shocked at her former comrades tendency to take drugs that will inevitably lead to your death. No way would she got that far, and I think she was shocked at their loyalty to people she considered totally evil.

The prince shares some of the blame, I would have left her in the palace, she was obviously not far out of her recovery. Though I doubt she would let you of course...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lyon seemed to hint several times that she knew a lot about them.
Thats actually strange since I remember Oboro say the pre-disband Nether Gate didn't create drugs such as Raging Nostrum. However since she knew the name and symptons of Dark Arcanum that would mean that that was in existence at that time.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Wraith wrote:
Lyon seemed to hint several times that she knew a lot about them.
Thats actually strange since I remember Oboro say the pre-disband Nether Gate didn't create drugs such as Raging Nostrum. However since she knew the name and symptons of Dark Arcanum that would mean that that was in existence at that time.
But wasn't Lyon a member after it was disbanded? I don't know, as I said I got the bad ending so no 108 stars for me.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Well actually, Lyon had to have been youger then 10 years. But don't forget that Shintaku/Oboro remembers Lyon and he left when it was disbanded. So its likely that Lyon was found at the age of 8 wich was at the disbanding of Nether Gate. Ferid was probably trying to kill of survivors of Nether Gate in that forest.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

She seemed to know it had survived though, and not just disappeared on the wind.

Damnit, I wish we had found out more about how Ferid found her! Like a huge gaping hole right there. Speaking of Oboro being usless, how about something relating to that, and her relationship with Dolph? But noooo, "Lyon likes you. A lot"

Thanks Oboro!
shuyin131

Post by shuyin131 »

anyone else here share my view that Lyon never died? I say this because there can be no true ending other than the one with all 108 stars. It's their destiny to gather to 108. If we got the ending that had less than 108 stars then that wouldnt be the true ending because the story/game is not yet complete.

Thus Lyon is alive and following the Prince around somewhere..........
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The "good" ending is always cannon. So yes, Lyon survived as did Lazlo from Suikoden IV, and Greimo from Suikoden I, etc.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Technically she did die, she just got better afterwards.

But yes, the best ending is always canon, though V confuses issues by having two best endings.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Not really, one of them is hidden and only appears if you're nice to Lym. Them leaving is the default ending.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

With that same justification, you would think that the Prince is naturally nice to his little sister based on what is presented in game. I doubt Lymsleia would be as affectionate as she was at the beginning of the game had she grown up with a bratty elder brother. I'd like to think that the Tenkai staying behind and helping to rebuild Falena is the cannon ending, but that's just my personal opinion.
I hope everything is going delicious.