Lucretia & Zhuge Liang

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I also noticed the resemblance between Shu and Zhuge Liang physically, and personality wise. Also, its sorta funny that Shu is named after the country that Zhuge Liang served.

I think it would be sorta cool for you to face a Sima Yi type character in a later game, a great strategist who later usurps leadership and he becames your main enemy...
Although i guess Leon was a bit like Sima, for one they both would do almost anything to win, and both also betrayed the respective country they were serving. Leon by pretending to serve Highland under Jowy, but in reality destroying Highland from the inside, and Sima taking over Wei when its leaders became weak.
Also, Leon was your last enemy sorta at the end on SII
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Leon destroyed Highland to end the war quickly. He also became an "enemy" at the end of the game to use your power to tame the Beast Rune. He wasn't quite the enemy, at the end of the day.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

patapi wrote:Leon destroyed Highland to end the war quickly. He also became an "enemy" at the end of the game to use your power to tame the Beast Rune. He wasn't quite the enemy, at the end of the day.
Indeed. That's the dangerous thing about getting Leon as your strategist; he doesn't care about your side or the other, and he'll reduce you to nothing if it means ending the war.

Boy would the Godwins love Leon.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

lol, i think Leon is one-upped this time by the Godwins, i could just see him going to help the Godwins out and then betray them so that he can end the war quickly.

"Im Leon Silverburgh, i wish to aid you"

Lord Godwin, "....um..the war is over already....we lost."

"...wow....you guys suck"
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I thought hi plan was to get rid of the potential mass murderer first (AKA Luca Blight), then use the country that was the most unified and powerfull to smash the loose and weak City Alliances and end the war quickly. If Leon really wanted to destroy a nation from within, he would have chosen Jowston, as it was bound to fall from the start, had it not been from Riou and Shu.
Hmm...
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Nah, he just cares about ending the war as soon as possible, that's a goal over anything else, including avoiding mass murders. But he wants to end wars pretty much because he doesn't want people to die too much, mehbeh. But he's going to kill whoever may pose as an obstacle to his goal.
Cesar Silverberg

Post by Cesar Silverberg »

Nah, he just cares about ending the war as soon as possible, that's a goal over anything else, including avoiding mass murders. But he wants to end wars pretty much because he doesn't want people to die too much, mehbeh. But he's going to kill whoever may pose as an obstacle to his goal.
You know that sounds a bit like Ceasar's brother Albert. When they said Albert was just like Leon they weren't kidding.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Albert seemed more greedy though, he did stuff mostly for his own profit, even if, in the end, his motto was the same as Leon's.

Leon didn't care much about personal gain, if not for the reputation he gained.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Zhuge Liang doesn't really have a "character design" btw because he actually existed.

Here's a dream-busting traditional portrait.

http://art-random.main.jp/samescale/050 ... umei-1.jpg
Last edited by Vextor on Sat May 20, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Alex Delferia wrote:Nah, he just cares about ending the war as soon as possible, that's a goal over anything else, including avoiding mass murders. But he wants to end wars pretty much because he doesn't want people to die too much, mehbeh. But he's going to kill whoever may pose as an obstacle to his goal.
You just went in circles there. Either way, it does leave you to think why he never decided to get rid of Jowy, since he was the reason the war was dragging after Luca was gone. He was the one messing the attempts at ending the war swiftly.

Then again, once you remember the only reason the Beast Rune was in check was because of Jowy, maybe that's why he left him alive. The Beast Rune was much too unpredictable and bloodthirsty to let it fall into just anyone's hands.
Hmm...