Zerase theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

koolcblue wrote:Yeah, Zerase says something along the lines of "If it was you that attached the Twilight Rune then I'll have to accept it. And If you failed to attach the Sun Rune that I don't think anyone could do it."
Hmmm and apparently she's wrong too. And she's supposed to be so smart.
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

Terase IS the rune... not bad at all! That would make sense.

First it would explain her physical traits. Second it would explain why Jeane knows her (she is a rune master, she knows every rune). And the line about "traveller of the night sky" would allso make more sense.

So then she is missing the night rune as a part of herself and not as a weapon per se... or... better said she is a part of the night rune that is missing the better part of it's power.

Sounds convincing to me!

About the above: She is not "smart", she just predicts very well. She's just the kind of character that SEAMS to know everything in advance. ;-)
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Anyone who has lived long enough and learned how to listen can appear to know things that are obvious.

Think about it... almost everything Zerase says is obvious to someone who is looking objectively.

In regards to Zerase "being" a rune. I personally am of the mind that Zerase's situation is simliar to Leknaat's. They are holders of particular runes that require people of a responsible nature. Zerase was pretty good about holding her tongue in regards to secrets.

You also have to remember that Zerase's rune could not overcome Sialeeds on the dam thus indicating that it is not a true rune. A True Rune overcomes all lesser runes, no matter what they are. They are only equaled by other true runes as was not the case in the showdown between Sialeeds and Zerase.

Also you should consider that Zerase even took a side. Other than the Gate Rune Wars, have you ever seen Leknaat take a side? I can't think of one. Zerase is more of one of those "balance" figures. They're not really with you unless you're the underdog.

I believe Zerase is a vampire though. Too many mannerisms consistent with that of a vampire to be chance. If you got the appropriate bath scene, you will also know that she showed no reaction to the steaming water whatsoever. Human skin always reacts to hot water. Hers did not.

I also love how she made reference to the "sword of night". I believe she might know about the Night Rune, which is the Sun Rune's opposite. As you all already know, the Night Rune and Sun Rune were one for some time until Night broke the bond, thus creating the Dawn and Twilight to take it's place.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Leknaat took a side in the Dunan Unification war, I consider Zerases involvement with Falena as Leknaat also choosing a side again. If Leknaat wanted True Runes to be handled responsibly then why didn't she take action in the second FC war in S3?
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

ShardStar wrote:Leknaat took a side in the Dunan Unification war, I consider Zerases involvement with Falena as Leknaat also choosing a side again. If Leknaat wanted True Runes to be handled responsibly then why didn't she take action in the second FC war in S3?
Point taken.

It also might be that Leknaat is working opposite of Hikusaak for the purposes of "balance". After all, isnt it stated in Suikoden III that Harmonia is very interested in acquiring true runes? And also wasn't luc and sasari both vassals merely created for housing true runes?

I believe that "balance" has alot to do with the overall concept of the series. Almost all of the stories are about people being "chosen" by true runes and that is the opposite of what Harmonia has been "supposedly" doing.

Leknaat and Zerase may merely be smaller players of a movement simply going against the tide. A tide started by Hikusaak the way things are pointing.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Suiko-Source wrote:Anyone who has lived long enough and learned how to listen can appear to know things that are obvious.

Think about it... almost everything Zerase says is obvious to someone who is looking objectively.

In regards to Zerase "being" a rune. I personally am of the mind that Zerase's situation is simliar to Leknaat's. They are holders of particular runes that require people of a responsible nature. Zerase was pretty good about holding her tongue in regards to secrets.

You also have to remember that Zerase's rune could not overcome Sialeeds on the dam thus indicating that it is not a true rune. A True Rune overcomes all lesser runes, no matter what they are. They are only equaled by other true runes as was not the case in the showdown between Sialeeds and Zerase.

Also you should consider that Zerase even took a side. Other than the Gate Rune Wars, have you ever seen Leknaat take a side? I can't think of one. Zerase is more of one of those "balance" figures. They're not really with you unless you're the underdog.

I believe Zerase is a vampire though. Too many mannerisms consistent with that of a vampire to be chance. If you got the appropriate bath scene, you will also know that she showed no reaction to the steaming water whatsoever. Human skin always reacts to hot water. Hers did not.

I also love how she made reference to the "sword of night". I believe she might know about the Night Rune, which is the Sun Rune's opposite. As you all already know, the Night Rune and Sun Rune were one for some time until Night broke the bond, thus creating the Dawn and Twilight to take it's place.
have you read my post when I say I think zerase is the star rune? if you did then you should see that a human ghost like form of the rune would have the same skin problems that a vampire would and it would explain her floating and all the other mysterious events, bassically everything zerase does thats a mystery fits in perfectly with my theory that she is the star rune

now about the dam...keep in mnd that zerase's rune is NOT a true rune and in the same way...the twilight rune is NOT a true rune...as I said before, I believe the star rune is watching the dawn and twilight runes{in the human form of zerase} in order to protect them, dont forget that zerase only agree's to join you because she feels she can find the runes if she does and since the star rune is a lesser rune born from the night rune...everythin makes perfect sense, the night rune can turn into a sword so its only natural to think that its lesser form could turn into a human and as I said...this idea came from watching a konami video of an old man coming out of a rune and then going back in it, this gave me the idea that zerase IS the star rune and I think it makes perfect sense...of course you dont have to agree, im merley defending my theory
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Its ok Son_michael. Take deep breaths.

No one is attacking your theory, and given the fact that the you are not a developer (nor am I), i suggest you take a moment to calm down and realize that nothing personal is meant by anything I have written or will write.

Just as you have a theory, i do as well and time will tell which theory seems to be more on point.

That being said, there may also be future revelations that cause you or myself to completely change what we think. This is the nature of an opinion.

Calm down and try to act like an adult.

As for Zerase, i believe that she is a vampire at least for the moment. I have already stated why and how. :?
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Leknaat dosn't take a side.

She just observes and aids the Tenkai in the gathering of the stars of destiny.

the only real action she took in Suiko1 was removing Windy's monster army, which was partly her responsibility...since Windy was her sister.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Komataguri wrote:Leknaat dosn't take a side.

She just observes and aids the Tenkai in the gathering of the stars of destiny.

the only real action she took in Suiko1 was removing Windy's monster army, which was partly her responsibility...since Windy was her sister.
Wouldn't "aiding" still be considered somewhat of an action, however indirect or passive? True neutrality would be a policy of no-involvement in my opinion, yet she takes upon the task of aiding each Tenkai star in their search. Perhaps there is more to this? Perhaps not.

I believe so though. I'm really curious to see how it all plays out.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Suiko-Source wrote:Its ok Son_michael. Take deep breaths.

No one is attacking your theory, and given the fact that the you are not a developer (nor am I), i suggest you take a moment to calm down and realize that nothing personal is meant by anything I have written or will write.

Just as you have a theory, i do as well and time will tell which theory seems to be more on point.

That being said, there may also be future revelations that cause you or myself to completely change what we think. This is the nature of an opinion.

Calm down and try to act like an adult.

As for Zerase, i believe that she is a vampire at least for the moment. I have already stated why and how. :?

dude you took my post the wrong way and I really dont appreciate the"act like an adult" comment. I was in no way freaking out or ranting and raving like a lunatic as im sure youv'e imagined. I merley saw that you were disagreeing with my theory and I thought you didn't understand it fully so thats why I posted what I did

in no way was I nasty to you and in no way did I make it seem like I was attacking you or that you were attacking my theory, however I did feel at the end that I was maybe trying to defend my theory a little too much and thats why I said I was merley defending my theory

but whatever, you took it the wrong way and your response was un called for and perhaps you should take your own advice and" calm down and try to act like an adult"

to the mods: I apologize for being off topic, any further discussion of this matter will be in pm's
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Hmm. Fair enough. People percieve only with what they are given. This was the case here. I apologize for any misunderstanding. Perhaps we should both work on our faults.
Kent H

Post by Kent H »

Well, Zerase can't be a ghost for one very simple reason - she has physical presence, ghosts don't. Nikea touches her, enemies wound her. If she were a ghost this would be impossible, it would all pass through her.

As for vampire, well I think we're taking too much of a western view of undead here. Namely, that of all the western undead I know of, the only one that looks more or less as they did in life is the vampire, which I assume is why others think she's a vampire. Now admittedly I'm no expert on eastern concepts of undead, but I sewar I've heard stories of undead that looked the same in unlife as life, but aren't vampires.

Or to put it more simply, I think Zerase is much like a vampire, minus the fangs and bloodlust.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

To be honest, the vampire theory of mine was more or lese formulated based upon her mannerisms moreso than any one or more physical traits.

I've noticed that alot of characters are connected through their mannerisms, thus I established this connection between Zerase and Sierra.

There are differences naturally, but there are also many similiarities although i'm am most definitely not saying they are one and the same person. That would be ridiculous.

No, i'm merely observant of the fact that there are similarities in their various styles of character and if i had to place a guess, this is where it would be.

It's not exactly hard proof or a confession, but neither was anything else presented... again, not that i'm attacking anyone or their theories.

Actually I find them interesting, though i do have my own. :roll:
Garkness

Post by Garkness »

my own theory about Zerase would be that the star rune she wear is somewhat similar to the dawn and twilight rune, considering that the night rune is directly opposed to the sun rune, it could have two runes to control it, those runes could be taken for true runes being uniques in themselves (at least up to now) but i'm into thinking that the star rune might be one of them. As for the second, i'm not absolutely sure but i feel like the blue moon rune could do it, it's power being somehow tied to the night rune, it make the bearer a vampire while the night rune govern the creatures of the night, i have'nt finished S5 yet, but nothing is said up to now about the dawn and twilight rune about if they grant or not immortality and immunity to diseases.
Night

Post by Night »

To be honest, the vampire theory of mine was more or lese formulated based upon her mannerisms moreso than any one or more physical traits.

I've noticed that alot of characters are connected through their mannerisms, thus I established this connection between Zerase and Sierra.

There are differences naturally, but there are also many similiarities although i'm am most definitely not saying they are one and the same person. That would be ridiculous.

No, i'm merely observant of the fact that there are similarities in their various styles of character and if i had to place a guess, this is where it would be.
The problem with the vampire theory is that it doesn't fit in with what we know about vampires in the Suikoden world, especially with regard to the timeline. Vampires need to live off of human blood, unless they posess the Blue Moon Rune or unless they're Sierra (or if they lived in the village of the Blue Moon when the rune was still there, which at this point it's not). There's also the fact that she has some kind of link with the Night rune (like when she wishes she had the Sword of Night) which would be impossible if she was a vampire, as the Sword of Night seems to spend its whole time hunting down vampires.

Certainly, I think we can all agree she's not human, and that vampires are th nearest possible thing that we've been shown so far in Suikoden. But I think there are too many plotholes for this to be right.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away