Zerase theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Sovereign Rune

Zerase theory

Post by Sovereign Rune »

From playing Suikoden 5, I believe we will be seeing more of Zerase in the future. From the multiple times that she has said either "Give me back the Dawn Rune" or "Give me back the Twilight Rune" I believe that she may be related to the Sindar, since the Sindar have obviously held those runes in the past.
Wraith

Re: Zerase theory

Post by Wraith »

Sovereign Rune wrote:From playing Suikoden 5, I believe we will be seeing more of Zerase in the future. From the multiple times that she has said either "Give me back the Dawn Rune" or "Give me back the Twilight Rune" I believe that she may be related to the Sindar, since the Sindar have obviously held those runes in the past.
[spoiler]
doubtfully. If anything she's related to the Old Armes since she looks rather Egeptian. But yes, she has a history with the Night Rune so she might return in the next suikoden to fill the gap that Luc has left.
[/spoiler]
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

I think she's a rune-incarnation similar to Luc (who was also a "subordinate" of sorts of Leknaat)

specifically, confronted against Sialeeds and the Twilight rune, it was obvious that Zerase met more than her match and was about to lose, hence "*pant* *pant* if only I had the sword of night (Night Rune)"

---knowing what we know of the Sun-Night rune, and what happened and the resulting Dawn+Twilight rune from the sun-night split.. it makes sense that the Star rune came from that same split so Zerase is perhaps a rune incarnation or the Night Rune's "guardian".. forever in search of the Night Rune which also ties up Leknaat's reference to her being the "traveller of the stars" or somesuch since she's always searching for the night rune

o_O
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Well then, I would say it's possible we might see her in the future, along with that damn Zodiac Sword. It's possible a future Suikoden would have to do with that.
Purr.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

She seems like the third "guardian" who looks after the now defunct relationship between Sun and Night Runes. Unless either or both of the runes are involved again in a later game, I doubt she'd be coming back.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

patapi wrote:She seems like the third "guardian" who looks after the now defunct relationship between Sun and Night Runes. Unless either or both of the runes are involved again in a later game, I doubt she'd be coming back.
The Night Rune has to be explained alot more thuroughly(sp) so I think there has to be later mentioning of the Zodiac Sword and/or Zerase. I'm even thinking Zerase is undead because of the Night Rune but that would just be an unjustified theory.
Falenan_descent

Zerase..

Post by Falenan_descent »

I have no idea of what to think of Zerase....

*Spoilers below*

She knows Leknaat. We know this. However, as to their ties, Im not sure. We know she has wielded the Night rune. In fact, here's a theory...

Zerase is a reincarnation of a True rune. I think when she states, "Give me back the Dawn rune" and "give me back the Twilight Rune" she may, herself be a rune a lot like the Rune of beginning. Two parts of a whole.

Or, even the rune that the possible Sun and Night rune together could form. I don't see why not. Lol. Just speculation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sun and Night Runes are separate True Runes. There are not parts of a greater true rune or whatever.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

We also know that she despises people misusing Runes for "evil" purposes as she shouted at one particular person. So I would definatly slate her on the "good" side.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Remember when this was exactly? She seems to consider using the Dawn and Twilight Runes for anything other than keeping the Sun Rune in check as "evil", so I'm not sure how credible that is. Good and evil are very hard to define as it is.
Kazu

Post by Kazu »

The old book tells you that there was a Trune Night Rune which protected the Sun rune cuz of a conflict, Forgot the rest :lol:

I think Zerase IS the Night Rune which somehow became a person/gaurdian protecting and overseeing Sun/Dawn/Twlight Rune bearers.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Kazu wrote:The old book tells you that there was a Trune Night Rune which protected the Sun rune cuz of a conflict, Forgot the rest :lol:

I think Zerase IS the Night Rune which somehow became a person/gaurdian protecting and overseeing Sun/Dawn/Twlight Rune bearers.
No.

The Night Rune (not True Night Rune, just Night Rune) is currently incarnated as the Star Dragon Sword. Zerase is not an incarnation or aspect of the Night Rune. Given that Leknaat is the guardian of the True Runes, Zerase seems to be delegated to the Sun Rune.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Zerase's Star Rune is a derivative of the Night Rune.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

what i want to know and see dearly is the interactio that will happen if Zerase would ever have come in contact with a certain Viktor wielding a certain sword

:lol: I bet she'd be in shock at least that someone like him would be the one to have the Night rune :P lol
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well I doubt she will ever see Viktor with the sword since he gave it to Edge. Personally I'm starting to think the Sword was trying to hide from Zerase lol. Hence why it is in the northern Continent and Zerase is wasting her time in Falena.