Zerase theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

Exactly. That's what I meant. You could discribe her als the opposite of a vampire then. A creature of the night, yes, a vampire, no. She has no connection to the blue moon rune, she doen't even mention it, but she mentiones the night rune as if it has been in her possession.
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

What I wonder is wether the Star Rune is unique and was given by the Night Rune itself or if its just a rare normal rune. If it is unique it could be that the Star Rune makes her undead(Night Rune= Created the Creatures of the Night, you can figure out the rest.).
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Now that's a good theory.

The night rune could have spawned the star rune. I hope we see more of Zerase in future installations.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Suiko-Source wrote:Now that's a good theory.

The night rune could have spawned the star rune. I hope we see more of Zerase in future installations.
well if we zerase in a future installation then my theory will be proven wrong{if sun rune and the dawn and twilight runes aren't involved}, still...I would love to see her again

and isn't it generally accepted that the star rune is a lower tier version of the night rune? or at least a rune spawne's from the night rune?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

nd isn't it generally accepted that the star rune is a lower tier version of the night rune? or at least a rune spawne's from the night rune?
Yes it is. But the difference between being Unique and given by the Night Rune to Zerase or being a lower tier normal rare rune is very large.
Night

Post by Night »

son_michael wrote:and isn't it generally accepted that the star rune is a lower tier version of the night rune? or at least a rune spawne's from the night rune?
I believe it was also said at one point that it was the only one of its kind, if that helps at all.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

was it just me, or did anyone else like the corruption rune? I really enjoyed having something resembling the rune of punishment again. I just wish souleater could have made an appearance.

Soul Eater was always my second favorite, next to the TLR.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Suiko-Source wrote:was it just me, or did anyone else like the corruption rune? I really enjoyed having something resembling the rune of punishment again. I just wish souleater could have made an appearance.

Soul Eater was always my second favorite, next to the TLR.
You are straying of-topic I think. It has nothing to do with the conversation.

About the Star Rune, arn't stars suns? I thought the Star Rune was another shard that was created when the bond was destroyed. Stars are the light taht shines in the Night. Could be that the Star Rune is spawned from the night/sun rune but then more alligned to the Night Rune. Unlike the Dawn/twilight rune who would then be more aligned to the Sun rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I dont think the star rune spawned from the bond of the sun and night rune, I think the star rune was created by the night rune alone in order to watch and protect the dawn and twilight runes but your oppinion makes sense, if the star rune is another rune that was created when the night rune left the sun rune then its deffinetley alligned more to the night rune and probably the star rune didn't want to stay with the sun rune so it followed the Night rune
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Stars could be compared with the sun, given the fact that the sun is more or less a big star itself.

It's not impossible to assume that the star rune is actually a by-product of the night rune but it would be nice to get some hard evidence of that.

The closest i can think in terms of evidence is when Zerase makes reference to the "sword of night" which could be related to the night rune itself.

Wasn't Edge's sword in SIII something like star dragon sword?? I wonder if there is any connection.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Suiko-Source wrote:Stars could be compared with the sun, given the fact that the sun is more or less a big star itself.

It's not impossible to assume that the star rune is actually a by-product of the night rune but it would be nice to get some hard evidence of that.

The closest i can think in terms of evidence is when Zerase makes reference to the "sword of night" which could be related to the night rune itself.

Wasn't Edge's sword in SIII something like star dragon sword?? I wonder if there is any connection.
Actually the Sword of Night is a 99.9% likely the Star Dragon Sword. If its not then I'l happily hang myself.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Considering the Star Dragon Sword is an incarnation of the Night Rune (isn't it?) this is almost certainly true.

My interpretation is that Zerase, whatever she is, owes some kind of direct allegience to the Night Rune / Sword. Perhaps because it gave her the Star rune, or perhaps for some other reason we know nothing about. It seems likely that it gave her the task of helping watch over the Sun/Dawn/Twilight runes... and maybe the Night rune as well.

This also seems to fit with her character. If I'm remembering right from III, the Star Dragon Sword was, well, kind of sarcastic and combative. I bet it doesn't make Zerase's life easy. This particularly shows up in an Oboro investigation where he says:
She keeps up a calm face, but people have overheard her
grumbling. Like "the Sword of Night, blah, blah, blah," or
"Why do I have to do this?"
That all seems to fit together nicely. I'd probably snap at people too if I had to take orders from that sword. Plus, if she's been around and doing this for hundreds of years (which seems likely, since other very old characters seem to see her as also being very old), she's probably sick and tired of stupid humans mucking about with the runes she's tasked with protecting.

None of this explains exactly what she is, but it explains a lot of her actions and attitudes.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I'm not sure who said it, if it was in one of the Old Books or if Levi said it but I believe it was said that the Star Rune was as unique as the Dawn and Twilight Runes. I would put the Star Rune on the same level as the medium teir elemental Runes (Thunder, Cyclone, Flowing, M. Earth and Rage)
jannin

Post by jannin »

It is Levi's letter.

He explained that Star Rune came from Night Rune and is unique and thereis no other copies, one of its kind like Twilight and Dawn rune.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Something I thought I should bring up is Zarase's apparent ability to simply cease to exist in a location. She walks out of the rune room in the east palace but no one outside sees her. She also walks around a corner in the Barrows basement and is gone when we see around the corner a second later.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel