Hikusaak

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well Yuber and Hikusaak both seem to be connected to the hunt of the runes somehow. Yuber has been seen around more true runes than just about anyone else. He could just be putting on a show. It wouldn't be farfetched for him to act like a complete bafoon only to achieve his goal with ease. No matter where he goes, he always survives, where as all the other rune bearers around him die. In one of my theories I didn't fully understand why he would just be leaving the runes once an owner dies, but if he lost the Beast Rune of its free will like you said on one post than maybe he is looking for ways to control the true runes.

Another theory was that both Yuber and Pesmerga are CLONES like Luc and Sassarai but with a deeper purpose (and upgraded versions of course). As for not looking like Luc or Sasarai, well firstly, we don't know what kind of cloning technology Hikusaak used. Secondly, Luc and Sassarai were tempered with. There is no concrete evidence to say Hikusaak looks like that.
so was Napoleon that doesnt mean he was a bad one is there any info on what the religion is about or who made the cast system
No it doesn't mean that he was bad, but a majority (a big majority) of tyrants were hated by the people as the term was actually created for someone who took over the kingdom by force. There is no clear evidence Hikusaak is evil as all he did was whats good for his empire. There is of course him attacking the Gate Rune Village but thats just power hungry.

As for Suikoden V, I really hope they do it in the Queendom of Falena (is that how its spelt?), the place Georg Prime is from.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There isn't much of any huge secret concerning Yuber, due to the fact that he talked quite a lot in Suikoden 3. Yuber's purpose of existence is to cause as much chaos as possible, and he will serve whomever that would help achieve his goal. That's why he joined Windy, Jowy, and Luc. All of them promised Yuber lots of carnage.

It's pretty clear that Yuber's existence has close connections to True Runes, but all evidences point towards the fact that Yuber doesn't really care about other True Runes. He basically appears when summoned by those who promise chaos to sate his "thirst." At times, it almost seems as if Yuber himself doesn't quite understand his purpose, or the nature of his own being.

If Yuber had any interest in controlling True Runes, he has been given countless opportunities to do just that. Not only has he been around two other True Rune bearers (Windy and Neclord) for centuries, but he has been in close contact with the Soverign Rune, Beast Rune, Black Sword, Night Rune, Blue Moon Rune, Souleater, The Five Elemental runes, and the Bright Shield Rune. He only shows a reaction towards the Bright Shield rune, and his reaction is that of disdain--he has some sort of reason to truly hate the Bright Shield Rune, but he doesn't really do much about that either--he simply disappears at the battle in L'renouille.

He even likes the idea of Luc destroying a True Rune. If Yuber is interested in collecting or controlling True Runes, he'd surely not want to help such a cause.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

So what you're saying is that Yuber despises the True Runes? If so then that may be why his puprose is to cause chaos, because the Suiko world would be chaotic without the True Runes, right?
Usesnumbers

Post by Usesnumbers »

RageRune wrote:So what you're saying is that Yuber despises the True Runes? If so then that may be why his puprose is to cause chaos, because the Suiko world would be chaotic without the True Runes, right?
Perhaps he is just as much disguisted at the possible future of dharma(sp) and knows lucs fortelling is true, to the runes knowing the past, and maybe their future, as well? So perhaps he was just trying to avoid his fate....

As for the other past instances...just his loving chaos or whatever..... this will likely be shot down by sarsadmin... i love him for shooting me down.....
Deconstr
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

There isn't much of any huge secret concerning Yuber, due to the fact that he talked quite a lot in Suikoden 3. Yuber's purpose of existence is to cause as much chaos as possible, and he will serve whomever that would help achieve his goal. That's why he joined Windy, Jowy, and Luc. All of them promised Yuber lots of carnage.
Yes I know that, but what I was saying was that he was fooling them all along by ACTING like all he wants was carnage and destruction where as in reality he was granted easier access to spy on them and the true runes.
At times, it almost seems as if Yuber himself doesn't quite understand his purpose, or the nature of his own being.
Heh, mebe Hikusaak got amnesia hahaha.
If Yuber had any interest in controlling True Runes, he has been given countless opportunities to do just that.
Yes but as you said on one of the posts, Hikusaak lost the Beast Rune of its free will so he came up with that story about him giving it to Highland. Maybe he is investigating how others use their runes rather than acting on it and losing the runes once again.
He even likes the idea of Luc destroying a True Rune. If Yuber is interested in collecting or controlling True Runes, he'd surely not want to help such a cause.
Maybe he just wants to see if it can be done or not. He has doubts about true runes being capable of being destroyed and wants to see if Luc has somehow found a way (makes all those runes that disobey easy to eliminate dunnit?).
So what you're saying is that Yuber despises the True Runes? If so then that may be why his puprose is to cause chaos, because the Suiko world would be chaotic without the True Runes, right?
Not necesarily. Apparently the runes themselves balance chaos and order. If one of the runes was destroyed that would cause some type of chaos, but if all of them were gone the world would just turn to what we have here (+kobolds, nekobolds, elves, dwarves). Dragons would die out, as would vampires, due to Joshua and Sierra. Monsters would go too because of the gate rune. If there are further runes that enable the existance of any race or creature that would go too, not to forget that all magic would dissapear as well, thus we'd have a boring ol world we also know as earth. :P Basically just wouldn't be as fun. It would take the most powerful tools/weapons on the planet and destroy them.
Perhaps he is just as much disguisted at the possible future of dharma(sp) and knows lucs fortelling is true, to the runes knowing the past, and maybe their future, as well? So perhaps he was just trying to avoid his fate....
Could do. Maybe he is trying to alter fate to better suit him....or possibly even get to the point of Luc's predicament, thus causing further chaos or gathering more runes or something.
As for the other past instances...just his loving chaos or whatever..... this will likely be shot down by sarsadmin... i love him for shooting me down.....
Hahah, it is fun lol. So hard to counter argue when he has so many sources at hand. I love discussin stuff with him though as he is very logical.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I don't buy the whole concept of "this character may be ACTING like that just to further their agenda!"

First of all, it is a cheap plot device, and I doubt a scenario writer like Murayama would have created that sort of background. Secondly, there are plenty of other characters who can equally be acting under false pretense while secretly spying on True Rune bearers, such as Viki or Jeane.

Thrirdly, if Yuber is Hikusaak, it's unconceivable how he would work under Lu, who would be his own clone. They also look completely dissimilar.

Although I can not convince anyone otherwise if they are willfuly clinging onto the slightest possibility that their idea that Yuber may be Hikusaak, my point is that there is no hard evidence, or even the slightest clue that the two characters can be one and the same. It's the type of stuff that would end up in the "unsubstantiated guesswork" forum here at Suikosource.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Secondly, there are plenty of other characters who can equally be acting under false pretense while secretly spying on True Rune bearers, such as Viki or Jeane.
Suppose you're right here.
They also look completely dissimilar.
Luc has been modified and once again we don't know what methods of cloning Hikusaak used. Yuber and Pesmerga seem to be clones too, and the only person we know capable of cloning is Hikusaak.
Although I can not convince anyone otherwise if they are willfuly clinging onto the slightest possibility that their idea that Yuber may be Hikusaak
That is exactlly it.....it is only a POSSIBILITY. Either that or Yuber is working under Hikusaak or against him, but it seems he is somehow connected to Hikusaak. It seems to make some sense since of Luc's future prediction.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I have not seen any evidence of Yuber's connection with Hikusaak. The only connection is that Hikusaak is the bearer of the Circle Rune, which promotes Order, while Yuber is the bearer of the Eightfold Rune, and he promotes Chaos. The two basically promote opposite things, which make it unlikely that the two are the same people at all.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Ok fine, so dropping the idea that the two are one and the same, is it not possible that they are somehow connected??? That Hikusaak had something to do with the cloning process of Yuber and Pesmerga (not necesserily cloning himself). Yuber and Pesmerga seem to be more clones than twins. Yuber represents Chaos, Hikusaak represents Order, what about Pesmerga??? Man I wish Konami would give us just a tiny bit more on him.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There's no info to confirm that Pesmerga and Yuber are clones. If they were, it'd surely be a cop-out from aplot perspective. They already used that plot with Luc and Sasarai.

Besides, Murayama has stated that Pesmerga and Yuber's conflict can only come to an end in the "final suikoden." This seems to say that their nature is far more important and crucial to the storyline than being mere clones of each other.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well of course it'd be more crucial, but being clones would only be a part of that story, if it was true that is.
Besides, Murayama has stated that Pesmerga and Yuber's conflict can only come to an end in the "final suikoden." This seems to say that their nature is far more important and crucial to the storyline than being mere clones of each other.
This exact thing was what made me think Yuber was putting on an act. Most of the suikoden universe revolves around events such as struggles and wars, not as much with characters involved, but the overall plot might change in the final suikoden due to those two, and the next biggest character known asides from these two would have to be Hikusaak, and him missing only adds to susspicion that the three are somehow connected.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Hopefully the Suikoden series will continue long enough so that players can actually see this supposed end. Although I am getting increasingly suspicious that such an end will actually be realized and revealed.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well thats what I'm thinking too. The supposed end was going to be left at Suikoden II but then they restarted and know, seeing that they are sitting on somewhat of a gold mine (especially with FF kinda giving way lately), I wouldn't be suprised if they went into one of those never-ending series like the FF.
Usesnumbers

Post by Usesnumbers »

Black Fang wrote:Well thats what I'm thinking too. The supposed end was going to be left at Suikoden II but then they restarted and know, seeing that they are sitting on somewhat of a gold mine (especially with FF kinda giving way lately), I wouldn't be suprised if they went into one of those never-ending series like the FF.
I hope not. I love suikoden, but if it turns into FF it will be a sad day. Also so why were they supposed to end the suikodens on the second one? I do not see the full closure in that one really.
Deconstr
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The series is bound to end.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.