My Jeane Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jeane never shows any signs of cluelessness.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

It's the fact that she says "Tee Hee" alot, not the kind of vernacular you'd expect from an intelligent person. However I also think that this is partly an act, to lull people into the sense that she is safe and harmless.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Falenan_descent wrote:Noted. But, I still believe she's clueless in a lot of places. But, as I stated, Runes are her specialty =P Therefore, of course shed' be familiar on those terms.
She isn't clueless. She uses the giggling to hide a serious personality. If anything, she's at least as intelligent as Zerase. She merely hides it. And who knows, maybe she enjoys the attention at the same time, or is laughing because everyone who drools over her has no idea what her "true form" looks like.

Viki is the clueless one.
Night

Post by Night »

Having only just got Jeane, I was struck by a thought during the sarcophogus scene. I don't think anyone has questioned exactly what she did to the coffin, but it seemed magical in origin. My impression was that she performed some kind of spell that boosted her vitality/extended her life. Unfortunately this is just one theory among the many available, but that was certainly how it seemed to me. From that you can extrapolate that she is from that ancient civilisation (especially as she knew about the destroyed city there) but it's still all just guesswork.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Zadiel

Post by Zadiel »

Well consider some things here.

1. In Suikoden III, wasnt the girl that was helping Luc a Sindar? If so then we know what they look like.

2. The Sindar still exist, as Killey has pointed this out many times with his often obscure phrases. To my understanding the leader of the Sindar has a True Rune that makes his people wander, and cannot settle down. Perhaps they did something so bad that this was there punishment?

3. There are still two whole continents that we havent been to as of yet in game. Who knows what well find there.

4. It makes sense to me that Jeane could be a Sindar, as could a few other people that have been in the games. Wouldnt the best way to hide a highly advanced being that is thought to be extinct, by making them look like normal people?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

They never stated that Sarah was a Sindar, only that Leknaat took her and Luc from Harmonia.

We can speculate until were blue in the face on what she did or got from the Coffin. Though she DID say she got something. My personal guess is some sort of artifact of power, perhaps a Rune. Until such time as the story reveals what it is, we don't know what she got and don't know if she is Sindar or not.

On a side note didn't that Ghost Ship master say 'he' was Sindar? I remember it talking about the Eternal City and all that.
Night

Post by Night »

1. In Suikoden III, wasnt the girl that was helping Luc a Sindar? If so then we know what they look like.
No she wasn't. She was just a very powerful mage.
To my understanding the leader of the Sindar has a True Rune that makes his people wander, and cannot settle down.
True, this is the Rune of Change. However, it has also been said that the Sindar eventually made their way to the Eternal City, although we have no idea what or where that is. So we don't know if they managed to break the rune's curse or if they're still wandering.
It makes sense to me that Jeane could be a Sindar, as could a few other people that have been in the games.
Certainly, there is a possibility for us to have a seen a Sindar or two so far without knowing. But if I remember correctly, Jeane has had absolutely zero to do with Sindar-related activities in any of the Suikoden games so far. When you consider we've visited ruins in almost every single game, you'd think they'd throw in a link for Jeane somewhere. However, the only link has been with the city of the Ancient Armes Dynasty, which was hundreds of years before the Sindar came to Falena.

Having just recruited Eresh, some of the things said between her and Jeane would seem to at least partially support my earlier theory. When Jeane describes why she opened the passageway, Eresh says that Jeane had a right to get 'it' (whatever 'it' is), and also that she (Jeane) had little choice in the matter. This suggest to me that whatever she got from the coffin was quite important to prolonging Jeane's life, and that she couldn't have continued to exist without it.

*Edit*
On a side note didn't that Ghost Ship master say 'he' was Sindar? I remember it talking about the Eternal City and all that.
I think it was Leknaat telling the Ghost Ship Master to return to the Eternal City, as opposed to actually calling it a Sindar. But that seems the most logical idea, since we know (as much as we ever know anything with Suikoden!) that the Sindar reside there now.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Here's a thought, whatever Jeane did get, do you think it "alerted" Eresh? That Jeane knew that it would get her attention and so drops a letter to the Prince when she thinks Eresh will be there.
jannin

Post by jannin »

ShardStar wrote:On a side note didn't that Ghost Ship master say 'he' was Sindar? I remember it talking about the Eternal City and all that.
I actually thought extensively about the guide. He might be connected to both Sindar and Yuber.

He did mention Eternal City and mentions as his mean to get his way with the True Runes. And in his words he has much malice towards True Runes like Yuber does.

Assume, just assume if the guide is Sindar. I theorize that he bare malice towards True Runes as Rune of Change kept their clan unable to settle down. Then in Guide's words, he hints that Eternal City is freedom of Rune's curse. And if his true intention is like the destruction of true rune like Yuber, that would epxlain why Leknaat wants him gone.

This also makes me wonder, could Yuber also has ties to the Eternal City as well, maybe that is how he gets the power to bare a True Rune depsit ebeign their enemy?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Whoopsies; nevermind.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

From what everyone has said this is what I understood.

1) Jeane ain't Sinda she could be one of the races older than the Queendome of Falena.

2) The object in the coffin is not a True Rune but an object with immense importance just like the Blinking Mirror.

Personal note: It seems to be Jeane is drawn to a True Rune bearer coz she always ends up as an SoD and I think she knows more than she is putting on. Only thing that bothers me is that why doesn't other powerful beings in Suikoden(ex: leeknat, Crowley etc...) has ever talked about her or her importance if there is any.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

i think, this Jeane isn't the same of the others games. Why?

I remember, that konami says especifically that Jeane isn't a true rune bearer. They allways said that "all members of Jeane family are very similar".

The Jeane of Suikoden IV isn't the same that I,II,III. She says to Viki in one of bathscenes that she don't know her. And Jeane don't look as a liar.

In all other suikoden she acts like normal people. But here is diferent he acts more "trascendent".

I think this Jeane is the "first jeane" an the others are only her "descendents".

I don't think that she is a sindar, because the ruins that you visit whith her are more old than sindar race. May be she is a priest of that ancient race. Eresh call her "comrade" and probably Eresh don't have a true rune but still she looks youg just like Jeane.

If Jeane was the first queen, she can equip Sun rune to Lym without problems, and she can't do it.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Alot of stuff in Suiko five contradicts the idea that Jeane is just a bunch of identical decendants, your second to last paragraph is among them. :?

Doesn't S4 take place 150 years before S1?

Which do you mean by 'here'? 3 or 5?
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

"Only thing that bothers me is that why doesn't other powerful beings in Suikoden(ex: leeknat, Crowley etc...) has ever talked about her or her importance if there is any."

Just because someone is a really powerful magician doesn't mean they know everything nor always talk about everything they know. None of them talked about Pes or Yuber either and we know they have some significance in the suikoden world.

Well, I always thought that the Jeanes as family statement was probably boggus and used to trail us off. I like the idea of Jeane from IV being the same one from the others games.

I don't know what her deal is but I only know she is most likely very smart, very powerful and maybe some kind of authority in the suikoden world. The reason I think this is because Zerase (who is very smart also about runes) who acted very arrogont to everybody, even to Leknaat (when she said "are you giving ME an order") seemed to act like Jeane is at least an equal. So Jeane is obviously at least very smart or has a lot of power and maybe authority.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Actually Jeane in S3 refers to Apple "Oh Apple same as ever" I believe it was in the comments box, I'll have to check my Jeane file later.

I think the Jeane at least in s1, 2, & 3 ARE the same Jeane. Apple comments how Jeane looks exactly like she did in s2. As for the IV and V Jeane we can't be sure just yet. Also who says Jeane can't lie?