My Jeane Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Desides

Re: jeane and the ruins

Post by Desides »

Cortel wrote:Jeane does get something out of the coffin in the ruins in suikoden V.
It's not a coffin. It's a case. Coffins are not placed on top of sliding altars.
As we know, egyptians were well known for being buried with objects and posessions, and these ruins also seem egyptian.
The ruins are a blend of ancient Mesopotamian cultures. The only overtly Egyptian elements are the hieroglyphs and the sub-ruins under the case, which resembled the interior of a pyramid. (Don't forget Shepcesska's pyramidal design, as well as his apearing over a throne, as an allusion to a pharonic spirit.)
Jean doesn't reveal what was in the chest, it seems magical though, as we'd all figure with her.
Selecting the "what was inside the case?" choice prompts Jeane to say "You could say it's something that I left behind." This is this only somewhat-solid evidence lending credence to the transmigration theories floating around, but it's not enough to promote that theory over the idea that Jeane is simply immortal, especially given that the object in question is not a coffin.
This may also relate to the scene where Godwin tells Jeane he has "One More Job for her" the one more job of course is that she has to go to the west palace, but Jean also says to herself in that scene "perhaps the time has come" or something to that effect. That may relate to several things, maybe her decision to leave the country (and to take that thing in the coffin with her?) or it may be that she needed the item for something else. It's all quite speculative though, too bad there isn't more information on it at all.
Jeane's desire to go to the ruins has nothing to do with the Godwins, and it's most likely that when mentioning that the time has come, she was referring to a war over the Sun Rune.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

While I know it has been mentioned that she is probably more than the Sindar (due to her knowledge of Ancient Armes) couldn't it still be possible she was once among the Sindar? I say this based on the fact that she is constantly moving, and I believe the Sindar are "cursed" to wander because of the Rune of Change. Maybe she encountered them once and now has to wander because of the True Rune's power. Doesn't have to do with "what/who" she is, but still worth a thought.
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Jeane's movement has more to do with her being a Star of Destiny (and working for Leknaat) than being somehow affected by the Rune of Change.
Hash

Post by Hash »

We don't know if Jeane has anything to do with the Rune of Change. Works for Leknaat? Let's see, Jeane and Zerase know each other, and since Zerase knows Leknaat too, now everyone is assuming that the three are banded together.

There's no interaction at all between Jeane and Leknaat, there has never been. For all we know, they don't know each other.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Hash wrote:There's no interaction at all between Jeane and Leknaat, there has never been. For all we know, they don't know each other.
There's no direct, in-game-cutscene interaction between the two. That doesn't mean such a relationship doesn't exist. It is more likely that Jeane knows Zerase through Leknaat than it is that Jeane and Zerase are only familiar with each other.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Desides wrote:
Hash wrote:There's no interaction at all between Jeane and Leknaat, there has never been. For all we know, they don't know each other.
There's no direct, in-game-cutscene interaction between the two. That doesn't mean such a relationship doesn't exist.
That doesn't mean it does exist, either.

Unlikely as it is, this dialogues perfectly with one of Zweig's speeches; we need cold, hard facts on this or else a lot of things "might" be possible.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Eyedol wrote:That doesn't mean it does exist, either.
Except the preponderance of the evidence points towards a relationship. Zerase is walking proof that Luc is not the only person who takes orders from Leknaat. The evidence points towards such a role for Jeane.
Mr White

Post by Mr White »

It's truly amazing how Konami' scenarists built their characters. I mean, it's their background wich are impressive. I hope that in a future Suikoden we'll be able to find out who/what Jeanne really is. But I'm pretty sure there are a lot of characters who are as interesting as Jeanne.

Do you think the fact that each suikoden (except the link between 1&2) occures in different periods of time could mean a possibility to use again some previous characters like Yuber, Pesmerga, Victor, Flik?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think that is very possible that we will see other reaccuring characters, I think it is partialy down to if they are needed for more stories. I took the presense of Edge in S3 to mean that viktor had retired though, but it could easly be said he just wanted to finally be rid of that sword. Poor Zerase she's trying to find it and is on the WRONG continent.

As for Jeane I don't think I care so much WHAT she is, I know one thing for sure she is unquestionably on YOUR side. She asks for very little in return for her services to the Tenkai star's war. She gladly helps girde your army with powerful magical Runes and never once puts the Tenkai or any of his followers in unnessary danger.

What does it matter if she's a Rune/Vampire/Werewolf/Clone/Time Traveler/etc. The important thing and the only thing that really matters is that she has for the past 5 games sided with the Tenkai star and helped to achieve victory each time. I don't know if we will EVER get a straight answer on what she is, because really WHAT she is has never really mattered. All that mattered was who's side she's on.

Course I know that's not going to stop anyone from wondering, who can resist a good mystery huh? However it has been said that some doors are better left un-open and Richmond, Kidd and Oboro can attest to that.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Desides wrote: Except the preponderance of the evidence points towards a relationship. Zerase is walking proof that Luc is not the only person who takes orders from Leknaat. The evidence points towards such a role for Jeane.
Um, what is the evidence? I haven't been able to glean it from this thread, or the "Jeane's Rune" thread linked in here. Of course, I still have about 3 pages to go through of that one...

Note: I'm not saying there isn't evidence, just that I haven't found it in this thread.
Desides

Post by Desides »

SpecialNewb wrote:Um, what is the evidence? I haven't been able to glean it from this thread, or the "Jeane's Rune" thread linked in here. Of course, I still have about 3 pages to go through of that one...

Note: I'm not saying there isn't evidence, just that I haven't found it in this thread.
There are two scenes in question: Leknaat's appearance at the Lake Ceras castle, where she orders Zerase to reveal the Tablet; and a scene during the first siege of Doraat, where Zerase converses with Jeane about the bonding of the Twilight Rune to Alenia. Zerase appears to be a subordinate of Leknaat, and on equal terms with Jeane, suggesting that Jeane is also a subordinate of Leknaat.
Falenan_descent

Jeane - Searching for something?

Post by Falenan_descent »

Is it possible that Jeane is lost. Whether it be in time or even memories? IF you ask me, in each game, she seems rather clueless and very...well, blonde.

I believe that she may have existed in the Ancient Armes Dynasty and that the event involving the Sun Rune caused her to experience something really traumatic that would involve her being zipped through time or losing her memories...etcetera.

And, notice, that in each game she is recruited in a Rune shop. Maybe all she remembers is that her fate involves a rune and by becoming a rune mistress she feels that she's able to get closer connected with her lost memories.

And, maybe...just maybe, that "Thing" or "essence" she got out of that casket was really just a piece of herself. A momento. An essence of her memory that was lost?

Also, it would explain why she took up the job for the Godwins. She wanted to get closer to the Sun rune?

But, then again, that wouldn't explain why she shows up in Suikoden I, II, and III if she found what she was looking for in suikoden V. Blah.

Thus being said, Jeane suffers from short-term memory loss :D
son_michael

Re: Jeane - Searching for something?

Post by son_michael »

Falenan_descent wrote:Is it possible that Jeane is lost. Whether it be in time or even memories? IF you ask me, in each game, she seems rather clueless and very...well, blonde.

I believe that she may have existed in the Ancient Armes Dynasty and that the event involving the Sun Rune caused her to experience something really traumatic that would involve her being zipped through time or losing her memories...etcetera.

And, notice, that in each game she is recruited in a Rune shop. Maybe all she remembers is that her fate involves a rune and by becoming a rune mistress she feels that she's able to get closer connected with her lost memories.

And, maybe...just maybe, that "Thing" or "essence" she got out of that casket was really just a piece of herself. A momento. An essence of her memory that was lost?

Also, it would explain why she took up the job for the Godwins. She wanted to get closer to the Sun rune?

But, then again, that wouldn't explain why she shows up in Suikoden I, II, and III if she found what she was looking for in suikoden V. Blah.

Thus being said, Jeane suffers from short-term memory loss :D
jeane is clueless? its exactly the opposite..she always seems to know more than anyone else and she has her secrets
Desides

Re: Jeane - Searching for something?

Post by Desides »

Falenan_descent wrote:Is it possible that Jeane is lost. Whether it be in time or even memories? IF you ask me, in each game, she seems rather clueless and very...well, blonde.
It's an act. She knows exactly what is going on, moreso than almost any of the other characters. Pay attention to her appearances in Suikoden V, particularly in the Sealed Room and at Doraat.

Viki is the one who has no clue what's going on. As an aside, it's interesting to note that Jeane and Viki are almost exact opposites of each other, from personality to their designs.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I always figured Jeane as clueless. Especially in the first three suikodens. They gave her more life in 4 and 5.
It's an act. She knows exactly what is going on, moreso than almost any of the other characters. Pay attention to her appearances in Suikoden V, particularly in the Sealed Room and at Doraat.
Noted. But, I still believe she's clueless in a lot of places. But, as I stated, Runes are her specialty =P Therefore, of course shed' be familiar on those terms.