My Jeane Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Komataguri wrote:Those cast down upon the soil to maintain watch over the movement of the stars and those whom they were born under?
Maybe, but maybe not. Jeane herself is a Star of Destiny, so it makes little sense that she's there to watch over the other 107. Leknaat states that she's the guardian of the True Runes, so that's not her job either. Zerase is disqualified for the same reason as Jeane, not to mention that she hates being stuck with the Prince anyway. Eresh and Luc are out too.

Though it is pretty interesting that all of the mages somehow connected to Leknaat are all Stars of Destiny, not to mention that they usually have some connection to a True Rune.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

Does anyone know if its revealed what Jeane took out of the tomb when you do her side quest? I picked will you join me now, instead of what was inside the tomb, so if it was said or if she just avoided the answer it would be much appreciated if anyone could elaborate :)
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Pesmerga wrote:Does anyone know if its revealed what Jeane took out of the tomb when you do her side quest? I picked will you join me now, instead of what was inside the tomb, so if it was said or if she just avoided the answer it would be much appreciated if anyone could elaborate :)
lol i chose the same option :( anyone went and asked her what was in the tomb/chest thingie? ...hmm on my 2nd playthru im goin that route -.- i was too scared of losing her and wanted her in my party asap :P
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

Arenegeth wrote:Jeane can’t be a Sindar, when you recruit her in V in those ruins you take her (Egyptian like) she says, that they are before Sindar time.
So? If she was a Sindar, she would know who lived before her. The (current) humans know the Sindar were before them and they aren't Sindar.
Adrian Magicent wrote:Well, remember that if you talk with Lorelai before the Queen's Campaign, you learn something interesting about the Sindar. I, personally, thought it shed some interesting light on the possibilities with Jeane, as well as on Lorelai.
Eh. From what I have gathers that was poorly translated. In the Japanese it was more clear that she was joking and in this one they added the maybe joking.

If Lorelai was Sindar, I would think she would know more then she does. Unless, the last remaining Sindar sent her to find out what happened to the rest...eh. I guess it's possible, but I'm leaning towards she was joking.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Pesmerga wrote:Does anyone know if its revealed what Jeane took out of the tomb when you do her side quest? I picked will you join me now, instead of what was inside the tomb, so if it was said or if she just avoided the answer it would be much appreciated if anyone could elaborate :)
she dosen't tell you, she laughs it off like its nothing important
jungie

jeane's

Post by jungie »

I had an other theory. Mayby she looks the same because of her charm rune(because it's a charm rune, she has to stay charmed) And her real form is a really really old hag :P
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

How is Jeane able to get to each Suikoden?

When Viki teleports she accidentally(or maybe purposely) brings Jeane with her. :P

That's something I would like to know. Viki and Jeane are in each Suikoden but how come they don't go "hey it's you" or something. I never played Suikoden 1 or 2. And s3 and s4 is pretty blurry to me. So I'm not sure if it's mentioned in those games. I THINK I read something that has to do with Viki and Jeane but I don't know for a fact.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Pesmerga wrote:Does anyone know if its revealed what Jeane took out of the tomb when you do her side quest?
Paraphrasing here: "You could say it's something I left behind." Quite possibly it's just magical essense. By the way, it's not a tomb, nor a casket--it's merely a stone case, perhaps an altar, given the design of the room it's in.

Now that I think of it, it's quite interesting that Jeane would draw magic from an ancient shrine with a mural of a winged snake... were it not for the other evidence, it might be plausible to say that Jeane is like Xenogears' Miang.

amadeusx wrote:How is Jeane able to get to each Suikoden?
By waiting the required amount of years.

Zaitsev wrote:If Lorelai was Sindar, I would think she would know more then she does.
Not necessarily. Ancient civilizations that exist long enough tend to forget their own secrets. There's a working theory among Egyptologists that the ancient Egyptians themselves didn't know the entirety of their history, as archaeologists have uncovered evidence of pharoah dynasties that aren't listed on the Egyptian record of kings.

I'm still of the opinion that Lorelai wasn't joking.
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

Zaitsev wrote:If Lorelai was Sindar, I would think she would know more then she does.
Desides wrote: Not necessarily. Ancient civilizations that exist long enough tend to forget their own secrets. There's a working theory among Egyptologists that the ancient Egyptians themselves didn't know the entirety of their history, as archaeologists have uncovered evidence of pharoah dynasties that aren't listed on the Egyptian record of kings.

I'm still of the opinion that Lorelai wasn't joking.
Why didn't you quote the next sentence that I wrote aswell? I took back the statement that you just quoted in it....
Zaitsev wrote:Unless, the last remaining Sindar sent her to find out what happened to the rest...eh.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

What did Genoh say about Jeane?
son_michael wrote:
she dosen't tell you, she laughs it off like its nothing important
No, she says,"Something I forgot", which is pretty important and shows that she has SOME connection to the ancient civilization destroyed by the sun rune
Desides

Post by Desides »

himurokoken wrote:What did Genoh say about Jeane?
Genoh says that he felt an ancient presence, but after seeing Jeane, says he must be going senile. Jeane says that he's anything but senile.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

Well those being the ruins of the Ancient Armes Dynasty (the New Armes Dynasty seems to have no relation other than people trying to claim they are of "Armes" descent when they're not (allegedly) heh) and both Jeane and Eresh seem to have a connection to the ruins of it, it makes one wonder if they themselves are from the Ancient Armes Dynasty or were there when the King of the Ancient Armes Dynasty went crazy due to the Sun rune driving him unto madness 8)
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

has anyone ever brought up the theory that Jeane may be capable of re-incarnation?

As a Rune Mistress she's quite knowledgeable about them, and seeing as Mazus and Crowley seem to know a secret of reincarnation through the power of normal runes, it's not farfetched that Jeane is capable of the same powers.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Desides

Post by Desides »

Rivera wrote:has anyone ever brought up the theory that Jeane may be capable of re-incarnation?
Yes, we have, and it's somewhat plausible, but it's more plausible that she's immortal. Check out some of the other Jeane threads.
Cortel

jeane and the ruins

Post by Cortel »

rivera took the words right out of my mouth actually.

Jeane does get something out of the coffin in the ruins in suikoden V. Though she mentions that the ruins were there before the Sindar. So it's possible they were Armesian ruins, but i don't know~ Armes does seem to have that middle eastern quality that would go with the type of ruins.

But Rivera's mentioning reincarnation is pretty important because Jean got something that she "left behind" out of a coffin!

As we know, egyptians were well known for being buried with objects and posessions, and these ruins also seem egyptian.

It's possible that Jeane was at these ruins at one time and was a) reincarnated or b) never died.

She also could have been a native to this culture, or not~ because she is such a nomad, maybe she just hung out at this place like she hangs out in the HQ of every game~

Jean doesn't reveal what was in the chest, it seems magical though, as we'd all figure with her. This may also relate to the scene where Godwin tells Jeane he has "One More Job for her" the one more job of course is that she has to go to the west palace, but Jean also says to herself in that scene "perhaps the time has come" or something to that effect. That may relate to several things, maybe her decision to leave the country (and to take that thing in the coffin with her?) or it may be that she needed the item for something else. It's all quite speculative though, too bad there isn't more information on it at all.