My Jeane Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
jannin

Post by jannin »

Desides wrote:That's what I was getting at: Leknaat's position is superior to Zerase's. Zerase may not like being told what to do, but does it anyway.
This also have a problem. Then why Leknaat keeps on reffering to Zerase as "She whoo Crosses the Night and Embraces the Stars", a higher title than Zerase deserrve? And Zerase is not so pleased to be reffered as such by Leknaat.

It looks to me that Leknaat is trying to make Zerase to be something more than she (Zerase) is. And Zerase is annoyned by the fact chores that supposedly not responsible by her was dumped on to her by Leknaat. It seems Leknaat want Zerase to be somethign higher, byt Zerase has no interest.
SpecialNewb wrote:Maybe that means Leknaat's in a dominant position, but it doesn't neccessarily imply that Zerase serves her, though her position in the SoD is a strong arguement that she does in some way.
I don't really agree with this statement. Being a SoD dosen't really undermind's ones status or not. Being a SoD means you are participating in this huge current of history. And this is not getting into the cases people who switch in and out, like Yuber. Which saying he is a SoD simply can't explain his invilvement.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

We're getting off topic, this is about Jeane, not Leknaat and Zerase, they have their own threads.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Forgive me for asking, but where is it said that Jeane is associated with Leknaat. I know Zerase knows of Jeane and her prowess with Runes. However how does that equate Jeane working with or for Leknaat?

It would seem Jeane IS part of some bigger purpose since Eresh hailed her as a comrade which means equal. That they are working toward the same goal whatever that goal is. Someone mentioned what if Jeane just has a Rune that keeps her young, but isn't a True Rune. I don't know if that's possible, maybe that's what the Charm Rune does. The effect of that Rune is a manipulate men, or usualy men, to this end she has been given extremly good looks and kept young. Thus her body never ages, however she could in theory BE killed if someone was determined enough.

Perhaps that has been the answer all along, that the Charm Rune keeps her young, and thus her true form would be that of an old lady and maybe even decayed one at that. It's not a True Rune but keeps the person Young. I mean I know the BRight, Dawn, BS, and Twilight won't keep a person young but what if that's the purpose of the Charm Rune? To not only keep her young but apparently as scantly clad as possible.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one, and rather then go through all these convulted theories why not look at one that would make things alot simpler?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Perhaps that has been the answer all along, that the Charm Rune keeps her young, and thus her true form would be that of an old lady and maybe even decayed one at that. It's not a True Rune but keeps the person Young. I mean I know the BRight, Dawn, BS, and Twilight won't keep a person young but what if that's the purpose of the Charm Rune? To not only keep her young but apparently as scantly clad as possible.
That is what I thought when I saw the Charm Rune in S4. However there is no real evidence to support that. Though the Korroko thing might hint it its still just assumption that the Charm Rune's function is to keep the bearer ageless.

I have yet to see Eresh so I'm not sure about anything right now.
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

You will know what I meant about "she is a body hopper that was not human in the first place" when your do see her. ;-)

About the Charme Rune: Exactly what I tried to say. In a way they gave us all too understand Jeanes person! It is obviouse that it hides her true form, or cloaks it with a strong illusion that animals can look thrue. But the Charm Rune, as Zerases' Star Rune, is no Trule Rune, just unique. Maybe Jeane even "invented" it herself, being a master runemistress and stuff.

I personaly like this theory best. She is "just" an immortal runemaster that travels thrue the ages teaching people about runes, maybe to atome for the sins of her people... or even her own? Who knows? Maybe she is immortal because of the incident that destroyed the Old Armes Dynasty?

But I can live without knowing that! ;-)
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
jannin

Post by jannin »

I was thinking, Jeane's friend in Suiko2, that egyptian looking woman. Could she be the descent of ancient Armeisan? Armeisan ruin certainly looks egyptian enough, that would epxlain how Jeane knows her.

That would establish strong ties between Jean and ancient Armesian Kingdom. But then, Jeane herself, or Ershe, looks not even close enough to egyptian, which makes it doubtful to consider them to be Ancient Armesian themsleves.

Then what Jeane did at the ruin. She say she should felt responsible for lofting the seal on the coffin, and commented that it is best to not open the ruin at all. And she said this in apologetic ways to Ershe...

This might be farfetched, could Jeane and Ershe be the ones who cause the destruction Ancient Armesian Kingdom? (for what purpose I have no idea) And the two wants to keep that past burried by sealing it? And Jeane is apologetic to Ershe because she lift the seal and Ershe now has to purify the soul down there herself. But consider Ershe says that Jean has the right to lift in the first place... could it be possible that it is Jean who briught the Sun Rune into Ancient Armesian in the first place? But then detsroyed it when she sees it been misused?

Extra note, checked that sccene again with the fight down in te ruin. It seesm Jeane's comment on remerbering is not directed to Ershe but to the ghost and its reaction after seeing the Dawn Rune.
Arafelis

Post by Arafelis »

Just because Jeane and Zerase know each other doesn't mean Jeane knows Leknaat; if they're both immortal and both deal with powerful magic, it's highly likely they would have run into one another at some point. However, because of Jeane's constant association with the Stars of Destiny, one would think that Leknaat at least would take some notice of her.

As for what Jeane is, we can be somewhat confident she's actually a she, given the functionality of the Charm rune- it's always described as working on members of the opposite gender. So that eliminates some obvious choices, like construct entity (some sort of magical android or whatnot). Since animals can percieve her true form, she's probably not a dragon that's mysteriously immune to the mass-wipeouts of an unpossessed Dragon Rune- I'm basing this off of the assumption that since she can be seen as something else, the illusion is primarily visual (which is a pity, because Dragon-Jeane was my favorite theory). Does anyone know of any situations in which people have actually touched Jeane? -It wouldn't prove anything either way, because the illusion could be fairly sophisticated, but it would be an interesting reference.

This leaves a lot of options open besides the obvious 'withered crone Jeane.' She could be some sort of demon or monster, she could be a magical accident- maybe the real Jeane is from whatever predated the Sindar and all the subsequent Jeanes are magical clones which retain sequential memories or somesuch. But honestly, all that's kind of irrelevant.

Why is she helping the Tenkai Star? She doesn't appear to get a single thing out of it; she wasn't a combatant until relatively recently, so it's unlikely she just likes wars. She doesn't even stick around to enjoy the peace and calm. She might just like the attention- but really, she kind of forces herself into the background, never participating in war councils or tactical decisions. She's obviously got an agenda, but she hardly seems to do anything to push it; she just puts runes on people.

For that matter, how does she find the Tenkai Stars? She always moves into the area just before the dramatic events unfold, which suggests she knows what's about to happen- how? Even having a massive spy network wouldn't supply her with the kind of information she would need to predict these situations. This would suggest she's allied with Leknaat... or, here's the fun part- someone of similar power and capability.

Windy?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I've gotten the impression from SIV and SV that she's alike to Leknaat in that she feels a need to help the Tenkai star. Not that she is nessarly working for Leknaat but that their goals seem simliar for whatever reason.

I'm also not sure about ruling out "Magical Construct" Theory, a "Female Robot" may still exploit it's "sexuality" because it knows it can do that to Males. Though I do tend to believe that Jeane is a living and breathing person.

So far it may seem that Jeane gets nothing out of helping, but that might be the reason just to help. I mean what gain does Leknaat get? I guess you could say that Jeane is also fighting the battle of Order Vs Chaos, just on a much subltler scale then Leknaat or Zerease.