Confirmed Returning Characters[HUGE SPOILERS KEKE?]

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that weapon she has is awsome

I cant wait to put her on my team!
Iku

Post by Iku »

umm could juppo be a returning character as the trickster?
he should be old enough right?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

You are dismissing the point of my thread. These are the ONLY returning characters that will be SoD's. YOu might see some characters from previous Suikodens but if he's not on the list then he won't be an SoD or be shown for a long time.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Oh I am SO droooling over her weapon, quaduraple crossbow!! :shock: :P Looks like she's a more successful Trickster then Meg or Belle.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

wow sweet weapon this gamescharacter's are looking better and better.
Li'l Bonaparte

Post by Li'l Bonaparte »

Luther wrote:
Li'l Bonaparte wrote:If she's not a trickster I hope the new trickster would be cute like Meg,Belle and Rita
The character who share the same star than Meg/Belle/Rita is the girl you can see on this pic:
http://photobucket.com/albums/f210/kric ... nt=007.jpg
(See at your own risk!)

Notice she has a unite attack with the character who share the same star than Juppo/Gadjet
She really got the Trickster look cant wait to have the game
I want to be a Trickster too
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

LGM wrote:I can reveal now that Morgan was so important in the first game, he was quickly designed by tracing Pahn. His attack is also a carbon copy.

Open both of these window's and fick back and forth:

http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/m/morgan04.gif

http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/p/pahn05.gif

Once again, you only really needed to use Morgan if you were a fan of Pahn's fighting style and he croaked it against Teo.
i agree with the responses against this. Morgan's background qualifies him to be in Suikoden V, especially with the focus they seem to have on the colliseum. but i assume he's not in the game?

also, even in Suikoden 3, Luc and Sasarai are carbon copies of each other. sure they are clones but if you cared enough, you could have made different bodies because they grew up differently. ie, they shouldn't weigh exactly the same. the simple fact was it was just easier to copy and adjust.
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

I agree completely. Whether Morgan is an "important" character or not - and whether the staff put a whole lot of effort into his design or not - doesn't matter. Here are the facts:

1. Morgan is from Falena.

2. Suikoden V takes place in Falena.

3. Most fans (myself included) would have been pleased to see Morgan in Suikoden V.

4. Konami screwed up.

The Suikoverse is constructed, not real, so there's absolutely no justification for dropping the ball on a connection like this. What would Konami have lost by including him? Verisimilitude?

I think not. To paraphrase Anton Chekhov, Konami put a gun named Morgan on the wall, and it could have gone off in Suikoden V, but it didn't. Game design failure - end of story.

That said, I still can't wait to play it. Morgan's absence aside, it looks like a great title.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I have to agree that Morgan should had been in, he may have not been important in Suikoden 1 but considering his past and role in society, his presence would had been a great opportunity to show the 'difference' in falena society.

I'm slightly disappointed that Luc isn't in, in I and II he was sent to the wars because Leknaat told him to. The only reason to perhaps why is to avoid possible confusion in having people wonder why a deadman is back. A shame because it was another good chance to show luc's behaviour as he was in I before II.

As for pesmerga and Yuber; First off, I did not expect yuber to be there, Yuber has been under Windy in an empire far far away. But pesmerga? He is a loner and from what i can gather Pesmerga was only in SII because they decided not to make Lucia a star of destiny *From what I heard* So are they phasing him out? All I can personally say is if you have a poor continuity against two foes then the outcome (If there is one) will be lacking.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Pessy was in I and II. Luc would not have been in it because he would be in Leknaat's care at this time in his life. Or at least I do believe so, though I do agree, and still do that Morgan should have been in it. At least you can fight with him and he is more memorable than the chef's. For someone who does not, nor did not play the mini game cook off's, they would have never known that they were even in the game, but I'm sure by reading the character descriptions know that they heard the names before but shrugged them off, while Morgan was a playable character, and you got to see his face.
Night

Post by Night »

Luc would not have been in it because he would be in Leknaat's care at this time in his life. Or at least I do believe so,
I think you're right, Luc would have been in Lekaat's care at this time. But this hasn't stopped her from sending along with the tablet of the stars before. I guess I'll have to play the game to see what kind of role Leknaat plays in it (hoping to avoid to many spoilers), but if it's similar to I and II then I don't see why she wouldn't send Luc.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Luc isn't even with Leknaat yet, he came to her 10 years before Suikoden II. There's a 6 year gap between the beginning of Suikoden and Suikoden II.

Suikoden V takes place 6 years before the beginning of Suikoden so it's 2 years before they even meet, there's absolutely no way he could be in it.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Luc isn't even with Leknaat yet, he came to her 10 years before Suikoden II. There's a 6 year gap between the beginning of Suikoden and Suikoden II.

Suikoden V takes place 6 years before the beginning of Suikoden so it's 2 years before they even meet, there's absolutely no way he could be in it.
Actually its 3 years between S1 and S2.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I said beginning of Suikoden. The Gate Rune Wars last 3 years. 3 + 3 = 6
Buff

Post by Buff »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
i thought suikoden 5 took place longer than 6 years before suikoden 1.