Poissibility of Flik and/or Victor in Suiko V?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Marx2000

Poissibility of Flik and/or Victor in Suiko V?

Post by Marx2000 »

Hello. This is my first post and let me start off by saying I love the Suikoden series. I own 1-4 and love them all.

Ok down to my theory. Its generally known that Victor and Flik are fan favourties. It makes perfect sense too. There powerful and yet they have character, a winning combination in my books.

IS 449 -North Window is destoryed and Victor and Barbara are the only known survivors. After Victors defeat at the hands of Neclord it says he went on to train himself in order to defeat the vampre.

IS 453 is the year Odessa formed the Liberation army in the Scarlet moon empire. Victor was a founding member but this does not mean he joined in this year. It could mean between now and IS 455 when McDohl takes command.

This leaves a possible 4-6 years where Victor is training himself. Perhaps he found his way to the Queendom of Falena. There is logic behind it. What better place would one enhance their skills with a sword but at the legendary Falena colliseum? 6 years is a long time. Flik and Victor made it to Jowstone from the Scarlet Moon in short time. Victor alone did during Suikoden 1 when he had to contact Warren. I believe Victor could have made it to Falena during his younger years in order to enhance his skills. Whether he is a Star of Destiny or not during Suikoden 5 is still unkown.

Flik on the other hand has a less valid thoery. It is simply before he met Odessa, his right of Manhood ritual took him to Falena. I think its stated that he never finished so maybe he met Odessa in Falena (she was a noble afterall and had the means to travel) and then dedcided to join her instead of accomplishing his ritual.

Well I hope this gave some Fliktor lovers some hope. Can't wait until Suiko 5 comes out. I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks about this post. Hopefully i'm in the right section.
Buff

Post by Buff »

first off it's viktor,any true fan would know how to spell his name :P

but if viktor did go to falena and train in the colliseum he would prolly be dead cause morgan was the ruler of the colliseum.but some of the things you said could be true since we don't know much about their pasts.if there were going to make some kind of cameo they prolly would of put out a scan like they did with killey and lorelai and we would know about it by now.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Buff wrote:first off it's viktor,any true fan would know how to spell his name :P
hahahaha. oh! i knew someone would say that. :lol:

anyway, as much as i love both characters (they've got personality and they've always been the best looking), i think it would be really pushing it on konami's part. i mean, despite time frames and probability, konami could probably put in any character they please, but it's just overkill on the returning characters. don't get me wrong, i'd love to see them rendered in 3D (mouth waters), but they had fairly large roles in 1 and 2 and i guess we should just let it rest.
Marx2000

Post by Marx2000 »

Whoops sorry about the spelling. As much as a fan i am I haven't played 1 or 2 in a couple of years so my bad.

I agree that they've been very important characters but I think that should give them more of a reason to be in future games. If the timeline of 5 is correct than yes i guess it wouldn't makes sense for either of them to be in Falena. However perhaps if 6 isn't too far past Suikoden 2 than we should see them again. These two guys should be heroes in the Suikoworld. In Suikoden 3 there should of been like legends about them and how important they were. Without Flik or ViKtor (hehehe) there wouldn't be half of the continent of the suikoden world.

Remember Flik and Viktor can't stay in one place for too long. I'm sure we'll see them in games as long as there not past 3's timeline. (15 years seemed like to much of a gap for me at first but now its my favourite of the series)
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

I would love to see them or just one in V and the theroies are crazy good, I reallt just want to see Viktor or Flik in a 3-d game!
Mondo

Post by Mondo »

Don't think Flik can, but Viktor could
Shu~

Post by Shu~ »

Yes..it's sad but that it.
Anyway Flik and Viktor have already do big things..and without these two guys , Suikoden would not have been the same thing.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Neither of the two could possibly be in Suikoden 5. At the time period in which Suikoden 5 should be taking place, Viktor should be trying to track down Neclord in areas far to the North of Falena..possibly in the Dunan or Toran Region. We never see evidence that Viktor has done much travelling to the South, but there is plenty of implications that he kept most of his efforts to the North. And Flik is more than likely training at the Warrior's Village preparing for his warrior's journey. He may not have even met Odessa yet. You have to remember that this game should be about 5 or more years before Suikoden 1.
Rody

Post by Rody »

I highly doubt Flik and Viktor are in this game either, but it sure would be nice. but I agree it would be far-fetched.

But how come Flik can't be training in Falena? I'm not new to the series (far from it) and I don't recall him saying he had to train in Warrior Village. In fact, doesn't he have to go on a journey of manhood, or something?

And as for Viktor... uh, maybe he's as bad at tracking his enemy as Pesmerga is?

By the way, Shu, your avatar is adorable! :wink:
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Please correct me if I've overlooked something, but I don't believe we have any idea of scale in terms of Suikoden geography - we don't know whether Falena is five hundred miles from North Window or a thousand or two thousand or whatever. Obviously climate differences suggest a certain distance, as from Caleria to Lorimar, but I don't think we have any concrete data on this. We don't know if the Suikoworld as we undertstand it is a single continent, several continents, or an entire globe.

It's hard to say, then, that the distance for Viktor to have traveled is too great - it could have just been like the distance from, say, Atlanta, GA to Caracas, Venezuela, a trip (across land and around "island nations") that could probably be made in a matter of weeks. Conversely, it could be like the distance from Hong Kong to Sydney, a journey more than twice as far. What matters more, I think, is whether Flik or Viktor would have had a reason to go to Falena.

My understanding of Flik's manhood quest is that he said a tearful farewell to the Warrior's Village, headed east, and turned up in the mean streets of Lenankamp at exactly the right time to be swept up in the Liberation Army - but this is largely an assumption. Viktor's past is even more mysterious, so it's hard to say what exactly he might have been up to. I think it's unlikely that he'd pop up in Falena, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
[ H4L ] Nathan

Post by [ H4L ] Nathan »

Suikoden II left players hanging when they finished the game and saw what happens to Viktor and Flik. Konami releasing information about the two in the higheast rebellion might also be a build up too. Viktor was 42 years old when he fought in the Higheast Rebellion and Flik would of been 37. Dunan did win the war, so maybe they had some part in it.

Keep in mind Georg also was 51 and was one of the strongest in the games.

Problem is if we ever do see Edge in a game again, we wont be seeing Viktor or Flik because Edge takes up Flik's star.