Luc's Prediction and Future Games

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Archangelknux2

Luc's Prediction and Future Games

Post by Archangelknux2 »

In another thread i thought that perhaps the balance of chaos and dharma will be undone through the duel between Pesmerga and Yuber. Pesmerga, the incarnation of dharma would be victorious and therefore the would would be thrust into eternal dharma.. yada yada yada...

BUT after giving it some thought, perhaps Luc's prediction was of Hikusaak. IF (pure speculation) Hikusaak's Circle Rune is actually a rune of Order/Stagnation, THEN perhap his prediction is of Hikusaak achieving some form of domination over the world. Perhaps by releasing the power of his rune, he could end up destroying the world.

I prefer to think that this is the way the game will end its series over my theory of Yuber and Pesmerga because it makes more sence and is more relevent to the storyline. Its been hypothesized that Hikusaak is questing for all of the true runes. The games themselves have hinted that. It was believed that Luc was searching for the true rune for High Priest Hikusaak before the player realized his true intentions.

Now this is all speculation of course. What do you think?
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

It's possible.

I just can't see how a whole game can be based on one duel between two characters.

Also that would probably mean Pesmerga or Yuber would be the hero. I don't think they'd make good RPG heros, as the hero is usually a naive teenage boy who has so far lead an ordinary life, so that gamers can relate. Having some inhuman ancient being hunting down another would mean there wouldn't be much of a protagonist.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

You know, I think it would be amazing if the end of the world did happen like that in a future game. Because in the previous game you stopped Luc, who wanted to change the future, and then here you are fighting what people you actually played as in the past did. That'd add a great depth for suikoden because you're actually paying for what you did in the past.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

No I think that Lucs prediction is what is destined for the world, and that in the final game, the 108 stars will have to stop Hikusaak or the Yuber/Pesmerga duel, otherwise the world will plunge into a world of pure order. They will have to PREVENT that future. Like how in 3 the 104 stars had to PREVENT Luc and his companions from completing thier ceremony. Luc's Prediction of the future had to have some significance in future games, Konami wouldn't have started this episode if it didn't. The story of the game is unfinished, yes Luc was stopped but what about the reason why he did what he did. In other words, He died but he died fighting the fate of the world and he failed.

Besides how boring would it be if we played in a world of stagnation...
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Archangelknux2 wrote:See thats what i think made Suikoden 3 different from the first 2 games. THe major themes in the first two games were that one person can change their destiny. BUT in the 3rd game it seemed like fate was unchangeable. Instead of altering the future, Luc just died.
perhaps this shows us the significance of the 108 stars, or maybe just the Hero star, and how this alone governs the destiny of the Suikoden world.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Naw, I don't think it's inconsistency. I think it just gave you another side of Suikoden regarding fate. Perhaps it's not possible to always change your fate. That is what SIII was saying imo.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i've been sayin that yuber/pesmerga theory for like a year so i obviously agree with you

p.s hikussak is probably tryin to make himself god by claiming the 27 true runes
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

What is this end of the series talk??
Is there plans on ending the series soon??
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They're talking about Luc's prediction of Dharma defeating Chaos in Suikoden III.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Or PERHAPS Luc was just teasing everyone, pretending to be some kind of prophet. You know, showing off a little... :wink:
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

luc's forehead

Post by dragonmasterx »

In Suikoden 2, what where those 3 white dots on Luc's forehead? And how come they disappeared in Suikoden 3?
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Who knows? Thats like asking why he didn't fight with his staff anymore. It's just a new character design they made for the third installment.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
lucreborn

dont worry goldmember

Post by lucreborn »

dont worry theres very little talk of ending the series lol. it was supose to end on number 2 because of staff problems but they pulled together and made 4. 5 is currently in the cartoon stage lol, u know where they draw a bunch of pictures for ideas and stuff and hang em on the wall. Im praying for a spring 2006 release. :D
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

My thoughts on the "end" of Suikoden is that all True Runes will disappear, as well as the baby runes, and people don't have to rely at them at all anymore.

As for how it happens... well, I haven't figured that one out.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Sounds exactly like the end of Warcraft Three: Reign of Chaos.

All the gods left along with Medivh to teach the inhabitants of the world to rely on themselves. It taught them to stop relying on divine power, in this case, True Runes, and taught them to rely on themselves.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.