Milich Oppenheimer - The First Narcist

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Buff wrote: was there any narcissists in s3,i don't remember being any.
Augustine. There's always narcissists.
i totally forgot all about him.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

ShardStar wrote:The pic really isn't that gay I mean their just sitting there and Milich is looking at Esmerlda not Vincent or Simone.
Exactly, and he's holding a mirror which Simone is looking into, to see himself. I really wish people would stop using the word gay inappropriately/casually.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Oppenheimer wrote:
ShardStar wrote:The pic really isn't that gay I mean their just sitting there and Milich is looking at Esmerlda not Vincent or Simone.
Exactly, and he's holding a mirror which Simone is looking into, to see himself. I really wish people would stop using the word gay inappropriately/casually.
I agree with the use of the word "gay."

And, I think most people forget about Augustine because of the way he's dressed. I mean, he's not as flamboyant as the others--just well-dressed.

He reminded me of Errol Flynn's "swashbuckler" look.
Playing Suikoden III......
Li'l Bonaparte

Post by Li'l Bonaparte »

^^

I just love the narcist^^

They make every game so interesting and so funny^^

Well about Milich hmmm... I never really used him but i know he is one of the important charcters in the game^^

I especially adore Esmeralda... well I thought she could fight..... but she rather have tea at the garden with Milich and Vincent
I want to be a Trickster too
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Milich seemed like he tried the most to stop the liberation army, killing Gremio, taking Luikan away, I mean, i know all the generals tried to stop the liberation army, but Milich really gave it is all. Its a good thing Georg Prime left when he did, i would of not wanted to fight that guy.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Mad Prince of Highland wrote:Milich seemed like he tried the most to stop the liberation army, killing Gremio, taking Luikan away, I mean, i know all the generals tried to stop the liberation army, but Milich really gave it is all. Its a good thing Georg Prime left when he did, i would of not wanted to fight that guy.
it was windy and the black rune that made him do it, after it was burned he got back his senses
Mad Prince of Highland

pesmerga786 wrote:
Mad Prince of Highland wrote:Milich seemed like he tried the most to stop the liberation army, killing Gremio, taking Luikan away, I mean, i know all the generals tried to stop the liberation army, but Milich really gave it is all. Its a good thing Georg Prime left when he did, i would of not wanted to fight that guy.
it was windy and the black rune that made him do it, after it was burned he got back his senses
I know, so did Kwanda, and he was a joke if you ask me.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Mad Prince of Highland wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:
I know, so did Kwanda, and he was a joke if you ask me.
i never liked kwanda for some reason. probably because his name "kuanda" never liked it and he looked weird in his armor, wonder what he looks like without the armor :?:
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

pesmerga786 wrote:i never liked kwanda for some reason. probably because his name "kuanda" never liked it and he looked weird in his armor, wonder what he looks like without the armor :?:
Naked, would be my guess.... :twisted: :lol:

As for Milich--he has to be one of my favorite characters in the game. And, usually, my favorites tend to be the ones actually "fleshed out" so to speak. Those with just a little more to them than others. And, whoever thought him up, had fun with his clothes. I went through his mansion in Suikoden I, and checked out his closets. Seems he's a Doctor Who fan.... "long multi-colored scarf."

And wasn't Milich the first General to say something to Barbarossa at the end? I can't remember....
Playing Suikoden III......
Mad Prince of Highland

Moonbay wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:i never liked kwanda for some reason. probably because his name "kuanda" never liked it and he looked weird in his armor, wonder what he looks like without the armor :?:

As for Milich--he has to be one of my favorite characters in the game. And, usually, my favorites tend to be the ones actually "fleshed out" so to speak. Those with just a little more to them than others. And, whoever thought him up, had fun with his clothes. I went through his mansion in Suikoden I, and checked out his closets. Seems he's a Doctor Who fan.... "long multi-colored scarf."

And wasn't Milich the first General to say something to Barbarossa at the end? I can't remember....
Cant remember, kinda funny, i'm playing them all over again i just beat one for the millionth time, i do know Milich watchs over his grave though. (I'm playing all the suikodens again for the arrival of 5 :D )
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Moonbay wrote:

haha, what i meant is how his face would look. his hair, head structure and all that stuff. his armor really covered him up
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

At the risk of digressing from the topic. . .

Kwanda was the man. He was the everyman. Like Batman, Kwanda didn't have any superpowers or mutant abilities or magic: All he had was a suit of armor that probably took a few hours and at least two assistants to put on. And then he went out there and gave 110%.

In all seriousness, I'm very fond o'Kwanda (rim shot). Look at that smile, almost concealed by the helmet: He knows something you don't know. He hits hard. He can fight from the back row. He can equip Windspun Armor. He becomes Commander-In-Chief of the Toran military after the war.

February 10 is henceforth Kwanda Rosman Memorial Holiday.

Milich was great too. though. People are always bickering over whether the Narcissists are gay, and I think they kind of miss the point. I get the feeling that Milich would never be able to love another man or woman as much as he loves himself (this is pretty much the definition of narcissism). In this way he strikes me as a Suikoverse Morrissey: He eschews actual personal relationships in favor of melodramatic posturing, but he gets the job done.

When I saw Morrissey in concert, twenty-seven people jumped up on stage during the encore ("There is a Light that Never Goes Out.") Twenty-seven. That's one for every true rune.

Think about it.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think you got it right on the nose about Milich, he cares too much for himself and dramatics. Also it is interesting to look at the different general's performances. Kwanda on one hand nearly exterminated the ENTIRE Elven race in Toran and then drove the Kobold populace insane with the Black Rune. Then with Milich you have him holding off the army with that deadly posionous flowers and then tried to stop the hero at every turn.

Then you have Teo and Kasim who spend most of the time combating the various rebel and external forces attacking Toran. Then there's Sonya while defending the last of the empire is the only one who seems to command the navy and thus NEVER attacks Toran Castle. Perhaps this should be in a new thread but I wanted to know why when Teo was attacking that the Navy was not used to directly attack the castle instead of waiting on the shore for the Liberation to attack?
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

My suspicion is that the Scarlet Moon "navy" is more of a coast guard whose chief function is to protect Gregminster from maritime threats. However, one could make the case that the presence of the Liberation Army HQ in the lake constitutes by its very existence a substantial threat to the capital, so this conjecture does not fully explain Sonya's failure to attack Toran Castle.

It's more likely, I think, that Sonya just wasn't emotionally prepared to hunt down Tir McDohl, the son of her beloved Teo, but was prepared to await his attack on Shasarazade and slay him in defense of the Empire. Perhaps she simply wanted to choose the battlefield rather than avoid the battle entirely. I'm curious, but I think we may never know the true reason, particularly if it's personal and not strategic.

As a side note, I'm holding out for a Teo or Kasim appearance in S5. I know it's unlikely, but who's to say that word of the troubles in Falena doesn't get around to Georg's old army buddies in Scarlet Moon? Kasim joined too late in S1 for me to get much use out of him (although with a double-beat rune he's at the top of the badass list), and it would be wild if Teo was a Star of Destiny. Maybe he can even bring his kid along for the trip.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They seem too devoted to their country to help the Queendom. It would be interesting though, since Kasim Hazil is quite possibly the second strongest swordsman, right behind Georg himself.

Hmm, I wonder if this breaks the rules about posting Suikoden V material outside of its forum. Probably.