Luca Blight

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
highwind44029

Re: Luca Blight

Post by highwind44029 »

He hates State "pigs" because they raped his mother. Racist! D=
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Was Luca's madness entirely his own or did any magic force exacerbate it?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

That's a very good question, IMO the answer is no, I don't know if the beast rune really had that major of an impact on him. He may have been partly influenced by the Beast Rune but for the most part his rage and anger came from his hatred towards his Father and the City-State and whatever else pissed him off.
but Luca certainly didn't hate anything personally. In fact, I think he doesn't really 'hate' anything. Perhaps his real grudge was against his father. Even to his father's death, he was not satisfied.
He definitly hates the City-State and it's people, he commited genocide on it's people, he sacrficed 100 people to the beast rune (the people of muse), burned numoruous villages tot he ground and killed many of it's citizens. You don't do these things because your pissed off at your Father. His hatred toward his Father simply fuled his anger and made him more powerful, but he hates the City-State to, he's gotta.
in some wicked way, Luca Blight is better than Hitler.
As for comparason to Hitler I would say Hitler did better, Hitler came up with a lot of the plans on his own adn was very crismatic while Luca Blight simply went on random killing sprees, yelled at and sometimes even killed his own followers and most his strategy came from Jowy, Klaus and Leon Silverberg, plus he got betrayed by Jowy in the end and was killed for it.
Althoguh I will say I like Luca Blight a lot more then I like Hitler, in fact I don't like Hitler at all.
Luca also killed less people in comparison.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Luca vs Hitler. Who is better?

I think you'll need to work on your PR. :)

As for Luca being influenced by magic, I thought it might be similar to the Imperial Generals of S1, but in this case it provided a means for Luca to unleash his hate and madness. Otherwise he would have bottled it all up and become an angry loner.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Masamune. wrote:As for Luca being influenced by magic, I thought it might be similar to the Imperial Generals of S1, but in this case it provided a means for Luca to unleash his hate and madness. Otherwise he would have bottled it all up and become an angry loner.
You have to remember, that Luca couldn't do much when his mother was raped by ruffians from Muse, and the fact that Agares fled for his own safety didn't help much either...:\

When Luca was given control of the Highland Army from his father, he used that as a chance to get revenge...mind you he had gone somewhat insane...burning Ryube and Toto Villages to the ground, slaughtering innocent men, women, children, elderly, animals all for the personal enjoyment of his men. (but more for his own than anything.)

But maybe the True Beast Rune DID have something to do with it...maybe one fateful night when Luca was alone, near the throne room, the Beast Rune awoke and spoke to him...maybe it sensed that he was angry and desired revenge...we won't really know, unless Konami reveals a little more info on Luca's background.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

When Luca was given control of the Highland Army from his father, he used that as a chance to get revenge...mind you he had gone somewhat insane...burning Ryube and Toto Villages to the ground, slaughtering innocent men, women, children, elderly, animals all for the personal enjoyment of his men. (but more for his own than anything.)

But maybe the True Beast Rune DID have something to do with it...maybe one fateful night when Luca was alone, near the throne room, the Beast Rune awoke and spoke to him...maybe it sensed that he was angry and desired revenge...we won't really know, unless Konami reveals a little more info on Luca's background.
Yeah we cant really say for sure. However I think he was angry, mad and evil on his own and simply the beast Rune allowed him to get out that anger. Sort of like a two for two deal. The Beast Rune gives him power and he can use it and the Beast Rune can accomplish it's own goals.
-Chaco
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Do you think Luca was a virgin? Was murder his only thrill, or did he want to control women sexually?

I think with what he saw happen to his mother, he might have been mentally scarred towards sex and abstained from it, but what do you think?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Masamune. wrote:Do you think Luca was a virgin? Was murder his only thrill, or did he want to control women sexually?

I think with what he saw happen to his mother, he might have been mentally scarred towards sex and abstained from it, but what do you think?
Haha, the question's crazzyy!! heheh.

I have no idea if he's a virgin but I think he only "thirsts for blood" and nothing else...He just killed the woman from Ryube whom he commanded to act like a pig, right? Nothing, I'm just not sure if the woman's a hottie or nottie....lol.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I don't see how the question is crazy, unless you consider sex a taboo?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Masamune. wrote:I don't see how the question is crazy, unless you consider sex a taboo?
No, I mean I'm just wondering how the question met your mind..heheh.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Because it's a side of his character we know nothing about.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i can answer why someone would think that Luca was somehow deprived of sex

hmmm... to put into simple terms

one can argue that consensual sex can bring a man or a woman happiness

one can also argue that a being deprived of sex would go crazy

and develop some kind of an outlet for all this stored energy and desires

in Luca's case, one can assume that his energy and desires were channeled to bloodlust

thus, one assumed that Luca could be a virgin...

---------------------------
gets? Runemaster?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

You know who isnt a virgin? Jeane.
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

@Mio

hahah, gets! That's better...lol.

OT
@Chaco

and who made Jeane "not a virgin"???? *giggles*
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

off topic

>_<