Luca Blight

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Chaco

Re: Luca Blight

Post by Chaco »

I just figured they buried him under that tree that served as the setting for his last stand. And they probably piled heavy stones and boulders on top of his grave. Just in case.
Lol just in case, they all turn to leave and he's like "Just kidding hahaha!" oh dear.... :shock:
No, experiencing that trauma is what caused him to go 'nuts'. If he never witnessed his mother's rape and death, then he probably never would have become the crazed killer that he did.

That's true, Luca's hate for the City-State was spawed when that happened. Like Gen. Dirge I can't help but slightly feel pity for him....but still he was an evil man and was most likely evil no matter what.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Baron

Post by Baron »

That's true, Luca's hate for the City-State was spawed when that happened. Like Gen. Dirge I can't help but slightly feel pity for him....but still he was an evil man and was most likely evil no matter what.[/quote]

Thats why we love him. :mrgreen:
Die Pig!
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Luca was an unforgivable villain, one you truly love to hate.

The scene with the fireflies really stands out to me, because it's the only real time Luca has any tranquillity. Most of his scenes involve him raving about his next sadistic pleasure, with the mighty Highland theme beating in the background. Instead I enjoyed this quiet moment of passing introspection, bemoaning the uselessness of fear, and what a stupid world it was he lived in. Then the arrows came down, and he died the way we remembered him...as a monster.
Author

Post by Author »

Masamune. wrote:The scene with the fireflies really stands out to me, because it's the only real time Luca has any tranquillity. Most of his scenes involve him raving about his next sadistic pleasure, with the mighty Highland theme beating in the background. Instead I enjoyed this quiet moment of passing introspection, bemoaning the uselessness of fear, and what a stupid world it was he lived in. Then the arrows came down, and he died the way we remembered him...as a monster.
I agree.

He lived like a monster, he died like a monster.

But he was born human.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Born a human and no matter what people may think of him, be it a monster or just a madman, he will always remain human.

Either that or you can just call him "A man who took up the facade of being a monster by acting like one but is still a man underneath it all."
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Author

Post by Author »

Unless Luca Blight was born crazy and murderous, then we can give the consideration he always wished for to be called a monster. You'd think the Beast Rune would have attached itself to him. I bet Luca wanted eternity.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Monster, human, beast, whatever you call him-- to me he is the ONLY human (or humanoid! XD) game villain that scared me A LOT in my childhood, considering that the game doesn't have voice actors. His demonic laugh at the opening of the game sure is pretty scary for me when i was a kid!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Runemaster wrote:Monster, human, beast, whatever you call him-- to me he is the ONLY human (or humanoid! XD) game villain that scared me A LOT in my childhood, considering that the game doesn't have voice actors. His demonic laugh at the opening of the game sure is pretty scary for me when i was a kid!!
Agreed. Either that or it just made him look hot for the fangirls. I bet Luca just wanted some bloody attention from every damn human there was. I don't think he's a racist like the other villains either.

Hey babycakes ;D
Author

Post by Author »

Gen. Dirge wrote:
Runemaster wrote:Monster, human, beast, whatever you call him-- to me he is the ONLY human (or humanoid! XD) game villain that scared me A LOT in my childhood, considering that the game doesn't have voice actors. His demonic laugh at the opening of the game sure is pretty scary for me when i was a kid!!
Agreed. Either that or it just made him look hot for the fangirls. I bet Luca just wanted some bloody attention from every damn human there was. I don't think he's a racist like the other villains either.
He kills anyone he sees. Best racist fighter ever, you know, treating everyone alike.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

He kills anyone he sees. Best racist fighter ever, you know, treating everyone alike.
Well, then he's not racist, but a very liberal and tolerant man :)
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

The word you're looking for is 'indiscriminate'. Man, woman, or child, it makes no difference to Luca's insatiable bloodlust.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

In short, he's universal. It'd be horrible if he turned out to be the Terminator from the future.....

If he got high on pot....then that's even worse. And think of the endless possibilities he'd have if he was on red bull....

Luca Blight: "YEEEEAH!!!! I got wings!!! Now I can FLY!!! And kill BIRDS!!! Beat THAT, Power Thirst!!!!"

By the way, Luca's still a great villain, he's so into massacres that he never thinks of anything else like theft or rape.

Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

In short, he's universal. It'd be horrible if he turned out to be the Terminator from the future.....

If he got high on pot....then that's even worse. And think of the endless possibilities he'd have if he was on red bull....

Luca Blight: "YEEEEAH!!!! I got wings!!! Now I can FLY!!! And kill BIRDS!!! Beat THAT, Power Thirst!!!!"
You say some pretty random things sometimes LOL Luca on Redbull, I hate that stuff it tastes gross and is SO bad for you. Did any of you see that episode of Corner Gas that was making fun of redbull (well it was making fun of energy drinks in general)?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Chaco wrote:

You say some pretty random things sometimes LOL Luca on Redbull, I hate that stuff it tastes gross and is SO bad for you. Did any of you see that episode of Corner Gas that was making fun of redbull (well it was making fun of energy drinks in general)?
I take that as a complement :3 Never had red bull...... But I'll go try Full Throttle....my sis once drank the stuff and she went super-uber-mega-hyper......after a few hours, she crashed and burned and cried like some pathetic sicko...that's why NEVER drink too much energy drinks. And that goes for LUCA BLIGHT as well...if he doesn't wanna crash and burn on the spot in the middle of pillaging some random hamlet.

Now, back to topic. :3

Hey babycakes ;D
Author

Post by Author »

This would mean, in some wicked way, Luca Blight is better than Hitler. I'm not really sure since I don't know much of Hitler, but Luca certainly didn't hate anything personally. In fact, I think he doesn't really 'hate' anything. Perhaps his real grudge was against his father. Even to his father's death, he was not satisfied.